Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. (2107 Views)

Stocks Vs. Real Estate - Which Do You Think Is A Better Investment? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / Nigeria Treasury Bill/risk And Interest Rate Of Investing There. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 09, 2013
Which do you prefer to Invest Millions into.

Do you invest A certain amount (35M) in a 6 block of flat with annual return of 3M.

Or

Invest in T.B interest @ rate 11% per annum u get close to almost 3.1M

Which is best and state ur reason.
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2013
I will advice you to go for Tbills, reason is because Real Estate comes with maintenance, tax and other money consuming issues, Tbills has non of this and the value of your money remains in tact unlike real estate as your property age, the value is more likely to drop considering the present situation on Nigeria Real Estate, you have nothing to loose in Tbills, because at the end of the day you still have an option to go back to Real Estate, but I will advice you start with 6Months Tbills investment period and see what options of business that might present itself during that 6months period.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
That's right...Thanks for sharing.
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by civilserva: 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2013

Pls explain, how does 11% per annum amount to 3.1M?
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
civilserva:

Pls explain, how does 11% per annum amount to 3.1M?

35million Naira is the said capital
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by henrimoto(m): 9:01am On Nov 11, 2013
@timothy and eddie. 11% of 35M is 3.85M, not 3.1M. the value of your money does not increase in treasury bill,apart from the interest that is given to you. But in real estate, apart from the interest you get which comes in the form of rent, the value of your money increases as time goes. remember, the prices of building materials today will not be @ the same price tommorrow. as long as nigeria is concern with her population geometrically exploding landed properties and housing will continue to add value. real estate is one good form of collateral forn loan.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:21am On Nov 11, 2013
henrimoto: @timothy and eddie. 11% of 35M is 3.85M, not 3.1M. the value of your money does not increase in treasury bill,apart from the interest that is given to you. But in real estate, apart from the interest you get which comes in the form of rent, the value of your money increases as time goes. remember, the prices of building materials today will not be @ the same price tommorrow. as long as nigeria is concern with her population geometrically exploding landed properties and housing will continue to add value. real estate is one good form of collateral forn loan.

Nothing stops you from reinvesting both your capital and interest in TB.
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:26am On Nov 11, 2013
timothy001: Which do you prefer to Invest Millions into.

Do you invest A certain amount (35M) in a 6 block of flat with annual return of 3M.

Or

Which is best and state ur reason.

This may answer your question.

http://www.jarushub.com/idle-500k-land-or-treasury-bill/
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by Sunglow: 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
Real Estate does it for me.And you don't necessarily need to buy land from omolile you can buy from Real Estate firms that are credible.In 2011 I had some idle funds which I invested in buying a piece of land from a credible Estate firm,as at then the land price was #475,000 but as at now its price has appreciated. A plot there now sells for 800k.Real estate is how I invest.
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
Sunglow: Real Estate does it for me.And you don't necessarily need to buy land from omolile you can buy from Real Estate firms that are credible.In 2011 I had some idle funds which I invested in buying a piece of land from a credible Estate firm,as at then the land price was #475,000 but as at now its price has appreciated. A plot there now sells for 800k.Real estate is how I invest.

Goodluck to you, people bought from reputable firms like UPDC at Pinnock estate, now it seems as if the investment is going down the drain.
I also do real estate, but stick to the strategy that works for. TB is risk and stress free.
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
henrimoto: @timothy and eddie. 11% of 35M is 3.85M, not 3.1M. the value of your money does not increase in treasury bill,apart from the interest that is given to you. But in real estate, apart from the interest you get which comes in the form of rent, the value of your money increases as time goes. remember, the prices of building materials today will not be @ the same price tommorrow. as long as nigeria is concern with her population geometrically exploding landed properties and housing will continue to add value. real estate is one good form of collateral forn loan.

So you think because you get rent From Tenant, it's coming easy..Sometimes u give a tenant 6 month notice to evacuate ,Looking for a new tenant might take u 5-7 month again...Sometimes it's not easy as been said.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by henrimoto(m): 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
timothy001:

So you think because you get rent From Tenant, it's coming easy..Sometimes u give a tenant 6 month notice to evacuate ,Looking for a new tenant might take u 5-7 month again...Sometimes it's not easy as been said.
it's nt all about the rents in real estate...but the appreciation of value of assets in real estate. the price @ which you bought a property yesterday will not be the same price @ which you will buy today..besides, having a problem with a tenant out of many, does not mean real estate investment is nt worth investing on. it's not a regular occurence.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
henrimoto: it's nt all about the rents in real estate...but the appreciation of value of assets in real estate. the price @ which you bought a property yesterday will not be the same price @ which you will buy today..besides, having a problem with a tenant out of many, does not mean real estate investment is nt worth investing on. it's not a regular occurence.

Do not get him wrong, real estate is very good. But with the current return from TB and the rest of mind it entail, TB is far better than real estate in Nigeria.

The only real estate investment that look safe is the one bought from government, but we have had cases of people losing their real estate investment to government.
We all know what Jonathan did to Kwankwaso's real estate investment in Abuja, but no one can revoke your investment in TB. Investment in real estate if you understand the risk involved, and you have the knowledge to cope with it.
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by henrimoto(m): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Do not get him wrong, real estate is very good. But with the current return from TB and the rest of mind it entail, TB is far better than real estate in Nigeria.

The only real estate investment that look safe is the one bought from government, but we have had cases of people losing their real estate investment to government.
We all know what Jonathan did to Kwankwaso's real estate investment in Abuja, but no one can revoke your investment in TB. Investment in real estate if you understand the risk involved, and you have the knowledge to cope with it.
i agree with you sir. Weldone sir!
Re: Treasury Bill Or Real Estate, which Should He invest In?. by dannywest: 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
TBills are almost like keeping money in a low interest savings account if you factor in inflation.
Properly chosen property would secure your money and still rise with inflation even if you don't rent.

It depends on you though, to me, I'd take real estate.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Former Billionaires Who Lost Their Riches / Earn 1000000 Satoshi In An Hour / Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gift Cards, Web Design, Graphic Design With Itonex_global.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.