Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Modified ** - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modified ** (1403 Views)

mODIFIED / Modified / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modified ** by Dannylux: 10:09am On Nov 09, 2013
Modified ** angry

3 Likes

Re: Modified ** by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2013
Hmmm,nyc write up!
Re: Modified ** by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
nice write up.... It'll look good in the eyes of patriotic Nigerians, but the dog-headed tribalist won't even see any sense in it, freedom fighters. Lol
Re: Modified ** by Dannylux: 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Elliotwiz1: nice write up.... It'll look good in the eyes of patriotic Nigerians, but the dog-headed tribalist won't even see any sense in it, freedom fighters. Lol

lol One Nigerian cool
Re: Modified ** by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
yawning
Re: Modified ** by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
*tears* FRONTPAGE PLEASE!!!!

Only this write up can change atleast 10 minds in the frontpage.

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: Modified ** by 2innocent(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
god_of_music: *tears* FRONTPAGE PLEASE!!!!

Only this write up can change atleast 10 minds in the frontpage.

#TeamGOM
hw can it make front page wen d ones to put it dere are anti one nigeria
Re: Modified ** by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
The OP tried but unfortunately,
The Jihardists who has been killing our since ever Nigeria was mischievously amalgamated until now, do not believe in any fair play.
while you are busy writing this, blood is flowing in a place called Agatu in Benue state.

Please, go to Agatu and preach this to them.
Re: Modified ** by imsuboi(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
smiley
Re: Modified ** by jakaiso(m): 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
Your write up reads ok and very optimistic-but some things come to mind:

1) This statement

[i][/i][b][/b]

We need a Nigeria where Gbenga leaves the entire Yorubaland
and comes down to the East and picks a wife with
pomp and pageantry in spite of the Yoruba hatred of
the Igbos planted by Obafemi Awolowo, the worst
ethnic jingoist in human history

seems to suggest that you have preconcieved ideas and fallacies of your own. I know many Yorubas who do not hate igbos and I know many Igbos who were members of Awolowo's close inner group. I have read almost all Awolowo's books and almost every history book on Nigeria and have not read one place where he urged Yorubas to hate Igbos.

The average Nigerian lives in peace with his neighbour irrespective of tribe. Its those who pretend to be leaders that always stir up the pot so that people fight each other. I have never met Amechi or Obasanjo nor El-Rufai. Neither have I met Chief Clark or Tinubu nor Babangida-and as far as I know none of them has personally contributed to my success or progress in life-why would i now start fighting someone else all in an effort to defend them or attack them. Ojukwu when he was alive was one of the special guests at the funeral of Obafemi Awolowo and wrote the best eulogy- The Babangidas and Abiolas are family friends-Obasanjo and President GEJ have tea and maybe even wine together-then when they disagree-I am supposed to pick a side? Life is too short for such rubbish.

Secondly-inasmuch as I am happy to see Nigeria do well and I am a fanatical supporter of the Super Eagles-I always ask myself that is corruption so ingrained in Nigeria-that we all seem to turn a blind eye to the reality that most, if not all the members of our 17 team are way more than 17. I remember one of the goalkeepers of the U17 team in the 1990s-he was a classmate of my cousin at FUT Minna-was 30 years of age and father to a child-yet he was in the U 17 team! There is no country in the world where corruption does not exit-but any nation where corruption is celebrated like ours will find it hard to succeed.

What the Golden Eaglets have done is a great achivement-but it is no indicator of the future or present success of our country-otherwise Brazil would be the greatest and richest country in the world today! I do hope that Nigeria succeeds as this is my country; but the victory of these boys is absolutely no indication that hope still exists for Nigeria.
Re: Modified ** by pmc01(m): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
From some comments here already, it's obvious that some on this forum are die-hard, hard-hearted tribalistic bigots.

Haba!
Re: Modified ** by DankemzI(m): 7:10am On Nov 11, 2013
Today, our unity is not firm, and our purpose is not strong. Our determination is unshakable. Together, we will unite our nation and improve the living standards of all our peoples whether in the North or in the South; in the East or in the West.- President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Re: Modified ** by Obalende: 7:15am On Nov 11, 2013
The black race Nigeria included was cursed by niah
Re: Modified ** by jaryeh(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2013
Nice one there Op!

It's like Nigerians only unite when it's time for football where team work is much needed and that shouldn't be.

Nigerians need to unite and collectively find a way of making things work!

We need change and that change lies in Unity! Division won't do us any good.

God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Alleged kidnap of perm sec by Imo State govt . / El-rufai Names Boko Haram Sponsors And “kingpins”? / Some Terrorists Surrender With Weapons In Konduga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.