Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? (3652 Views)

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Nigeria: Are We Really That Bad and Beyond Repair? / Ijebu And Oyo-who Speaks Yoruba Language Among The Two? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by boofydon: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
The first thing my mum told me ever about relationship was that dont bring any OGUN STATE lady especially from IJEBU & ABEOKUTA to our house. She told me they do control there husbands n make sure d man forget to take care of his family.

Some of my friends also attest to d fact their parent told dem not marry any gal from ogun state especially Abeoukuta.

Just want u nairalanders to share ur experience with ogun state ladies, cuz d few ones I have encountered proves all d stories I hav been hearing right

1 Like

Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by Alikaxon(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
booked
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by possibilita(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Alikaxon: booked
do something about the topic or f*ck off.

2 Likes

Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by boofydon: 4:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
possibilita: do something about the topic or f*ck off.
Lol! NO mind d guy grin
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by boofydon: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
shocked But lets be serious guys
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by tyoseni(m): 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Your myth and our cultural bias is what is making Nigeria a one divided nation. You might be right but I have an uncle who get married to an Ibadan lady over 50 yrs ago, he has no trace to his family again which is from Ogun state, Ijebu to be precise. then who is dominating who. Aya rere se fee, Ana buruku ni ko daa.

1 Like

Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by olasmith10(m): 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
the lady might be good but d family might be otherwise. To me,a happy marriage is as a result of the unison between not only d couple but their families.
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by twosquare(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Op,if Funkybaby catch u eehn...u won't like urself ooo
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by braine(m): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
I've heard this too from many people• And they can't all be lying
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by boofydon: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
tyoseni: Your myth and our cultural bias is what is making Nigeria a one divided nation. You might be right but I have an uncle who get married to an Ibadan lady over 50 yrs ago, he has no trace to his family again which is from Ogun state, Ijebu to be precise. then who is dominating who. Aya rere se fee, Ana buruku ni ko daa.
Am not cultural bias, sorry if u frm ogun state, but I dnt tink almost every can be lying. ]
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by richP: 8:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
i heard the same shiit from a neighbor of mine about ijebu girls
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by Osgilliat(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
SAme shit people keep saying about ijebu gurls.no tribe in this nigeria that their girls didnt have any negative thingy.is it osun,ibadan or ondo gurls that didnt have problem?
The mistake we guys make whenever we are in relationship is that we failed to know the family of the girl in the aspect of their believe,relationship with their married daughter.if any and their background.to some family it is a normal routine for divorce and other stuff.

1 Like

Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by Slowpois0n: 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
i have heard this from married igbo men that had them as girlfriends and even from abeokuta elders. but one thing i have seen is they tend to leave the marriage when things aint rossy anymore. re-marrying is one common thing about abeokuta women.
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by Exponental(m): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
It's not by state or tribe, marry someone who will give u happiness, else, u are finished completely!
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by knightsTempler: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
You lot and your silly labels, Stereotype, ethnic profiling, go get a life!

Stuffs like this has no place in the 21st century.
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by Ninilowo(m): 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yesss.......Yesssss.......Yesssss.....The problem with the abeokuta own is that the brides family intrudes into the matrimonial home. The mother in laws will find a means of staying with the daughter ni. I gat 1001 evidences. As for the ijebus na party and awo ebi be dem own wahala.
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by striker9(m): 10:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Slowpois0n: i have heard this from married igbo men that had them as girlfriends and even from abeokuta elders. but one thing i have seen is they tend to leave the marriage when things aint rossy anymore. re-marrying is one common thing about abeokuta women.
I don't know about Ijebu but Abeokuta ladies/women aren't bad at all.Abeokuta ladies/women are very hard working,not the type you can easily relegate to the kitchen.The control thingy starts when she's taking 60% responsibilities in the house or in the relationship,which is applicable to any other lady/woman from another part.
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by Slowpois0n: 11:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
striker9: I don't know about Ijebu but Abeokuta ladies/women aren't bad at all.Abeokuta ladies/women are very hard working,not the type you can easily relegate to the kitchen.The control thingy starts when she's taking 60% responsibilities in the house or in the relationship,which is applicable to any other lady/woman from another part.
you are right about the hardworking part.
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by boofydon: 5:25am On Nov 10, 2013
Ninilowo: Yesss.......Yesssss.......Yesssss.....The problem with the abeokuta own is that the brides family intrudes into the matrimonial home. The mother in laws will find a means of staying with the daughter ni. I gat 1001 evidences. As for the ijebus na party and awo ebi be dem own wahala.
Yea I think its more of the family than the actual lady]
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by possibilita(m): 7:58am On Nov 10, 2013
it happened to my uncle,he travelled to ijebu to look for greener pasture but got married to a local and never did visit home for about 6yrs until someone told my granny about it so my granny summon him home but he brought the girl with him,this girl started to behave like someone who has never touch dirt in my village and my uncle was forced to send her away and divorce her
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by marvelU(f): 9:24am On Nov 10, 2013
You can marry from ABEOKUTA or IJEBU, its your choice. We have some good wives and family there, don't judge with your friends or brothers experience.
Re: Are Ijebu And Abeoukuta Ladies Really That Bad?? by Afam4eva(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2013
These are those stereotypes usually associated with some groups. Every group is stereotyped one way or the other and you shouldn't base your thoughts on stereotypes. Just get to know the person you're getting married to. You're marrying an individual and not a community.

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Ebira People / The 'gods' Of Yoruba Land: An Hypothesis Study / African American Hip Hop Rap Music Is Demonic Satanism And Sodomy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.