Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,032 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church (4181 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? / Pastors And Tithes, Why Can't They Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
pls nairalanders I need your urgent stake on this

I want to get wedded to my lovely wife in my church ...and I was told to show evidence of tithes..as I provided none cos am not always around due to d fact that am in school..I was told to pay certain amount before I could wed in my own church that I have been attending since I was a kid...

pls what do I do?cos I really don't understand my priest ..

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Demainman1: 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
Must you wed in that church? Your pastor na fraud, you better look for somewhere else to go worship

1 Like

Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by critique101(f): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
shocked shocked shocked i don begin suspect your pastor/priest. since when did that one start?

1st to comment cool
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Ngenge(m): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pay nw. Dat u were in school does not mean u should not pay your tithe. Is it an old doctrine in your church or d priest wants to eat his share?
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by wazobiaforu(m): 9:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
This is one of the problem that occur when you find it hard to question things when you are not directly affected.

Anyway he's your pastor and you have the right to question all that is not clear to you than to be acting confused.

My view, your tithe should be between you and God, filling teller or form for payment of tithe in churches should send a signal to wise ones brain ....
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by njideoby(f): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
That u have been attending de church since infancy does not make u a member of de church. There must be some elements of commitment from you. Are u a member of any group in dat church? De church need money for running its activities and as it seems,you have been enjoying de church services courtesy of other people's contribution,now is de time of reckoning. Pay your dues,de pastor isn't wrong.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by tpia1: 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
your lovely girlfriend you mean.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Acidosis(m): 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
You guys should stop twisting the whole thing.

OP clearly state 'priest', why una fingers dey type 'Pastor'?

Its obvious... the kind of hatred that run in minds of Nairalanders against Pastors grin

Very soon, the private jet crew would overtake the thread with the hope that a Pastor is involved. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by tpia1: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
the op is confused and didnt write the script well.

he assumes most nlers would be too lazy to notice the difference between priest and pastor.

bottom line is the buzzwords are tithe, priest [to be read as pastor] and church, he hopes posters will ignore the questionable script and focus on those.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by mcfynest(m): 10:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ Op dont get you.. .. YOUR WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND

AND YOU ARE STILL IN SCHOOL, AND THE WAY YOU TALK YOU SOUND NOT READY BECAUSE YOU CANNOT MAKE SIMPLIE DECISION.......
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by spicyv1(f): 10:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
Acidosis: You guys should stop twisting the whole thing.

Its obvious... the kind of hatred that run in minds of Nairalanders against Pastors grin

Very soon, the private jet crew would overtake the thread with the hope that a Pastor is involved. grin

I'm a little confused here, the description above actually fits one guy that goes by the handle Acidosis. Please pardon my confusion and be kind enough to clear it wink
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by uboma(m): 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
wazobia_for_u: This is one of the problem that occur when you find it hard to question things when you are not directly affected.

Anyway he's your pastor and you have the right to question all that is not clear to you than to be acting confused.

My view, your tithe should be between you and God, filling teller or form for payment of tithe in churches should send a signal to wise ones brain ....

1000, 000, 000 likes
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by olaric(m): 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
This is not the right place to discuss this. The world is in no better position to judge the Church; no ye not that we shall judge angels?
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by uboma(m): 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ op, kindly furnish us the name of the Church. My advice to you, look for somewhere else to get married. That Pastor is only out to fleece his members.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by SalC: 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
Why do I have this feeling you aren't telling the truth. Since when did tithe start having evidence or receipt. If you are talking about dues in the church (if there's any) it will be quite understandable, but evidence for tithe? I doubt.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Acidosis(m): 10:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
spicy v:

I'm a little confused here, the description above actually fits one guy that goes by the handle Acidosis. Please pardon my confusion and be kind enough to clear it wink
hahaha...

My amiable sist, there is only 1 & only 1 Acidosis on earth cool smiley

(((hugsss)))

Now sist, may I know the reason(s) for the confusion?
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Acidosis(m): 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sal C: Why do I have this feeling you aren't telling the truth. Since when did tithe start having evidence or receipt. If you are talking about dues in the church (if there's any) it will be quite understandable, but evidence for tithe? I doubt.

Some churches keep record of Tithes and pledges.

From Orthodox to some pentecostals.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Ishilove: 11:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
njideoby: That u have been attending de church since infancy does not make u a member of de church. There must be some elements of commitment from you. Are u a member of any group in dat church? De church need money for running its activities and as it seems,you have been enjoying de church services courtesy of other people's contribution,now is de time of reckoning. Pay your dues,de pastor isn't wrong.
Adonbelivit!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this what the body of Christ has been reduced to? A money making business venture?

Adonbelivit!!!!!!!! shocked angry angry angry
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by uboma(m): 11:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ishilove:
Adonbelivit!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this what the body of Christ has been reduced to? A money making business venture?

Adonbelivit!!!!!!!! shocked angry angry angry

Spot on my dear
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by SalC: 11:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
Acidosis:

Some churches keep record of Tithes and pledges.

From Orthodox to some pentecostals.
There is a difference between a church keeping record of the money realized through tithe and pledges and a church issuing receipt for the payment of tithe to be presented as evidence when needed.

As far as I know, tithe is mostly being paid during church services and nobody is giving any form of evidence, so how is he supposed to get evidence even if he has been paying?

I don't even want to go into the priest pastor tithe issue.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by wazobiaforu(m): 6:33am On Nov 10, 2013
Sal C: Why do I have this feeling you aren't telling the truth. Since when did tithe start having evidence or receipt. If you are talking about dues in the church (if there's any) it will be quite understandable, but evidence for tithe? I doubt.

Now you just have a right challenge why you should be allow to go to other place of worship to know more about your religion than to be dogmatic to one church. This issue happen in many churches, that even pastor or the committee in charge of Tithe will call individual that have not brought their tithe for a particular month and ask why the delay. My friend things are happening
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 10, 2013
evidence of tithes I meant is that my tithe card should be brought to church to see if atall am paying.. if not then i have to pay a certain amount ..that's what I was told.....

yes am a student and also a company owner in asaba ..
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 10, 2013

The private jet crews will soon be here.You've indeed stirred the hornet nest.grin
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by SalC: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Now you just have a right challenge why you should be allow to go to other place of worship to know more about your religion than to be dogmatic to one church. This issue happen in many churches, that even pastor or the committee in charge of Tithe will call individual that have not brought their tithe for a particular month and ask why the delay. My friend things are happening
Holy moses on a bicycle!!!

I've been to many churches o but am yet to come across any practising such.
This is just ridiculous, calling people and asking for tithe. I think this will only happen in small churches that can easily identify their members.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by SalC: 9:02am On Nov 10, 2013
Mellin: evidence of tithes I meant is that my tithe card should be brought to church to see if atall am paying.. if not then i have to pay a certain amount ..that's what I was told.....

yes am a student and also a company owner in asaba ..
Tithe card!!! Smh for this church. Op you have to take a decision fast o.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by italo: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2013
May the Lord have mercy!

Amen.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Gombs(m): 10:20am On Nov 10, 2013

No mind them...priest don turn pastor....later Chukwudi44 go say catholics dont preach tithing angry

Wait till Christembassey, Kunle, Goshen et al find this thread....it will get to page 10 with gist that have been treated in past 1000 threads. ?.recycling questions and finally, they will insult u, ur church, the Pastors jets, suits, cars, and all they can fathom...forgetting the Op said PRIEST..

Wait for it
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by LordHaveMercy: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2013
Bidam: The private jet crews will soon be here.You've indeed stirred the hornet nest.grin

A kettle calling the pot...
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by italo: 10:34am On Nov 10, 2013
@OP,

Pls clarify, na Catholic Church or not?
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Iceman296: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2013
Is tithe Paying now Compulsory? I don't get it. Does God Seek Money From us For Salvation?? I'm Confused.

What's the Correlation between Wedding and Tithe?? I thought tithe were Personal Agreement between an individual and His God.

OP Look for another Church Abeg or Better still go and wed in a Court!
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by Iceman296: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2013
italo: @OP,

Pls clarify, na Catholic Church or not?
No Catholic Church Keeps record of Tithe Payment.
Re: My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church by italo: 10:40am On Nov 10, 2013
Iceman296:
No Catholic Church Keeps record of Tithe Payment.

Of course I know.

I just want him to clarify for some people here:

Acidosis and Gombs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Roman-catholics Like This / Are Burial Ceremonies Bible-Based Or Pagan? / Atheists and Traditionalists Come In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.