Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Service Year In Yorubaland. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Service Year In Yorubaland. (19207 Views)

Extra year in secondary secondary school / Nysc Service - Year,last Time To Be Irresposible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
5 don nack oo
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Shawnmayor: 5 don nack oo

little more time abeg, i just finish cook now, and light no dey since, little time
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
As i reached the dining hall, hungry corpers were already there en masse collecting food,
the queue was two, but the two lines extended even beyond the entrance.
''are you the last person? I asked a guy standing at the rear of one of the lines,
''yeah'' he simply answered,
''i dey your back'' i told, he nodded in affirmation.
I went and sat on the window of the dinning hall and watched as my turn keep drawing near,
as i glanced at the plates of those that has collected
i noticed that it was eba with egusi soup that was cooked, and the surface was okay by my evaluation.
Quicker than i expected my turn got very close, I went and rejoined the queue,
a camp official collected my meal ticket and ticked on the space provided for the evening meal of that day,
I then proceeded to the sharing table handed over my food flask to the woman sharing, and she put my own food for me.
Outside the hall, there were women,girls and children, yelling,
buy pure water!
Kopa buy fish!
Buy bread!
Kopa com buy banana! Make i bring mineral!
Their attention is always focused most on those coming out freshly from the dining hall,
i ignored them, and walked straight to my room.

At my room, when I opened the food and discovered that although the quality food was moderately okay and exceeded my expectation, but the ratio of eba to soup is approximately 3:1. I was unlucky to get a fish head.
So i just ate the amount the soup was able to carry, threw away the remaining eba, washed my flask at the tap, dropped it in my cupboard and headed straight to mami market to supplement the little food I juste ate, caused by the inadequacy in the amount of the soup.

At the mami market i went to where food vendors were camped, with each of their shops carry a bold trademark name in front of it, most of them were beaconing at me to come and patronize them, but i spot a name,
'MAMA EBUKA'
So i presumed that the owner must be an Igbo woman, so i entered the shop,
I didn't chose the shop due to sheer tribalism, just that i hardly enjoy other tribes' delicacies.
I requested for a plate of eba and soup,so as to be uniform, since i had earlier eaten eba.
"which soup? One of the girls attending to people asked me,
I replied her thus:
"kedu ofe unu nwe? I buro di onye Ibo?
Meaning: which soup do you people have? Are you not an igbo person?
Eeee abum onye igbo, She answered with a yoruba adulterated tone.
Meaning: yes i am an igbo person.
She then continued,
Onugbu diya, Ora diya, egusi diya,vegetable diya,
meaning: there is bitterleaf soup,ora soup,egusi soup and vegetable soup.
I told her to mix bitterleaf and egusi soup for me.
I demanded for one bottle of Ooompa! (hero beer).
But was told that they dont know any brand of beer called Ooompa!.
Dissapointedly i settled for star a.k.a. kpakpando! In Ibo casual way.
Ooompa! is my new favourite brand of beer. Previously it was heineken.
But mama ebuka restaurant had no heineken at that moment.

After eating the food, i gradually finished the star, paid and was heading towards my hostel when i bumped into Dan, one of my classmates posted to ekiti.
'Chicharito ototo nwa!
He hailed!
'Dan the dan! I hailed back.
So na wen you ball in na? I asked him,
na just this evening oo, i even see you with one babe like that, na ur new catch be that?
Meen chicharito you na bad boy ooo, camp never too open sef, you don corner babe already! He said
'eeh! You see us?
' yes na i see una,
'no be wetin you think oo, me just meet the babe today,
she dey my platoon. We just know on a casual basis. I refuted his claim,
'Ok ooo, so na where u dey enter now?
'I just go eat for mami, i dey go back my hostel to go sleep today hectic for me.
'Ok na, we go de see na.
That na my hostel, i said pointing toward my hostel.

Dan walked towards mami, while i retired to my room.
I dressed my bed, slipped into it and started recalling the day's activities.
As i was lying on my bed Ogechi called me to ask about the happenings in camp, i gave her a detailed situation report.
she again restated that she will be leaving lagos for the camp the next day. i wondered what she is even doing at home.
As i was about sleeping off, i remembered that i collected a Jamb runs from someone, of which i have not registered.
And the deadline is on saturday, and that day was tuesday.
The problem is how i will be able to beat the security and leave the camp to register the jamb,
and the exam proper is on our last saturday in the camp.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Bensonn: 7:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Following,
nice piece.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Dominionng(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
Shawnmayor: 5 don nack oo

*rolling to Rwanda* Laffin ma ass off!
Absolutely humorous.

*grabs another bowl of popcorn* •Ama trade zobo for popcorn Januzaj! Biko, corn don cost. tongue grin grin
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Bensonn: 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dominionng:

*rolling to Rwanda* Laffin ma ass off!
Absolutely humorous.

*grabs another bowl of popcorn* •Ama trade zobo for popcorn Januzaj! Biko, corn don cost. tongue grin grin

this guy is funny
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 11:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
It was not even up 4am, i started hearing voices from different directions,
sounds of people opening their cupboards,
people bathing, people fetching water from the tap, and general noise from even people dragging their feet.
Safe under the cover of my blanket, i grumbled within myself,
'is this not 4am for God's sake?
Around 3:30-5:30am is the time which i enjoy sleep the most,
and by that time, i do not tolerate any form of disturbance. So those sound I'm hearing that time is already pissing me off.
As voices and sounds increased with time i raise my head, and saw through my transparent mosquitoe net that people were already getting ready for the day.
That was when authority, back from taking his bathe, tapped me and asked,
'chicharito you no go stand up go prepare for morning assembly?
'wen de thing de start sef?
I asked,
' na by 5 na, abi you no see am for your camp time-table?
'See as you just lie down de sleep, like say nothing concern you. No allow make those soldiers meet you for hia wen dey ring biggle oo.
Authority said searching for something in his bag.
At this time, i realised its no longer business as ussual for me, normal me will wake up by 7am or even 8am, 'ceteris paribus'.

I sluggishly jumped down from my bed, took my bathing items and set out to bath.
When i got to the tap, that was when i saw reasons with those who woke up earlier,
the tap was up to 6 or thereabout, but the queue was much and the tap was rushing very slowly.
It was already about 4:15am, if i say i should wait for my turn, obviously i wont beat the 5am mark,
And i dont want to get involved with those fiercely looking sodiers, i stood there dejectedly, thinking of what next to do, suddenly i remembered a trick we used back in school, during my first year when i stayed in the hostel.
I went and brought out my food flask and the plate which I buoght that morning, together with an empty biggest size bottled-water container, which belongs to authority. I took my bucket to our hostel,
then returned to the tap, took the empty bottled water container to one of the taps and confidently filled it to the brim, went inside and turned it into my bucket, then i went to another tap, pretended as if i wanted to rinse my flask,
and filled it with water,
went inside and also turned it into my bucket,
i did the same with the plate, but in another tap. I repeated the trick again, this time around, in a different order.
That was how i got bathing water that morning.

In record a time, i was already in my all-white,
infact there was even time for me to do some 2going before suddenly, the biggle rang,
people started rushing outside, others were putting finishing touches to their preparation,
shortly, we heard a voice yelling outside,
'' all of you otondos come out from that room!
'' if you are still in that room, you are wrong!
'' if i get you for that room, your own own don done!
That was the voice of a soldier, as i heard the voice, i rushed out, walked passed the soldier, and straight to the front of pavillion, where the morning assembly will be held.
As i got to the assembly ground, sergent Gabriel yelled, platoon 4 come over here and line up in 4s!

That was how other soldiers did in their respective platoons.
'stand at attention!
'stand at ease!
'attention! Squad one! Two!
'stand at ease!
That was Aboy dishing out that military command, this is to obtain an organised straight line.
As more people joined the line, Aboy called out again,
'as you were! The way he pronounced it, you will think that he is saying something like "aziwaya". I guess that was where the name "AJUWAYA" was coined from.
Aboy continued,
stand at ease!
Attention!
Stand at attention! Squad one! Two!
After much military gingering,
we settled down for the morning adress by the camp director.
Pastor(Mrs.) Williams. She first requested for the presence of a volunteer christian and a moslem, for the morning prayers,
after the prayers, she welcomed us to the camp,
She then read out the camp rules and regulations for us, and charged us to obey them, as any defaulter will, be thrown into the guard room.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MightyFortress: 2:00am On Nov 12, 2013
Good one. Take these observations.
1. Its bugle, not biggle.
2. I had time to chat on 2go, not I "did" some 2going.
Thats all 4 now.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Dominionng(m): 8:14am On Nov 12, 2013
Mighty Fortress: Good one. Take these observations.
Thats all 4 now.

Keep the chin up when it's necessary Papi. It's the secret of good living.
'2going' was meant to be humorous. Meeshun Accompleased *InFunkeAkindele'sVoice* How about that, or you wanna correct that as well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mighty Fortress: Good one. Take these observations.
Thats all 4 now.

thank my oga, ihave taken correction.

Pls nepa just lock-up for our side since yesterday, my fone dey down, i just charge am now with get, will update soon
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
After the address and encouragement cum, scolding by that 'shakara' woman, called camp director,
we were told to gather one corner for platoon meeting. A fair complexioned man, Mr. Ajimobi, introduced himself as our platoon inspector. He repeated almost everything the camp director had said during the early morning assembly, but in a more casual
and homely manner. He told us that we will pay a token of N100 each, as our platoon dues.
He said that there will be an election during our next meeting for the position of platoon executives.
And that if we have any problem or confused about anything, that we should not hesitate to let him know, he called out his phone number for us, which I didn't bother to take down.
That was the highlight of the meeting.

As everyone was dispersing, i looked around in search of chika,
suddenly i saw her chatting with a girl, so i went to meet them, they seem to know each other prior to the camp.
The girl stretched her hand and gave me a warm hand shake,
so do Chika (habatically for Dis babe! not even a 90 degree hug?), introducing us to each other,
'brown, this my friend (her name), which i didn't remember after that moment, the girl is clearly not beautiful.
' this is brown,
she said to her friend, as we exchanged handshake once more.
Then they left, chika promising to call me later in the day.
I noticed from Chika's body language, that the enthusiasm she had towards me the previous day we met, has already been diluted as at that morning.

Meanwhile, it had been announced
during the early morning assembly, that members of the flagbearers and quater guard parade groups, will be meeting at their respective training arena, after breakfast.

The breakfast for that morning was bread and tea. The size of the bread was okay, but the tea can convieniently qualify for coloured a water.
After collecting my own bread and tea, the ussual petty advertisement that ussually beseeech those who just freshly collected their food, resumed just at the exit of the dining hall,
but this time around it was,
'buy bread!
'buy bournvita!
'buy milo!
'buy butter!
'buy milk!
'buy suger!
The product on show that morning perfectly correlated with the breakfast, as if they were already aware of menu for the day.
I bought 2 sachets of cowbell chocholate and sugar,
this is to give my tea a respectable look.
Shortly after the tea party, i became pressed,
but to use the male hostel toilet is out of it,
that place is an eye sore, so i had to resort to my landmark bush method.

There was a very large bush, just behind the NACC(National Association of Catholic Corpers) and NCCF(Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship) sanctuaries. Instead of some people to go further into the bush to shit, but they prefer to do it just after the sanctuary, NACC sanctuary was the most hit.
There was even a notice boldly written on the wall of the NACC sanctuary which says:
"fear God, please do not mess up the house of God"
but it had little or no effect.
I went further and deeper into the bush, there inside the bush, i began to think on how to leave the camp to register my Jamb 'runs'
and subsequently also leave the camp for the exam proper, that of the registeration, i just have to come up with something before saturday dateline.
Should i jump the camp fence? Hmmn, if they catch me, i sure will be a 'gonna' with the security situation of the country at that time. But i just have to come up with something urgently.

I and sisco, had arranged that i will write both the Jamb and post-ume for him, we settled for 40k, a meagre sum for a top runs man like me.
But i just needed money at the time i collected the runs, and it was for Microbiology, the required score for the course will be a dead-rubber walkover for me, with an average score of 220, one should be home and dry for admission in my school.
So for smooth operation, both I and sisco will register for the jamb independenttly, but towards the dateline, so that the two of us will be at the same centre and hall, then write almost the same thing to enable us be in the same hall during the post-ume exams, during the exam(post-ume), i will write his own exam number, while he will write mine, or even will not write anything, so when the result comes out, the one bearing his name will have a high score.
That was the arrangement, but this my NYSC is making everything difficult. And i have already collected money for the registeration of the two exams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by ifyeky(m): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pls wats ur meaning of RCM? Coz d one I knw is RSM meaning Regiment Sergent Major. If dats wat u meant, pls take d necessary corrections

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Few minutes before 9am, i was already at the parade ground for the flagbearers practice.
Gerald is the name of the soldier who was in charge of training us, he is a very friendly,less vulgar and crude person, unlike most of his colleagues.
And that endeared him to the hearts of the flagbearers.
I was chosen to be among those that will represent the geopolitical zones.
I am to represent and sign on behalf of southeast geopolitical zone before the attorney-general of the state, during the next day's event.
Our names were taken down, as well as our state of origin, institution attended, course studied and ofcourse the region were are to represent. So that when we will be marching out to meet the attorney-general,
those our information will be read out to everybody's hearing, by the camp's chief media and publicity secretary, Mrs. Olufunso Olusoji(real name).
Most of us were jostling for this role of geopolitical zone representation, basically to stand a good chance of bieng posted to Ado-ekiti the state capital, for our PPA(place of primary assignment).
It has been the general belief, that active participation in camp activities will earn one, a favourable posting, especially to Ado-ekiti.
So after that morning reharsal, seven of us were ear-marked to represent the following geo-political zones:
south-south,
south-west,
north-central,
south-east,
north-west,
north-east and the FCT.
When we dismissed the reharsal, i went to the mami market to refill my stomach, that bread and tea that i took in the morning
to me is no food. And considering that i just had a parade practice, there is the need for refilling.
Just after launch.of jollof rice and chicken(small part oo),
i was chatting on 2go, when it struck me to just approach the camp director and tell her that i want to go and withdraw money on friday or saturday.
I summoned courage and went to her office,
after i greeted her, she asked me what she can do for me.
'I want to go out on friday or saturday, to withdraw money, I told her brandishing my Diamond bank ATM card,
'don't you know the procedure? She asked,
'no Ma, i do not know. I replied.
Go and meet the camp officials outside, in front of OBS to guide you. She said absent-mindedly.
''chai! This woman shakara too much sef'' i said within me.
I went to the camp-officials in front of OBS, to enquire about the exit procedure,
i was told to write an application letter,addressing it to the camp director. Stating the reason for my exit, the time for my exit and also my return time.
Again, i was required to get an identification letter from my platoon inspector. So i now need the number of platoon inspector, which i refused to take down initially,
Look at how easy this thing is, and i was even preparing to jump the fence. Due-process has never been my way anyway.
I went into my room and did little Jamb reharsal, then slept off shortly afterwards, to wake up just some few minutes before 4pm, freshened up and off to the final flagbearers reharsal.
That evenings reharsal involved everyone, infact the bugle was sounded for the practice, with everyone both the quarter guard, general parade commander, the flagberers, and the other normal corps members, arranged in the respective positions they will be, during the swearing-in ceremony the next day.
Everything went as planned. The bugle for salute the Nation Nigeria, sounded exactly at 6pm, then the practice continued till will finally dismissed.
The dinner was eba and draw soup, so i did not even near the dining, even at home draw soup is my greatest enemy, talk less of in public.
I went to mama Ebuka's place and took semo and ora soup, garnished with a bottle of heineken.
I sat at the pavillion browsing with my phone, waiting for an outstanding match between Arsenal and Newcastle at Emirate stadium, the match will be shown with a projector on a white surface in front of OBS.
Suddenly, ogechi called me on phone,
where you dey? I dey camp now, She asked and said,
come pavillion, I replied.
She quickly cut the call as if the call is for N200/sec.
Shortly ogechi arrived the pavillion and immediately gave me a hillarious 360 degrees hug, I gladly encircled her, the way phagocytes engulf antigens.
'Wetin you dey do for house sef? I asked her,
'no mind me jare, she replied.

i com around 5, na now i just dey finish my registration, i don even get hostel sef.
She said pointing at the female hostel just behind the pavillion.
After a long conversation, she retired to her room, while i went for the Arsenal match.
Ogechi is a young paragon of beauty, but i cant just date her because we are already heavily stuck in the 'friends zone'

After the first-half of the match, with Van Persie already giving Arsenal the lead, the camp director ordered that the match should be put off. Since its already time for light out. Dissapointedly we went to bed. So we will watch just the 1st half of next week's crunch Champions league match between Chelsea and Napoli, Too bad!
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
The highlight of the ceremony were the oath taking and the pledge of allegiance to serve the country,
this was done by the attorney-general.
Those of us representing geopolotical zones singed, to seal the deal.
The deputy governor left immediately after the swearing-in formalities, and gradually other dignitaries left.
Photographers were making brisk business, i took a photograph with Ogechi, and some of my flagbearer members, and then everybody dispersed.

The rest of the day was uneventful, as everyone was in a party mood. So i went to Ayo collected my phones from him, went to my room and slept off.

The dinner was beans and bread, i don't eat beans cooked for public consumption, so i went to mami market, i sighted Dan sitting with one other guy and two girls, sitting in one of the joints, on their table, there were some bottles of star and smirnhof ice. Dan that called out on me,
Chicharito my man! Where you dey sinc!
I went immediately and joined the table.
One of the ladies sitting there is Dan's camp babe,
she graduated from Federal Polytechnic Offa. Dan introduced me to his friends, both the male and female.
I managed star, so as to be in uniform, because Dan will be footing the bills, so i don't to go higher than him.
We remained there chatting till the buggle sounded for lights out.
As we were about leaving, Dan told me that, it will be good if we class mates come together and spend a time together the next day evening, i accepted wholeheartedly,
he promise to inform Ogechi, Japhet and ogochukwu about it. That was when i knew that ogochukwu was in that camp,
ogochukwu is a 'churchy-churchy' girl, who lives a primitive lifestyle, i don't relate well with her, i barely even talk to her during our school days.
The next morning, after the morning assembly and platoon meetings,
we were told that we will be going for early morning jugging. We matched out the gate in
fours and started jugging towards Orun-ekiti. Amin, the man'O'war
man assigned to our platoon led the jugging excercise for our own platoon, with some songs like:

'dey go born mumu! (2x)
'if kopa marry kopa!
'dey go born mumu!

Then this one:

'eeehh...eeeh! Yawa go dey!
'eeeeh...eeeeh! Yawa go gas!
'if allowee no com yawa go dey!
'If allowee no com yawa go gas!

Another one was:

'na so so kerewa kopa sabi oo!
'na so so kerewa kopa sabi!
'Eeeeh! dey go kerewa taya' (2x)
' hey! hey! Hey! Dey go kerewa taya!
' na so so kerewa kopa sabi!

We didn't go far, due to the security situation at that time. We just went beyond Orun grammer school, If not we would have reached at least Ise/Orun LGA secretariat junction.
When we were coming back, still singing and jugging, as we approached the gate,
Amin told us that once we reach the camp gate, where several policemen/women were standing, that we should change the song and loudly sing thus:

' na so so 'roja' police sabi oo!
'na so so 'roja' police sabi!
' eeeeh! Dey go roja taya! (2x)
'hey! hey! hey! Dey go roja taya!
'na so so 'roja' police sabi!

As we reached the gate, we joyfully and loudly did as Amin instructed us to do. The policemen/women just lauched at our sarcasism.
After the jugging, i was thinking that we will just retire to out rooms to wait for breakfast, but no, we were still subjected to some fitness training. Honestly this is too stressful,
so i thought to myself that i have to look for a way to dodge some of these grueling fitness exercises.

After breakfast, i went to join some guys playing 'monkey post' close to the famous big canopy(anybody that served in Ekiti, will know where i am talking about). It has been long since i last played football, up to like one year, so i doubted my fitness and felt that i will be greatly training/match rusty.
But surprisingly i did well, my ball control, first touch and passing accurary were still quite impressive, the only aspect i have to work on is my shooting, i lacked sharpness in that area.
So that showed my readiness for the inter-platoon football competion.
My strong abilities in football are:
-excellent first touch
-dangerous long and short pass
-good ball control and
-and great finishing skills, i hardly miss when one-on-one with a goalkeeper or around the 18-yard box.
So i play just behind the top striker. My negatives are that i lack strenght,stamina and pace.
My playing style is very similar to that of Shinji Kagawa.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
At my room, those my roommates were very funny,
they keep talking funny jokes and proverbs that my eyes defied sleep as long as the hillarious jokes continued.
Chika did not call me as she promised,
'is it that this girl is gradually withdrawing from me? I asked myself.
But in any case, i will stop bothering about her self, afterall Omelogo is still there in school, and she begged me to remain faithful, and never to join the flirts in camp to mess around.
But i wasn't worried about Chika because i was realy dieing to date her,
I was just wondering about her sudden cold behaviour,
was it because i refuse to attempt to pay for her purchases that first day we met? I asked within myself.
'If dat one na her reason, she don enter one chance be that.
I said in a very low tone soliloquay.
And slept off.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
I glanced at my watch, and it was 3:50am. So not to be caught off guard that morning, i woke up, took my bucket and went to the tap to fetch my bathing water. The queue was not long, so i patiently waited for my turn.

The usaul parade commands, prayers, and address by the soldiers, two christian/muslim volunteers and the camp-director respectively, took place at their stipulated times. We had a very short platooon meeting. Our platoon inspector warned us to be of good behaviour, as the Governor, the state cordinator and other dignitaries will be visiting that day. We were told to return to our hostels and prepare for the swearing-in ceremony, which is to commence by 9am.
We are expected to wear or khaki trousers and crested vest, and ofcourse our cap.

As i was about going to Ayo's shop to give him my phones, someone swiftly covered my two eyes with his/her hands from behind. I was trying hard to guess but couldnt decipher who was that, suddenly the person let off both hands from me,
when i turned, it was Ogechi laughing charmingly at me.
Me: i know say e go be you.

(but of a truth i thought it was chika,'that one sef no even send me again').

Ogechi: So you dey my platoon (smiling).

Me: Na platoon 4 you u dey?
'Yes na,

Me: Wow! naim i no see you?
everywia still dey dark sha,

Ogechi: yes, but i see you, i no wan call you, make those soldier ppl no break my head

Me: you too follow de fear this soldier ppl?
Ogechi: see you, no be me dem go see oo, i follow de fear dem oo.

We chatted extensively as she accompanied me to Ayo shop, and and i also led her to her hostel, to prepare for the the swearing-in.

By 9am, everybody was already dressed in khaki trousers, crested vest and jungle boots. Everyone positioned accordingly.
The military men, dressed in their full millitary regalia.
As we await the governor and the attorney-general, other dignitaries were being intoduced to the high Table,
zonal inspectors, zonal cordinators top camp officials, etc. Were all recognised.
the camp commandant Captain J.F. London was also acknowleded.
Shortly the state co-ordinator Baba-Ahmed NT. arrived, then in came the Chairman of Ifelodun/Irepodun LGA. Then the attorney-general later came.
Just few minutes pass 10am. the then Deputy Governor of Ekiti state,
Mrs. Funmilayo Olayinka Adunni (May her soul rest in peace). Arrived with fun fare from cultural dancers,several camp officials and every other person around.
She is an elegant and pretty fair complexioned woman.
At the arrival of the deputy governor, everyone took positions immediately and the ceremony commenced in ernest.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by MrJanuzaj: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pls peeps i made a mistake, the post with ''ernest'' as the last word comes before the one with ''kagawa'' as the last word, forgive my carelessness, i am new to nairaland. Mods is there anyway i can rearrange it. Please to cancel one of the posts and rewritting it will be cruel, i did not write down what i was posting,so will never replicate the same thing. i was just remembring and writing, and each post takes me more than 3hrs to compose and post. Pls any help! Peepes and mods?
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
^ There is a button which is the Modify button under your post. click on it and edit what you want to edit
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Bensonn: 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
shawnmayour: ^ There is a button which is the Modify button under your post. click on it and edit what you want to edit

i think what he mean, is to change the position of the two post
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
You must continue
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by debuscket(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2017
Kyri:
You must continue
JIMBAZ, UNN.......I was there
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by debuscket(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2017
Kyri:
You must continue
Ur faculty is biological sciences JIMBAZ, UNN.......I was there. Ride on
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 02, 2017
2013 thread on FP! Wawuu

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Ermacc: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2017
very old thread
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Malayy(m): 8:31am On Oct 02, 2017
wetin do op? Op dön die?
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by obojememe: 8:39am On Oct 02, 2017
I can't read all this ...if i can ,I should have graduated with a 1st class

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Funjosh(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2017
I was thinking it was your service year in one village in Yoruba Land not know you will be talking about your camp life tongue
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Scholar212(m): 8:59am On Oct 02, 2017
All these nairaland mods are high on pawpaw leaves this morning. A story that OP abandon since 2013 is been brought to front-page in 2017 undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by ikemesit4477: 9:16am On Oct 02, 2017
MrJanuzaj:
¤THE BEGGINING¤
I was with my best friends back in school, a very popular 5-man clique at that time in our class. We were watching an English premier league match between Man U and Tottenham hotspurs, just few minutes after Ashley Young has extended Man united's lead, the jublition has died down when my phone rang, it was Adaku on the line, she told me amidst a noisy background both from the viewing centre and her location of calling, she told me that the faculty officer has started giving out call-up letters, i was surprised because that was on a Saturday. We have already concluded within ourselves that the letters will be given on monday, but our considerate faculty officer has to do it during the weekend to enable those posted to far distance to make adequate preparations, now thats what i call service! I abandoned the match immediately, although my club is leading a possible 'Top Four' club 2-0 away. Honestly i have rarely seen anything that will realy make me abandon a Man united top-of-th-table match, but this information from Adaku did. Me and my cliqued friends raced home freshened up and headed to our faculty biulding. J*M*A*(who can crack the puzzle?). On reaching there, we saw a multitude already queued up waiting their call-up letters, some, expecially girls were rejoicing, these are those posted to Lagos,crossriver,Rivers,Abuja,Ogun,delta,akwaibom, and Imo(as it was rumoured that Rochas pays 20k state allowee) etc. Others were either stone-faced or clearly shedding tears, these are those posted to Zamfara,bornu,yobe,sokoto,jigawa,katsina,kebbi etc. We offered them little words of encouragement, assuring them that God will be with them(although within us we detest those states).
As the anxiety was high we joined the long queue. Adaku came and gave me a huge hug, we call that type of hug '360 degree', this is because since we defended our project we have not seen each other, not as if i am even eager to see her. The normal hailings and huggings(various degrees depending on how closed one is to the babe) by others followed. Gradually our turn reached, the first of us that went, was awarded Zamfara! He was the only person amongst us that worked his own, he wanted lagos, but now its clear that he has been ''mugued''. The rest of us got a not too atractive, but a peaceful states at least. When my call-up letter was given to me, I discovered that i was posted to EKITI state. That was where my journey to yorubaland began.
When i got home i browsed the Man U match, it ended 3-1 in favour of my beloved Red Devils. I wasn't so excited about Ekiti, i wasn't sad anyway. So i and my friends started our preparations to head to camp. Emeka was posted to zamfara, Ikemefuna to Kwara, Emma to Ogun, and the Jerry to Bayelsa.
The next day was Sunday and Adaku wanted to visit me to see before a one year marathon. Now Adaku is not my girlfriend, as many would have thought, we were close during our first year, all of a sudden she began to feel as if she is doing me a favour by agreeing to date me, she did not say it, but it was written boldly through her body language. So i distanced myself from her a little, when she realised the space i gave her she, she began to flock around me like a bee on a hive, but i dont give girls second chance, although we were still friends but it was clear to her i was no longer interested in her. But she never gave up, but i have made my decision. Meanwhile my girlfriend then Omelogo, in 300-L the same dept. is about to visit me, so adaku has to make her visit brief, before the arrival of the 'chosen one' (no be Moyes ooo). So after seeing the both women, in a mutually exclusive strategy that sunday. On monday morning i left for Ekiti state orientation camp at Ise-emure-orun.Via Onitsha. I couldnt go from home because my parents live in the north.
TO BE CONTINUED!!!!
To God be the Glory, I was also serving in the same state, probably you were batch A while I was Ek/13b , we participated in fayose and fayemi election before we go finally, and we were last set that collected 50k as state allawee, when fayose came into power he stop paying state alawee, I didn't no i will go back to Ekiti again, but after one year after our passing out I got a job there, then I have to relocate back, which am there till these moment!

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Partnerbiz3: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2017
What brought this thread here now?

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Antoniosmile: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2017
Malayy:
wetin do op? Op dön die?
This one weak me
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by twilliamx(m): 9:31am On Oct 02, 2017
ikemesit4477:
To God be the Glory, I was also serving in the same state, probably you were batch A while I was Ek/13b , we participated in fayose and fayemi election before we go finally, and we were last set that collected 50k as state allawee, when fayose came into power he stop paying state alawee, I didn't no i will go back to Ekiti again, but after one year after our passing out I got a job there, then I have to relocate back, which am there till these moment!

Where are you from and hope you are enjoying the state.
Re: My Service Year In Yorubaland. by Malayy(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2017
Antoniosmile:

This one weak me
no be small thing. I don graduate sef, do IT since. And op never continue em story

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / ****Hannah / A Nairalander Poses With Obaseki As Governor Endorses His Book (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.