Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,763 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:40 AM

Nysc Service - Year,last Time To Be Irresposible? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nysc Service - Year,last Time To Be Irresposible? (1164 Views)

It Is Time To Go Home - A Narrative By Flyca / My Service Year In Yorubaland. / I Wish I Have Enough Time To Read You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Service - Year,last Time To Be Irresposible? by lilian777(f): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2007
I remember the day i was to go to my NYSC Orientation Camp,an uncle and the wife told me to come and see them before i leave.I did that early in the morning before i left.They sat me down and after small talks pregnant with meaning,my aunt saw me to the door.While i was exchanging good byes with them my aunt whispered aloud,"This is your last time to be irresponsible!."

Did i understand what she meant by that?Not at all! I thought she mearnt  "The games people play in Camp and throughout Service Year." As time went by ,after service year,I found myself responsible for many decisions i make,actions i take ,bills and every ills.Today, i work and take care of my stuff with little assistance from family(that is, if they want o!). Could this have been what she meant or did she just mean i could play for one year afterwhich , whatever!

I look at the new Corps Members now and i wonder if they know that they don't  even have time to be irresponsible,  nobody does or should.Hence,i can't help darting my mind to that very morning and that pregnant piece of advice.What do ya'll think one should do with that one year?
Re: Nysc Service - Year,last Time To Be Irresposible? by gorociano: 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2007
i agree with you to some certain extent, i'm presently serving with a bank in lagos, finishing february so i'm fresh, and i think it's really the last chance to be irresponsible, that is for those who deep down are irresponsible but societal norms and pressures make them conform, so they have there last fun during NYS-SHit year, before people bug them with marriage, good job et al

for people like moi who are basicallly irresponsible grin and who dont give a shit, it's our last chance to be responsible, wink shocked

(1) (Reply)

If You Know You Can Write 100% With A Good English Contact Me. / The Best Poem You Have Ever Read / Young Writers Start New Chapter In Nigeria's Literary History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.