Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC (10058 Views)

Unilorin Set To Use Drones For Exam Monitoring And Surveillance / Lagos City Polytechnic Lecturers Arrested For Exam Malpractice / ICPC Rescued Female Student Who Had Spent 12 Years On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by nerodenero: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2013
In summary,make teaching and learning attractive, upgrade the infrastructure and provide basic amenities for teaching.By so doing,you would have provided a conducive teaching and learning environment.After this,anyone found committing malpractice can now face the full wrath of the law.
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by mmalik(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2013
How many years jail term for corruption pig heads
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 10, 2013
Good obsevation sir! All lead to govt failure to boost educational sector. Shame on naija govt.
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by eunisam: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2013
Honestly,the man has unbrindle point in this article.5years jail is too much for a primary or secondary school student.it is unfair if a jovenile is jail for exam malpratice related issues.fighting curruption from the grassroot is not starting from 5years imprisonment for exam cheater.what is exam cheating? Who didnt cheat in school once should raise his finger up.if we want to fight corruption from the grassroot,we know where to start! My point is not that exam malpratice is good but the punishment is extremly unfair.
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by Gwekzy: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2013
businessguru: I have a verified paypal acct it was verified by a
freelancer with an iceland bank acct!
I want to sell it to an interested person comes with
a dedicated ip price $50!I have used it for 3 months
now!if interested contact me on phone check my
signature price $50 not negotiable!!
. U ll soon be arrested

1 Like

Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by slyk2(m): 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
ayodeji752: Dis man is very right. Most of d students in community schls go to farm before going to schl in d morning and also return to farm after schl. U wanna compare dat student with d one dat live in Victoria island and schl in kings' college?

Did any body 'sentence' them to a community school?
If their parents could foot the bill for exam malpractice, then they would have paid their way through good schools.
Guy, people pay as much as 80k for WAEC & GCE exam runs.
We should wake up and do the right thing. grin undecided cool cry cry cry cry
If they use expo to write WAEC, what will they use when writing their degree exams?
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by bookface: 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
speedyboi: I actually think 5years is short. Why do we like excuses in this country? "They were not provided with basic learning whatever".....so they should cheat? People wey dey pass without cheating get double heads? They should put down whatever they know........Encouraging malpractices will only make students more lazy! And these icpc people are fighting corruption oooo..,yet they spew this nonsense.

Okay na....shebi name only TOEFL dem cancel for Naija? E go surprise una when foreign institutions refuse to accept any exam (waec, neco etc) written in Nigeria! Then another Id/ot go come talk sey na politicians cause am.

What is bad is bad! icpc is such a disappointment

u mad bro?

Show me which "sensible" countries criminalizes exam malpractices so much so that it attracts even a year jail term?

Jails are for criminals - kidnappers, robbers, terrorists, and office looters - not kids whose lives can actually be transformed if given the right opportunity! -

A student who gets sent to jail for cheating on WAEC will most likely come out of jail and become completely useless to the society for the rest of his/her life. - who loses? Well, with your shallow mind, you might think the student does, but smart thinkers will realize that the society actually does! If every student that spends time in the pen comes out to be the thug that terrorizes thousands of people, the multiplier effect will be more dangerous than what you or your fellow shallow minded lawmakers could have thought.

A better way of deterring malpractice will be to void the candidate's exam papers and then ban them from taking that exam for 2 years. Also, the state must invest in "smart" test centres and structure more effective policies that will prevent questions from "leaking" prior to exam day.

1 Like

Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by johnsonjosbles(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
van-helsing2099:
Whatees deesss rubbishees doinin on frontpageeeeee

Only d person dat want to kick d bucket shld quote and un-quote me frm ur post. It suggestd dat u r an animal. Goat

Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by 3nairalandcom: 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
This guy speak like a true Muslim.How will expect a deaf,dump and blind man to know his birth name?Jonathan na olodo
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
bookface:

u mad bro?

Show me which "sensible" countries criminalizes exam malpractices so much so that it attracts even a year jail term?

Jails are for criminals - kidnappers, robbers, terrorists, and office looters - not kids whose lives can actually be transformed if given the right opportunity! -

A student who gets sent to jail for cheating on WAEC will most likely come out of jail and become completely useless to the society for the rest of his/her life. - who loses? Well, with your shallow mind, you might think the student does, but smart thinkers will realize that the society actually does! If every student that spends time in the pen comes out to be the thug that terrorizes thousands of people, the multiplier effect will be more dangerous than what you or your fellow shallow minded lawmakers could have thought.

A better way of deterring malpractice will be to void the candidate's exam papers and then ban them from taking that exam for 2 years. Also, the state must invest in "smart" test centres and structure more effective policies that will prevent questions from "leaking" prior to exam day.
You are the dumb one here actually.......please don't make me prove it!

As per your 'which country criminalizes exam malpractices'.....you couldve just peeped into Google before coming here to display ignorance
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by bookface: 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
speedyboi:
You are the dumb one here actually.......please don't make me prove it!

As per your 'which country criminalizes exam malpractices'.....you couldve just peeped into Google before coming here to display ignorance

Why not prove how dumb I am? you dumbclat! please do, i beg you for the love of God, show me how dumb i am, and i might just go a little further to spill open your shallow intelligence!

Who in this age and time comes out with such bizarre idea anyway? Throw students in jail for 5 years for whispering in the exam hall? how stoopid!!! Yes it's wrong to cheat in exam halls and a punishment which serves as deterrent must be meted out .....but jail sentences must be reserved for the lowest scums of the society, not kids who may still have hopes for a greater future! .

Of course, i will be surprised if you understand this simple logic. Sorry, but you are simply not intelligent enough.

And i dare you to name one, just one sensible country where people go to jail for cheating in exams! go on, i dare you!

1 Like

Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
sonyjacobs: how many years jail term was given to DSP alamiesegha,bankole,bode george,ibori,oduah,maina,lucky igbinedion, patricia etteh,farouk e.t.c ?
Princess Oduah does not belong to this league..
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by Onyenna(m): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Shooo!
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by omodapson(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Only an exam cheat will reason along with ICPC. The body is such a joker! If you don't curb them now, they will cheat their ways into our lives and further destroy our society. Mstchew!
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by batehsyahooco: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Only common people suffer the rod of law in Nigeria, let them strictly started from looted leaders, then come to common citizen

1 Like

Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by Afolayan123: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Long storey...this law should also be sanction for political office.....
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by divads(m): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
I tink the 5 years jail penalty is to scare dem, bt on a more criouz note Nigerians poor education system is no reason y exam malpractice should be over looked, Thumps-up to both the 4mal Edu minister and GEJ 4 atleast looking into this issue... Mtcheewww, I knw most people re in support of dx....

Infact if possible let it be 10yrz, let me see who wunt choose to FAIL HAPPILY dan roting in jail, i knw if dat law remains for 5 more years, exam malpractice will be a histroy in Nigeria...
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by ghananotnaija(m): 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
A nation of shameless cheaters complaining about the penalties of cheating. LMFAO. Nigeria never fails to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by millinmax2(m): 12:11am On Nov 11, 2013
Its only in Nigeria they give 5 years jail penalty for exam Malpractice/cheats..My question is : what about this people looting our money every day n night,How many years term do we think they deserve ...Opinion please my fellow nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by crackhouse(m): 5:52am On Nov 11, 2013
they only make such laws when the majority turns out to be the common man, while criminals like them go Scot free after stealing millions/billions.
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by GoodBoi1(m): 8:00am On Nov 11, 2013
Five-year jail term for exam cheats is absurd. For those in support, what does "cheating" mean to you? How many people here never talked in exam halls? that's just number one... w srp
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by mimicue(f): 11:25am On Nov 11, 2013
My own opinion is there's nothing bad in punishing them when cheating... But they should please extend it to their fellow politicians and rich people when they steal too.. They should go to jail and not house arrest.. angry
Re: Five-year Jail Term For Exam Cheats Unfair — ICPC by tck2000(m): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2019
Shame

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: NUPENG Threatens Solidarity Action / world shortest man - picture / Shortlisted Candidates For NLNG SCHOLARSHIP Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.