Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents (1269 Views)

Inquiry For Justcool And M_nwankwo And Other Adherents Of The Grail Message / ''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke / For Grail Message Adherents And Whoever Cares To Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by tmtech: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2013
1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
2. Islam: 1.5 billion
3.Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
4. Hinduism: 900 million
5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
6. Buddhism: 376 million
7. primal-indigenous: 300 million
8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
9. Sikhism: 23 million
10. Juche: 19 million
11. Spiritism: 15 million
12. Judaism: 14 million
13. Baha'i: 7 million
14. Jainism: 4.2 million
15. Shinto: 4 million
16. Cao Dai: 4 million
17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million
20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
22. Scientology: 500 thousand

Source: http: http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by tmtech: 9:38am On Nov 10, 2013
So atheist plenty lyk dis
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by Caseless: 9:45am On Nov 10, 2013
This is so fake and 'crappy'!
How can they say islam have 1.5 billion adherents and christainity, 2.1 billion adherents? I jst de laff...
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by Caseless: 9:50am On Nov 10, 2013
tm-tech:
So atheist plenty lyk dis
mostly in europe and america; where christains claim they dominate. If u take dz number out, it is not possible for them to hav 2.1 billion adherents.
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by laughterclub(m): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2013
My blood! plz 4get numbers of followers which is worldly politics in d new world.self Godly salvation towards man n repentance of all d bad leaders in d world.religious is d problem 4 human,go count in animal world,am a Xtian i luv muslims,rastafar
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by Macelliot(m): 10:45am On Nov 10, 2013
caseless: This is so fake and 'crappy'!
How can they say islam have 1.5 billion adherents and christainity, 2.1 billion adherents? I jst de laff...
It's true. My atlas shows the same adherents.
Don't u know that Islam dominates middle East while Christians dominates Europe, South & North Americans, Australlia.
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by macof(m): 11:24am On Nov 10, 2013
ATR is more than 100million na
Yoruba alone takes that number, what about Hausa, Igbo, and other African spiritualities?
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by Caseless: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Macelliot:
It's true. My atlas shows the same adherents.
Don't u know that Islam dominates middle East while Christians dominates Europe, South & North Americans, Australlia.
we had d same argument with one of friends last time. The issue is, we shldn't throw our weight behind any 'armchair survey' conducted by an individual like this particular one. If u break it down well, u'd see what i mean. E.g, take asia, the most populous continent, with most populous nations(china and india). In china, islam is second after bhudism/chinese religion. In india , islam is also huge. Then, come to africa and u'd see that frm north to west africa, it is mostly islam-drawn. East africa, central africa etc, islam have significant presence here. I never talk of middle east first oo. America and europe whr u say belong to xtainity is whr most of the atheists of over 1 billion are. They are millions of muslim in europe too. So how xtainity take get 2.1 billion?
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by tmtech: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
caseless: we had d same argument with one of friends last time. The issue is, we shldn't throw our weight behind any 'armchair survey' conducted by an individual like this particular one. If u break it down well, u'd see what i mean. E.g, take asia, the most populous continent, with most populous nations(china and india). In china, islam is second after bhudism/chinese religion. In india , islam is also huge. Then, come to africa and u'd see that frm north to west africa, it is mostly islam-drawn. East africa, central africa etc, islam have significant presence here. I never talk of middle east first oo. America and europe whr u say belong to xtainity is whr most of the atheists of over 1 billion are. They are millions of muslim in europe too. So how xtainity take get 2.1 billion?
You maybe right,but don't forget that catholic alone claims over 1.3billion of the world's population
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by macof(m): 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
caseless: we had d same argument with one of friends last time. The issue is, we shldn't throw our weight behind any 'armchair survey' conducted by an individual like this particular one. If u break it down well, u'd see what i mean. E.g, take asia, the most populous continent, with most populous nations(china and india). In china, islam is second after bhudism/chinese religion. In india , islam is also huge. Then, come to africa and u'd see that frm north to west africa, it is mostly islam-drawn. East africa, central africa etc, islam have significant presence here. I never talk of middle east first oo. America and europe whr u say belong to xtainity is whr most of the atheists of over 1 billion are. They are millions of muslim in europe too. So how xtainity take get 2.1 billion?

Guy don't compare Islam with christianity abeg

Christianity is surely around that number.

And Buddhism isn't Chinese religion. It's just practiced widely in china

Hinduism is even more prevalent in India than Islam.

Islam only has mouth in from North Nigeria up to the middle east and with exception of Israel and India
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by Caseless: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
macof:

Guy don't compare Islam with christianity abeg

Christianity is surely around that number.

And Buddhism isn't Chinese religion. It's just practiced widely in china

Hinduism is even more prevalent in India than Islam.

Islam only has mouth in from North Nigeria up to the middle east and with exception of Israel and India
the words in bold gat me laffing.
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
caseless: the words in bold gat me laffing.
cos ur caseless? undecided lipsrsealed grin
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by onetrack(m): 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Most of the world's atheists aren't in Europe, they're in China; however, the number of atheist/agnostics/non-religious is rising rapidly all over the world (at least, where it is legal). Europe is now mostly non-religious, though many still claim a vague Christianity. The US at 20% non-religious is behind a ways but is starting to catch up. I suspect that Africa will be the last to give up religion, given the strong desire of many Africans to be led around on a leash by some religious leader.
Re: Major Religions Of The World Ranked By Number Of Adherents by Caseless: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
aManFromMars:
cos ur caseless? undecided lipsrsealed grin
cos he's ill-informed. Do u hav a case?

(1) (Reply)

Allah's Hell Is More Realistic Than Yahweh's Hell. / SERMON JOTTERS: Breaking The Covenant That Killeth / Miracle!!! God's Hand Suspends Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.