Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Comment On A Bad Experience/disappointment You've Had in a Nigerian Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Comment On A Bad Experience/disappointment You've Had in a Nigerian Airport (806 Views)

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comment On A Bad Experience/disappointment You've Had in a Nigerian Airport by alstacs(m): 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
The inefficiency of the domestic flights in Nigeria is no longer news. We have heard of flight delays without due information or compensation to the passengers where it is necessary.
Flights are cancelled without any consideration of the loss to the passengers. I know of people who go to board buses after such disappointments and still get to their destination before their booked flights.
The main reasons most times is operational reasons....... What does this mean really?
For how long are we going to continue to tolerate this?
Are we not entitled to any compensation following these failure to deliver services we have paid for?
Plus share your experiences.......
Re: Comment On A Bad Experience/disappointment You've Had in a Nigerian Airport by alstacs(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
I'm presently at the MM2 waiting to board Medview flight AAH2X1 to Abuja that was meant to depart by 12noon. After an initial delay that wasn't acknowledged or apologised for, Announcement now said the flight has been delayed for another 2 hours....... I have a meeting to attend at 3 and the person to pick me from the airport has been waiting since I checked in. Both of us are wasting away...
This is depressing....
Re: Comment On A Bad Experience/disappointment You've Had in a Nigerian Airport by alstacs(m): 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
alstacs: I'm presently at the MM2 waiting to board Medview flight AAH2X1 to Abuja that was meant to depart by 12noon. After an initial delay that wasn't acknowledged or apologised for, Announcement now said the flight has been delayed for another 2 hours....... I have a meeting to attend at 3 and the person to pick me from the airport has been waiting since I checked in. Both of us are wasting away...
This is depressing....
we just landed now after sitting at the airport since 9 am.
the management of Medview however served us lunch at the departure hall to compensate for the delay.
Re: Comment On A Bad Experience/disappointment You've Had in a Nigerian Airport by alstacs(m): 2:40am On Nov 12, 2013
Are Nigerians not entitled to some claims, rights and privileges after the airlines come with theses delays and cancellations for operational reasons?

(1) (Reply)

Man Writes An Incredible Letter To Airline For Sitting Next To A 'hippopotamus' / Obalende Or Marina / I Want To Move From Cross Rivers To Lagos For Better Life Any Good Adv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.