Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague (39151 Views)

The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
JMAN05:

Now use your tongue to count your teeth.
funny guy. Lol
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
btw you have not yet answered my kwetion on the other thread? Do care?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ezzye: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
izuplayspiano:
Read Isaiah 9:6....And His name will be called wonderful, counselor, mighty God, everlasting father, price of peace.
Just tell me u don't believe in the Trinity and I'll understand u immediately

hahaha lol, am loving this discussion.

anyway i love this scripture you just quoted. notice the highlighted portion says "mighty God" it didnt say "Almighty God"

at Exodus 6:2,3 it says..."2 Then God said to Moses: “I am Jehovah. 3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty,+ but with regard to my name Jehovah+ I did not make myself known to them."

Almighty > Mighty... right or wrong?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by ezzye: 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
Guys on a serious note, i think we should not keep arguing about religion here. One thing we should appreciate is, we all were created by God, we owe our lives to Him, and when it rains, it rains on both sinners, righteous, and so on.

when we fall sick, it affects evry1 ; Muslims, christians, hindu etc

our teachings differ, our understanding differs, but its not some competition to see who has a better understanding of the Bible or not. Its not something to brag about, cos whateva minute knowledge we may think we have ALL comes from God.

so guys, Doing What is Right in God's Eyes is the most important thing on earth!!!

at Matthew 7: 21-23 Jesus Said: 21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.+ 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord,+ did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’+ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’+

So whether you believe Jesus is God or God is Jesus or God is three(Trinity) no wahala, one has got to respect other people's beliefs, WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS DOING THE WILL OF "HIS" FATHER!

Lets rest the case!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by cyberthief(m): 8:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
Any JW shud add me up on whatsap 08104007569 2go Trams504 fb @ayeni.smart.3
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Rosieflower(f): 12:01am On Nov 26, 2013
They do dat cos d truth is bitter
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2013
Rosieflower: They do dat cos d truth is bitter
which truth that an archangel arrived invisibly in 1914 ? If you call this bitter truth, ugh! I hate this truth. Worshippers of archangel = jehovah witness

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by BERNIMOORE: 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
@hisblud

i was busy throughout last week

I ask you a question, on page 2, you did not answer, though im not a jw! but you have forced 'warning' on jonah's message to the people, and it seems that your failure or refusal to prove the alledged warning 'in jonah's message to the ninevites' by quoting a verse shows that you have no knowledge of the fuffilment of God's prophecies,

this is the question again, let me pick it one after another;

did jonah added warning to his message to the nineveh? if yes, quote the verse here please

this is jonah's message;

jonah 3:4

4 And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!”

a fixed time of 'forty days' was announced, and so nowhere in jonah's message to the ninevites contain warning whatsoever, but a certain doom! hanged on the city

and to further prove that it was God himself who relent on what he had earlier determined to do

read Jonah 3:10
New King James Version

10 Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it

note the bold, 'He did not do it' this shows that it was not a warning but a determined doom on a fixed date like a time bomb has just been averted

you can see why in jonah 4:1-5

jonah said he prefer to die, because of the shame, he would not have tried to run away in the first place to tarshish had it been that it was only a mere warning.

so, this case provides answer to your own question below;

hisblud: thanks, good that you aint a jw, let me ask you a simple question. Say you were in 1894 and a prediction came that in 1914, troubles will end becos Yahshua will return. Now some people repented and some did not, will the repentance of people cause God Who knows the day and hour to delay/postpone the return of Yahshua becos some of them repented?

if the repentance of the ninevites could cause God to relent of bringing calamities after 40 days to the city, why not to those who are repenting of their sin now, which is the reason of jesus coming to die in the first place john 3:16....God brought his only beggotten son ....whosoever believeth in him shall not perish...

the delay that may come from any Gods prophecies is an advantage for sinners to change their ways and repent

now that i have answer you,

can you answer my question by quoting a verse that;

did jonah added warning to his message to the nineveh? if yes, quote the verse here please
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud: which truth that an archangel arrived invisibly in 1914 ? If you call this bitter truth, ugh! I hate this truth. Worshippers of archangel = jehovah witness

another prove that you like lies more than satan does.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @hisblud

i was busy throughout last week but glad to still meet the thread, lets go

I ask you a question, on page 2, you did not answer, though im not a jw! but you have forced 'warning' on jonah's message to the people, and it seems that your failure or refusal to prove the alledged warning 'in jonah's message to the ninevites' by quoting a verse shows that you have no knowledge of the fuffilment of God's prophecies,

this is the question again, let me pick it one after another;

this is jonah's message;

jonah 3:4

4 And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!”

a fixed time of 'forty days' was announced, and so nowhere in jonah's message to the ninevites contain warning whatsoever, but a certain doom! hanged on the city

and to further prove that it was God himself who relent on what he had earlier determined to do

read Jonah 3:10
New King James Version

10 Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God relented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it

note the bold, 'He did not do it' this shows that it was not a warning but a determined doom on a fixed date like a time bomb has just been averted

you can see why in jonah 4:1-5

jonah said he prefer to die, because of the shame, he would not have tried to run away in the first place to tarshish had it been that it was only a mere warning.

so, this case provides answer to your own question below;

if the repentance of the ninevites could cause God to relent of bringing calamities after 40 days to the city, why not to those who are repenting of their sin now, which is the reason of jesus coming to die in the first place john 3:16....God brought his only beggotten son ....whosoever believeth in him shall not perish...

the delay that may come from any Gods prophecies is an advantage for sinners to change their ways and repent

now that i have answer you,

can you answer my question by quoting a verse that;

hisblud doesnt like the truth cos truth is not in him. when he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his disposition.

that guy should be handled like Jesus handled the pharisees.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by BERNIMOORE: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2013
JMAN05:

hisblud doesnt like the truth cos truth is not in him. when he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his disposition.

that guy should be handled like Jesus handled the pharisees.

lets wait and see, lm a neutral person here, i give everyone benefit of doubt, im expecting his answer

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2013
JMAN05:

another prove that you like lies more than satan does.

hi oops, but you people believe that jesus is archangel...but am ok with Yahshua as God...
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

lets wait and see, lm a neutral person here, i give everyone benefit of doubt, im expecting his answer

thanks berny ... jman is like... breathing fire grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rapmike(m): 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
JMAN05:

You are doing quite well by reading the watchtower and awake. You can always access our publications or know more about what we believe at www.jw.org

True, many of what we teach is contrary to what others teach. many never knew that was a time we celebrated chrismas in the past, celebrated birthdays, believed that all righteous people will go to heaven, used titles, joined the military to fight war, joined politics etc., But we have changed all those things. we no longer believe in them. will it not be good to sit with them and know why they made the changes?

As a lover of truth, you may come to see reasons with them.

so righteous people are not going to heaven? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
rapmike:
so righteous people are not going to heaven? undecided undecided undecided

Some will go. matt. 5:3, but some will be here on earth. matt. 5:5, psalms 37:9

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rapmike(m): 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
JMAN05:

Okay, i don fear.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by publicenemy(m): 8:59am On Jul 23, 2014
hardbody: The reason is simple, Jesus said if they treated him like sh.it, so also will they treat his followers. For the truth seekers, if you find time to listen to them, they will answer all your question, citing your own bible. It appears to me that they are basically the only people that say it the way it is hence a lot of the other religous propagandists do not want to hear them telling them the gospel truth.

By the way i like your moniker @ booty

May God bless you
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by rapmike(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
JMAN05:

Then I heard Jehovah Witnesses don't believe that hell-fire exists.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
rapmike:

Then I heard Jehovah Witnesses don't believe that hell-fire exists.

Ya, what people call hellfire is the bible use of allegory.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Allegory indeed. Jesus taught us about hell fire in many places in scripture. JW is a false religion.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by hardbody: 9:19am On Jul 30, 2014
italo: What do you mean by gospel truth?

That Jesus came in 1914?

That heaven got filled in 1935?

That Abraham, Isaac and Jacob came to earth in 1925?

All these Jehovah's witnesses prophecies (and many many more) are what you call "gospel truth?"

They preach point No.1, and have shown me enough proof.
I am not quite sure about point No.2, although i have heard that going to heaven is still open especially if any who has been so appointed fails to remain steadfast and
Point No.3 ....I have never heard them preach this before. I have mentioned it and it was vehemently denied. Now you have started lying against them again. That is what i hate about people like you.

On the first two points, they will discuss and read, from YOUR OWN bible. I have proof of that, and i have presented various bible versions and what they have read are contained in all, even if the tenses and construction changes, the context remains always the same.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 04, 2014
toke8: Allegory indeed. Jesus taught us about hell fire in many places in scripture. JW is a false religion.

Where?
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by Franklinus: 7:13am On Jun 10, 2015
FOR Catholics in the house and any one who is interested I invite you to read and comment on my blogposts...tell me what you think...we could have meaningful conversations and learn more about our Christian and Catholic faith. I invite those still in whatever form of doubt to log in to the credoexperience..com and ask your questions..... thanks as you do so...here is my latest post http://credoexperience..com/2015/06/the-holy-mass-forepatterned.html?m=1

Also here is my reply to the Rev.Chris OKOTIE http://credoexperience..com/2013/12/chris-okotie-i-challenge-you-my-reply.html?m=1
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by RikoduoSennin(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
toke8:
Allegory indeed. Jesus taught us about hell fire in many places in scripture. JW is a false religion.

If Jesus said so, please tell us When do people go to Hell fire- immediately when they die or after the last day/judgement day?

NB: Hell fire teaching goes against Resurrection hope/promise.
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by RikoduoSennin(m): 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
which truth that an archangel arrived invisibly in 1914 ? If you call this bitter truth, ugh! I hate this truth. Worshippers of archangel = jehovah witness

@bold section, pat yourself on your back on the day you have proof that JW WORSHIP archangel!
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by atoleybaba(m): 12:02am On Jun 13, 2015
Jman u av done well in defending the truth but again I think I should remind u. Please don't waste valuable time of telling honest hearted ones d truth on people who are just interested in making pointless argument.. People like that catholic dude who doesn't even know what he is saying. And also nobody that sounds confuse too...
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by atoleybaba(m): 12:04am On Jun 13, 2015
Meanwhile yoke we all are waiting for d verses of the bible that talks bawt hell fire....I know u might want to give example of Lazarus and d rich man cool
Re: Why Do People Treat The Jehovah Witnesses Like A Plague by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
italo:
I receive them well, even though I'm Catholic and they always demonize my faith.

I receive them with love because they are Children of God and I appreciate the zeal they put into preaching what they believe is God's truth...even though they are in error.

I believe I can do this because I know enough about my faith and their to be able to spot their errors.

Many Christians dont know enough to refute them so they feel the best thing is to avoid them.

Its okay to avoid anyone you choose to, but you can do it lovingly and politely.

We are all Children of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Is There Really Life After Death? / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again ! / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.