Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

“I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet (4484 Views)

Friday Njengo Is Dead (Golden Eaglet) / Amazing Records Of The Nigerian Under 17 Golden Eaglet / Golden Eaglet Good Enough For The World Cup Title! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by finaly01: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2013
Though funny but i agree with D op, have u wondered why most of of our junior teams hardly progress into the senior level? How come messi, demaria aguero and others that played under 20 are still functioning fully in their various clubs but their nija counterpart have all retired apart from mikel who is partially functioning in chelsea.
Under17 four times champions, under 20 and Olympic gold medal fine but Integrate this same boys into super eagle, for wia. Rheumatism leg
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 11, 2013
fp tinz
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by donphilopus: 10:09am On Nov 11, 2013
Sometimes, I'd be tempted to believe this, because when Awoniyi's dad said there was a time he was beating Awoniyi just to leave football, and he still said Awoniyi was given an award in football at about 2010 and now they are telling us the guy is 16yrs old...

So does that mean he was given the award when he was just 13?? NO I don't agree with that..

Awoniyi should should be between the range of 17-20

2 Likes

Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2013
I think they're slightly above 17.
But, they're still the youngest set of players that Nigeria have ever presented at this level.
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by marutimon: 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
donphilopus: Sometimes, I'd be tempted to believe this, because when Awoniyi's dad said there was a time he was beating Awoniyi just to leave football, and he still said Awoniyi was given an award in football at about 2010 and now they are telling us the guy is 16yrs old...

So does that mean he was given the award when he was just 13?? NO I don't agree with that..

Awoniyi should should be between the range of 17-20

First off the tournament you are referring to took place in 2012, not 2010. Secondly it was a U15 competition, so he received an award for being the best at a U15 tournament. Not to mention that you can also win awards as a U13 player.

As for the Golden Eaglets: Most players (including the entire first team) have been screened with MRI scans 4 times since July 2012. The test has a 99% accuracy in determining whether a player is U19. That means that with 99% accuracy the oldest any of the players in this squad can be be is 17,5. DO THE MATH!

Because I for one believe science over some suspect media report.

1 Like

Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by donphilopus: 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
marutimon:

First off the tournament you are referring to took place in 2012, not 2010. Secondly it was a U15 competition, so he received an award for being the best at a U15 tournament. Not to mention that you can also win awards as a U13 player.

As for the Golden Eaglets: Most players (including the entire first team) have been screened with MRI scans 4 times since July 2012. The test has a 99% accuracy in determining whether a player is U19. That means that with 99% accuracy the oldest any of the players in this squad can be be is 17,5. DO THE MATH!

Take a look at this

www.nairaland.com/1512599/used-beat-son-taiwo-awoniyi
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by marutimon: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
So? The tournament still took place in 2012. I don't care who came up with the 2010 date (even if its his father), its plain wrong. You can find media reports from it - with Awoniyi's name and lowdowns from specific games.
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by nerodenero: 8:32am On Nov 12, 2013
marutimon:

Assuming these boys are above 17 years, they still look young. My joy is that this is the first time in many tournaments that Nigeria is parading a relatively young squad. The faces of most of these boys says it all. Their relatively young age would help grow our football. That is just the positive thing here.
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by nerodenero: 8:34am On Nov 12, 2013
lagosapple:
According to Nigerian football insiders, the Nigerian players and their coaches have figured out how to beat the system. They discovered that eating the popular abacha, cassava tuber or the leaf, produces a chemical that deceives MRI machines and other age identifying technologies
There is no prove to suggest this claim.
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by bjjbam: 11:57am On Nov 12, 2013
Beer parlour gist!!!
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by manuch(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
Some of u guys are guys are very funny. so you must look under 17 to be under 17. iwhen i was 15 i was already growing a beard. so if i was playing for eaglets everyone would having been screaming over age.

1 Like

Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by Comradekenny(m): 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
this is nt funny,even if they cheated,what are you tryin to prove to the world,that your country is no good.....this is nt it....pls be patriotic story like this tanishes the countrys image............abeg make we no spread our urine mat outside 4 d world to see...
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by otokx(m): 2:42am On Nov 20, 2013
Why can't we replicate our U17 wins in U20?
Re: “I Watched My Daddy Score,” Says Daughter Of Golden Eaglet by alexvatt(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2013
Let us stop tanishing the image of this country by posting rubish. If fifa machine cant prove that our players overaged, so what is our problem. This is a bad post, and we should not encourage it. Up eaglets

(1) (2) (Reply)

Npfl Week 25 Results and League table / Predict 101: Get Free Daily Tips For Free, No Payment, No Fixed Matches ! / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Arsenal Vs Chelsea 2-1 – Highlights & Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.