Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,820 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets (15994 Views)

PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming Business Secrets 3rd Series Now Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Firstly what is Heliculture? Its a scientific process of domesticating snails picked from the forest; thereby making thier new home become familiar with thier original home.

Fact is that if you have tasted a well prepard snail meat; you wont disagree with me; if i say the meat is a delicacy. So much is yet to be tapped from comercial snail farming. The market is large considering the high demand for a meat low in cholestherol with high concentration of protien; calcium and other vital nutrients. Snail is very medicinal. In recent times the very few who have found out this business potential have inquired about the rudiments; skills and methodology of rearing the congo meat in comercial scale. In this thread; i will be exposing core secrets required to kick start this business right from the comfort of ur home or farm. The good news is that you dnt need any university degree in agriculture to do this business and you dnt need to quit ur job too. Stay connected here....

I will see you @ the top!

2 Likes

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 10:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Students; stay at home dad and mum; unemployed graduates; if ur smart thinking; can buy into this oportunity.

we can take ur comments and questions.

Lets meet @ the top!
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
I am in.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by eminikansoso(m): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Oya now we dey wait o
let the tutorial kick off now
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
You can start Heliculture business in small; medium or large scale; the choice dependent on ur plan and ur available startup capital. But for this purpose; i will treat small or Medium scale farming.

For a medium scale farming; you may not need much capital to startup as; if you plan very well; you can kick start with even N15k or N20k.

All you need at this level is decide the location you wono construct ur Snail Pen/House. Lets assume you have a little space in ur backyard; all you will need is to clear up the place of shrubs; ants and rodents; hire a capenter let him construct a sizeable pen for you within the available space. The tools for the pen: are plywoods; wiregouse net; mosquito net; nails; etc. You wont need to use a cemented floor as the snails wont survive on cememented ground; so you'll need to fetch a loamy soil; maybe from a waste desposing spot; feel it on the surface; treat the soil with limestone; then get ready to introduce the new breeds of snails. Warrning! Beware of 'Snail Enemies'; Make sure the Pen/soil is free from ants; insects; lizards; snakes; or even mosquitos; they will kill the snail...

Now our Pen is ready; in the next segement i will show u how to fetch ur first breed of snails; and what u should consider as ur first breed..

untill i come ur way again...

Dont forget;.. 'Ignorance is more expensive than knowledge'

Lets meet @ the top!

07063249904; 08188573805
www.snailfarmingng..com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by eminikansoso(m): 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
okay am with you
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2013
i will go straight to the point. We often advise intending farmers to source for thier first stock locally. I.e. From local farmers. Do not buy from market sellers. Most of the stocks there have stayed hooked without food for weeks or months in the market; they may hv been demoralized; hence this might affect thier reproductive potentials. Dont fetch or buy baby snails for rearing; buy matured ones so that after they hv been domesticated in thier Pen; they can be sure to soon mate and reproduce...

Someone might ask; why am i dishing out this info free here? The fact is that; every Nigerian has a role to better Nigeria. I am Nigeria!

Stay tuned....until i come ur way again

Be the first to know about my FREE business discussion forum: www.nigerianbusinessforum.com

For ease and comprehensiveness you may order the complete practical Snail Farming guides here with pictures: www.snailfarmingng..com
Tel: 07063249904; 08188573805

1 Like

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by eminikansoso(m): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2013
wealthinfos: i will go straight to the point. We often advise intending farmers to source for thier first stock locally. I.e. From local farmers. Do not buy from market sellers. Most of the stocks there have stayed hooked without food for weeks or months in the market; they may hv been demoralized; hence this might affect thier reproductive potentials. Dont fetch or buy baby snails for rearing; buy matured ones so that after they hv been domesticated in thier Pen; they can be sure to soon mate and reproduce...

Someone might ask; why am i dishing out this info free here? The fact is that; every Nigerian has a role to better Nigeria. I am Nigeria!

Stay tuned....until i come ur way again

Be the first to know about my FREE business discussion forum: www.nigerianbusinessforum.com

For ease and comprehensiveness you may order the complete practical Snail Farming guides here with pictures: www.snailfarmingng..com

Tel: 07063249904; 08188573805

pls if i invest like #200,000 in the snail farming business for both snail and pens
what will be my income after a year being a fresh graduate
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by dlion: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Can somebody kindly give addresses of some snail rearing farms.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by boluwajokosegun: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
THE GREEN OIL WELL-Jatropha (Biofuel)
This is new in Nigeria & u can make a lot of money just by being a biofuel farmer. We at eesteeresources have Jatroha plantation, as i speak we set up farm for investors & buy back the seeds after 6 months of planting the 2 months old seedlings , we sell hybrid seedling @ N40 per stand,As a member of our farmers club, we write feasibility study on agric biz, send news letter, we help to rent private/ govt land@ less than N2,500 per acre we have 300 acres of arable land in the west for lease & some for sale to interested investors who are member of our farmer’s club-registration fee is N3,500 . Presently MTN uses biofuel to run their base stations all over the country, In this business there is no waste because both oil & shaft is marketable besides there are people who plant & use the biofuel to run their generator in Oyo state more so we have foreigners waiting to buy the cake. Jatropha plant seeds for up to 50 years & seed is ready for harvest when the plant is 8 months old , Jatropha seed cake can be mixed with energy sources such as maize to compound livestock feeds, and it is relatively cheap. The juice from the leaves can be used in the treatment and prevention of many ailments. The stem can be cut and used as a chewing stick to cure bleeding gums, smelling mouth and so on. Toothpaste can be produced from it. Presently in Nigeria ceiling board is produced from Jatropha, better than asbestos, they are environmentally friendly, very cheap and affordable
“Charcoal for bleaching palm oil for the production of oil used in the making of soaps and insecticides has been produced from Jatropha. The oil is not yet used for human consumption, but it can be used in the production of pesticides.
“Jatropha is a solution provider to the problem of climate change. One plant of Jatropha absorbs about 20 kilograms of carbon dioxide per year.If you want to know more buy our comprehensive jatropha proposal- 25k
1. As I speak the house has done the first reading of a bill to include Jatropha biofuel into our petrol (10-20)%. interested persons should please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday) for more details- We are also into plantain, pineapple, palm tree, rubber ,moringa ,maize, cassava, vegetable ,melon ,watermelon ,cabbage plantation farm , you can also buy all kinds of seedlings from us. We also have quail, glasscutter, rabbit ,snail, ostrich ,Flightless-guinea fowl , imported turkey
2. Nigeria has no business importing food at all. We have everything; God has blessed this country. We have land, cheap labour, we have great sunshine and we have population to eat what we produce. Nigeria should not be importing food; Nigeria should be self-sufficient and should be a net exporting country for food

3. We also build incubators that use Jatrophat as fuel , infact we convert room to incubator. If you are a serious investor please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to 11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday)– Eesteeresources-agriculture-based entrepreneur.
agric4wealth8020..com, eesteeresources@gmail.com
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by datola: 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Good question

eminikan soso:

pls if i invest like #200,000 in the snail farming business for both snail and pens

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
eminikan soso:

The market is not a fixed one. Nobody can seat and tell you that you can earn XYz amount for investing ABC amount. But the truth is that #200k is a big input for Heliculture; with such amount you could have a tripple turnover profit within a year; if all things go well; and if snails in ur pen are properly nutured and cared for. Note: the level of comfort they get from you the livestock keeper to a great extent will determine thier reproduction
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by eminikansoso(m): 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
wealthinfos:

The market is not a fixed one. Nobody can seat and tell you that you can earn XYz amount for investing ABC amount. But the truth is that #200k is a big input for Heliculture; with such amount you could have a tripple turnover profit within a year; if all things go well; and if snails in ur pen are properly nutured and cared for. Note: the level of comfort they get from you the livestock keeper to a great extent will determine thier reproduction
pls send the detail to my mail now oyedepoeniloa@gmail.com
thanks
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
eminikan soso:
pls send the detail to my mail now oyedepoeniloa@gmail.com
thanks

See details here: www.snailfarmingng..com or call:

Legit Wealth Farms
#2 Ebonyi-Orazi rd.
Port Harcourt.
07063249904; 08188573805
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2014
dlion: Can somebody kindly give addresses of some snail rearing farms.

Legit Wealth Farms
#2 Ebonyi-Orazi Rd,
Port Harcourt.
07063249904; 08188573805
www.snailfarmingng..com

For those who understands the profit potential of this biz and wants to make extra effors, we offer a one-on-one or group training in our farm or we can come to ur destination, on special arrangement.

Our Goal & mission; to empower both the young and old on wealth creation techniques via Snail Farming business.

I will see you @the top!

*Pls #BringBackOurGirls*
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
see a section of a pen at Legit Wealth Farms. The pen is in sections, each housing a snail size and specie

Visit: www.snailfarmingng..com

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
dlion: Can somebody kindly give addresses of some snail rearing farms.

See a life training section in our farm, better still you can come see a live farm at Legit Wealth farms,

See pic below:

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by rareman(m): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
wealthinfos: You can start Heliculture business in small; medium or large scale; the choice dependent on ur plan and ur available startup capital. But for this purpose; i will treat small or Medium scale farming.

For a medium scale farming; you may not need much capital to startup as; if you plan very well; you can kick start with even N15k or N20k.

All you need at this level is decide the location you wono construct ur Snail Pen/House. Lets assume you have a little space in ur backyard; all you will need is to clear up the place of shrubs; ants and rodents; hire a capenter let him construct a sizeable pen for you within the available space. The tools for the pen: are plywoods; wiregouse net; mosquito net; nails; etc. You wont need to use a cemented floor as the snails wont survive on cememented ground; so you'll need to fetch a loamy soil; maybe from a waste desposing spot; feel it on the surface; treat the soil with limestone; then get ready to introduce the new breeds of snails. Warrning! Beware of 'Snail Enemies'; Make sure the Pen/soil is free from ants; insects; lizards; snakes; or even mosquitos; they will kill the snail...

Now our Pen is ready; in the next segement i will show u how to fetch ur first breed of snails; and what u should consider as ur first breed..

untill i come ur way again...

Dont forget;.. 'Ignorance is more expensive than knowledge'

Lets meet @ the top!

07063249904; 08188573805
www.snailfarmingng..com
Thanks for this info, please can you clarify on the aspect of floor since you said we should not use cemented floor but a loamy soil kind of floor then how do we protect them against pestilence that you mentioned (ants, snakes etc) thank you
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
rareman:
Thanks for this info, please can you clarify on the aspect of floor since you said we should not use cemented floor but a loamy soil kind of floor then how do we protect them against pestilence that you mentioned (ants, snakes etc) thank you

cemented floor is not advisable. snails have the habit if digging into the ground of thier house/pen maybe to lay eggs or relax, so you need to fill the floor with enough loamy soil. loamy soil is dark and can be fetched from a farm land in the bush. On avoiding snail enemies, you need to ensure there is zero access holes, or points for ants, lizards, snakes etc. and other methods of avoiding snail enemies. Also avoid human snail enemies, or else they will invade your farm and cart away with you livestock! cheesy
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by spanzed(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
I so much appreciate dis trend...wealyhinfo thanks for making dis I also salute oga seun..I just want 2 ask how compulsory is it 2 feed dis snails when rearing dm with their feed...and can I start a pen using tyre..!ut adequate cleaning would be administered...lastly were can I get matured snail as wealthinfo advice earlier for sale in ilorin...pls I need answers As soon as possible..thanks

1 Like

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
spanzed: I so much appreciate dis trend...wealyhinfo thanks for making dis I also salute oga seun..I just want 2 ask how compulsory is it 2 feed dis snails when rearing dm with their feed...and can I start a pen using tyre..!ut adequate cleaning would be administered...lastly were can I get matured snail as wealthinfo advice earlier for sale in ilorin...pls I need answers As soon as possible..thanks

you can order for your foundation stocks from our farm or any snail farm around or from local farmers, however, its not advisable to buy from the retail store or market as snails at the retails store would have being exausted, stressed and maybe hungry and exposed to other harsh condition which may hamper the growth of ur livestock when domesticated in your pen. Secondly on ur question, feeding is compulsory but you must not feed everyday, but ensure you dont starve them. Also like u asked, pls do not domesticate commercial snail farming on motor tyres, except its for fun or consumption.

Goodluck Nigeria!
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by Willas04: 11:54am On Aug 18, 2014
Interesting discussion on Snail farming. Please can somebody tell me, with reasons, which of the Achatina species is best for commercial snail farming. Again, I continue to have doubts regarding the size of the snail market in Nigeria. Do we really have a large market for snails? Which big organisations in Nigeria buy snails? How much do they pay for a fully grown giant snail?
Thanks for your answers.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
Willas04: Interesting discussion on Snail farming. Please can somebody tell me, with reasons, which of the Achatina species is best for commercial snail farming. Again, I continue to have doubts regarding the size of the snail market in Nigeria. Do we really have a large market for snails? Which big organisations in Nigeria buy snails? How much do they pay for a fully grown giant snail?
Thanks for your answers.

Achantina Maginata is more domicile in Nigerian forest. the market for snails is everywhere, from your neighbors, church, local market, relatives, fastfoods, restaurants, export market, hotels, bars etc etc. the list is endless.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by Willas04: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for your reply wealthinfo. Please, how long does it take the achatina maginata to grow very big for harvest. I mean from when it is hatched. Again what is the production rate per a year?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by topdiva(f): 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Willas04: Thanks for your reply wealthinfo. Please, how long does it take the achatina maginata to grow very big for harvest. I mean from when it is hatched. Again what is the production rate per a year?
I'd advise u to buy an already mature breeding snail. the achatina species to b specific. achatina is d highest producing now as the can lay 200 to 300 egs per batch. so if u have just 5 to 10, do the maths.. at the end of a year u can have a million snails (under good management)
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by gloriana(f): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
Pls my snails r dying seriously. Wat do I do cos I don't sim to no wat d problem is. Av tried evrytin I can. I nid help
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
gloriana: Pls my snails r dying seriously. Wat do I do cos I don't sim to no wat d problem is. Av tried evrytin I can. I nid help

So many factors could be responsible for high snail mortality rate. Can u provide answers to these questions:

whats d density level of ur pen? Where did u source ur foundation stocks from,? How often & well do u feed them? Is ur pen pest/termite free? How often do u water ur livestocks? Is ur pen water-logged? Does the water u give introduce them have salt or any kind of toxicant or chemical?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by gloriana(f): 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
wealthinfos:

So many factors could be responsible for high snail mortality rate. Can u provide answers to these questions:

whats d density level of ur pen? Where did u source ur foundation stocks from,? How often & well do u feed them? Is ur pen pest/termite free? How often do u water ur livestocks? Is ur pen water-logged? Does the water u give introduce them have salt or any kind of toxicant or chemical?
i av like a hundred medium snails in a square meta. I got dem frm near by bushes.I suspectd som1 pourd salt into d wel 2 clean it cos dat day i lost abt 3O, denlater istarded pickin empty shells. I feed dem regularly. Tanx 4 ur respons.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 10:40am On Sep 07, 2014
gloriana: i av like a hundred medium snails in a square meta. I got dem frm near by bushes.I suspectd som1 pourd salt into d wel 2 clean it cos dat day i lost abt 3O, denlater istarded pickin empty shells. I feed dem regularly. Tanx 4 ur respons.

At least u now know a possible cause of ur problem. See you @the top!
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by samseen02(m): 12:51am On Sep 08, 2014
mmmh! Great info @op
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by madgoat(m): 8:36am On Sep 08, 2014
How will i get rid of the snail slime from the pen and do i need to add fresh loamy soil to the pen regularl?

Also how many snails can i stock in a pen of about 6ft lenght by 3ft breadth by 3ft height

2 Likes

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by gloriana(f): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
wealthinfos:

At least u now know a possible cause of ur problem. See you @the top!
Not exactly. Afta d 1st series of death, i changd d soil,got wata frm anoda source n cleand d snails,still dey r dieing n i dnt no d reason 4 d empty shells.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Free Hybrid Suckers Up To 5,000 Seedlings In Ogbomoso / Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / How To Grow Tomatoes For Business? All You Need To Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.