Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets (16025 Views)

PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria. / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming Business Secrets 3rd Series Now Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 5:32am On Sep 09, 2014
gloriana: Not exactly. Afta d 1st series of death, i changd d soil,got wata frm anoda source n cleand d snails,still dey r dieing n i dnt no d reason 4 d empty shells.

Pls can i have answers to the questions i asked u above? Sure they'll help us knw wats causing the deaths. So so many factors could be responsible for this. Or better still call me up lets talk one-on-one.

I will see you @the top!
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 5:51am On Sep 09, 2014
madgoat: How will i get rid of the snail slime from the pen and do i need to add fresh loamy soil to the pen regularl?

Also how many snails can i stock in a pen of about 6ft lenght by 3ft breadth by 3ft height

sorry i dnt know it all: how do you mean snail slime?
At ur early farming age ur still experimenting, so its advisable you dont overstock ur farm; however u may start with say 50 or more livestock, depending on ur available space though.
You may not necessarilly need to change the soil regularly though; why change the soil? because if u do how sure are u that the new soil ur bringing in is pest and insect-free?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by metroy4x: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
it's harvest season on our farm, we sell breeding stock snail and grasscutter family for breeding.

Info. : 08038886196
Email : metroy4x@yahoo.com
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by madgoat(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
wealthinfos:

sorry i dnt know it all: how do you mean snail slime?
At ur early farming age ur still experimenting, so its advisable you dont overstock ur farm; however u may start with say 50 or more livestock, depending on ur available space though.
You may not necessarilly need to change the soil regularly though; why change the soil? because if u do how sure are u that the new soil ur bringing in is pest and insect-free?

U knw d snail produces slime and u usually see it on d ground or where ever dey are enclosed. If its too much, i heard dat d slime is bad for their health.

I just wanna knw how to deal wt diz slime.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by gloriana(f): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2014
wealthinfos:

Pls can i have answers to the questions i asked u above? Sure they'll help us knw wats causing the deaths. So so many factors could be responsible for this. Or better still call me up lets talk one-on-one.

I will see you @the top!
I don't av ur fone no. Pls sms it 2 me tru my signature. Tanx
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by samseen02(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
madgoat: How will i get rid of the snail slime from the pen and do i need to add fresh loamy soil to the pen regularl?

Also how many snails can i stock in a pen of about 6ft lenght by 3ft breadth by 3ft height
change the soil periodically for the snail slime to avoid pests and insects. You can stock upto 140 snails for that pen size.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by sapphireB: 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=wealthinfos]

you can order for your foundation stocks from our farm
pls where's ur farm and what's the price. Thanks for the good work.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2014
[quote author=sapphireB][/quote]

We are located at 1Ebonyi-Orazi rd, Port Harcourt. We also offer one-on-one training at this venue live in the Legit Wealth Farms
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2014
gloriana: I don't av ur fone no. Pls sms it 2 me tru my signature. Tanx

You can call me up on 07063249904 or chat with me via watsapp at: 08188573805
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by cola: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Willas04: Thanks for your reply wealthinfo. Please, how long does it take the achatina maginata to grow very big for harvest. I mean from when it is hatched. Again what is the production rate per a year?

respone, anyone?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2014
cryMy sister fed my snails with cabbage washed with salt... 127 survived out of 1022 snails
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by FarmTech(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
Willas04: Thanks for your reply wealthinfo. Please, how long does it take the achatina maginata to grow very big for harvest. I mean from when it is hatched. Again what is the production rate per a year?
It can take 18mnths to 2yrs for it to reach 350g. They lay 5-10 eggs 4-8 times each growng season, but they can breed thuout the yr if conditn is made conducive. The A. Achatina lays 100-300 eggs 1-2 times each growing season.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by guchilady: 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2014
Pls houz how many snails can be reared till table size in an 8 by 4 feet Space?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
Mellin: cryMy sister fed my snails with cabbage washed with salt... 127 survived out of 1022 snails

Thanks for the testimony! Snail feed has zero tolerance for chlorine and all forms of toxins
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by guchilady: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
wealthinfos:

Thanks for the testimony! Snail feed has zero tolerance for chlorine and all forms of toxins
. Pls answer my question,how many snails can b trained till grow out in an 8 by 4 feet? cry
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
guchilady: . Pls answer my question,how many snails can b trained till grow out in an 8 by 4 feet? cry
start with 500 snails
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
guchilady: . Pls answer my question,how many snails can b trained till grow out in an 8 by 4 feet? cry

You start base on available capital and what ur strenght can carry. Don't forget u must be willing to experiment the process. There"s a whole lot to experiment at the beginners level, so we often advise our participants to start in small or near medium scale. You start with 200 to 300 species giant Africal snails so u can test the process. Your experiment will be of great assets to u in this business

See you @the top!
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by luvmus(f): 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
hi, plz where can I get a rabbit n SNAILS.am in Benue state,katsina -ala. if there's any kindly inform me. thanks
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
luvmus: hi, plz where can I get a rabbit n SNAILS.am in Benue state,katsina -ala. if there's any kindly inform me. thanks

Pls state ur case clearly. You want them for consumption or what?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by drsolob2(m): 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
How long does it take a snail egg to hatch to a baby snail
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2014
drsolob2:
How long does it take a snail egg to hatch to a baby snail

Give or take they will hatch within 28 to 30 days in the incubator section of ur pen

Hope this helps?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by femo86(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
wealthinfos:

Give or take they will hatch within 28 to 30 days in the incubator section of ur pen

Hope this helps?

How do you create the incubator section inside the pen? Keep up the good work. Thanks
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by topdiva(f): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
plz where can I get breeding snails (A. achatina) around Asaba, anambra, or owerri
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
topdiva:
plz where can I get breeding snails (A. achatina) around Asaba, anambra, or owerri
contact me I reside in asaba

Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
We offer practical training, mentorship, Snail Pen (House) Setup, Practical ebook on Heliculture (Snail Farming) Business. See the content of our ebook and training below:

Introduction
• Major Types of Snail Farming
• Snails Mode of Life
• Why Snail Farming
• Cost of Farming
• Rearing Methods
• Important Factors to Consider
• Commercial Scale Snail Farming
• Small Scale Snail Farming
• Setting Up a Pen/Farm
• Requirements for Snail Farming
• Feeding
• Sourcing Your Stock
• Nutrition
• Breeding/Reproduction
• Record Keeping
• Routine Duties
• Snail Enemies
• Equipments & Tools for Snail Farming
• Major Reasons for Snail Breeding
• Marketing Outlets
• Management Tips
• The Ghana Example
• Appendix 1
• Appendix 2
• Appendix 3

NB: One day practical training in our farm cost #20k. Our practical ebook cost N5,000 only.
Inquiries:

Legit Wealth Farms
15 Ebonyi/Orazi Road, Port Harcourt
07063249904, 08188573805
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by smallblow: 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
@ mellin can u share ur knowledge on snail farming with us on here? Can I get ur number for whatsapp or bbm pin?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by wealthinfos(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
If you wono try something new this year, this is an oportunity to do snail farming busines. we have put together our whole knowledge & experience in our high powered info material titled "A-Do-it-Yourself Guide in Heliculture". Order a copy here; www.snailfarmingng..com or call me on; 07063249904, 08188573805
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by menwongo(m): 11:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
rareman:

Thanks for this info, please can you clarify on the aspect of floor since you said we should not use cemented floor but a loamy soil kind of floor then how do we protect them against pestilence that you mentioned (ants, snakes etc) thank you

Let me help the op here.
Snail uses calcium from soil to build their shell. That's why you see them eating soil, dead leaf and fresh leafs.
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by petitmonde(m): 1:19pm On May 13, 2017
wealthinfos:

cemented floor is not advisable. snails have the habit if digging into the ground of thier house/pen maybe to lay eggs or relax, so you need to fill the floor with enough loamy soil. loamy soil is dark and can be fetched from a farm land in the bush. On avoiding snail enemies, you need to ensure there is zero access holes, or points for ants, lizards, snakes etc. and other methods of avoiding snail enemies. Also avoid human snail enemies, or else they will invade your farm and cart away with you livestock! cheesy
what if the space one has is already cemented.can't one just fill up the cemented space with the black soil to the right level?
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by Greenage: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2018
madgoat:
How will i get rid of the snail slime from the pen and do i need to add fresh loamy soil to the pen regularl?

The recommendation is 6 snails for a square metre. From your question, your area is 6 × 3 = 18 then 18 × 6 =108.
100 snails will be okay
Re: Practical Heliculture- Snail Farming Business Secrets by Greenage: 10:42am On Jan 01, 2018
guchilady:
. Pls answer my question,how many snails can b trained till grow out in an 8 by 4 feet? cry
Let me teach you the calculation. The recommendation is 6 snails per square. 8 × 4 × 6 = 192 pieces of snails. You can stock maximum of 200 medium size snail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Two Plots Of Maize Farm (planted 16/02!2018) / Get Free Hybrid Suckers Up To 5,000 Seedlings In Ogbomoso / How To Grow Tomatoes For Business? All You Need To Know!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.