Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Amaechi To Buhari, Tinubu: I Won’t Defect From PDP Without Consulting Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi To Buhari, Tinubu: I Won’t Defect From PDP Without Consulting Jonathan (736 Views)

1,000 Defect From APC To PDP In Bayelsa / I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi To Buhari, Tinubu: I Won’t Defect From PDP Without Consulting Jonathan by iykofias(m): 11:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Amaechi was later called to respond to the request by the APC leadership to join the party. The governor, who looked visibly excited, grabbed the microphone and sang a   popular Igbo Christian song, celebrating God in his life.
He said he had listened to the various speakers but he would want to consult with President Goodluck Jonathan and other stakeholders in the political sector before deciding on whether to dump the  PDP.
The governor described himself as special in the committee of the seven governors of the ‘New PDP’  because he is from the same South-south zone with President Jonathan.
“I am peculiar in the group of the seven governors. The president comes from our zone.  I will consult our leaders, the president; I will consult you (referring to the mammoth crowd). I will consult all consultables. I will come back to you. The day we shall take a decision,  it will be at the new stadium that can take 40,000 persons.  If we are staying (referring to the PDP), we shall call the president to the stadium to address; us if we are going, we shall call Tinubu and Buhari to come and address us”, he said.
Amaechi, who took on his political foes, said the political crisis in Rivers  was largely due to his refusal to abuse public funds, stressing that he was not a corrupt governor.” They don’t accuse me of being corrupt. They only say I don’t run an inclusive government which is ‘chop I chop’.” he said.
The governor said he would continue to pray to God to protect the state from those he accused of plotting to plunder its resources.
Amaechi  gave reasons why he danced excitedly at the funeral of the foster mother of  the wife of President Jonathan in Okrika..  “I was told I would be stoned at Okrika if I went there. I went there, I raised my right hand, there was applause   and the left, it was the same. I said ‘God I thank you’. “
He  said those fighting him in the state were corrupt, adding that he was ready to engage them publicly  on accountability and transparency in governance anytime he was called to do so.
“Those on the other side are corrupt. We shall reply them one after the other. They have served and now are hungry.  They are desperate and hungry politicians”.
The governor, who said he would not compromise on good governance, dismissed the speculation that he might be sacked by a court verdict on Monday, 11 November.   “” You have been hearing ‘we will remove him since’ 2007. Have I been removed!  They talk as if they are God. They said we will be removed on the 11th  which is Monday.  Come that day, I will dance here”, he said while singing, “There is nobody greater than God. There is no one greater than the Lord divine”.
Amaechi said his administration was constructing roads, building health centres, schools, adding that he had also commenced empowerment scheme for youths in the various wards in the state.
The governor called on the people to resist acts of impunity on the part of the police command in the state.
For full story:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/amaechi-buhari-tinubu-wont-defect-pdp-without-consulting-jonathan/
Re: Amaechi To Buhari, Tinubu: I Won’t Defect From PDP Without Consulting Jonathan by waleadex(m): 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
With or without all things in place,I still don't think,in reality,Amaechi will join APC.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Buhari, Tinubu: I Won’t Defect From PDP Without Consulting Jonathan by iykofias(m): 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
waleadex: With or without all things in place,I still don't think,in reality,Amaechi will join APC.
4rm a neutral point of view,I see amaechi joining APC. Ds a man dat has accumulated more influence n pulic sympathy than Jonathan & co. Wot r d odds of two captains in a ship? Zero!
Re: Amaechi To Buhari, Tinubu: I Won’t Defect From PDP Without Consulting Jonathan by waleadex(m): 12:21am On Nov 11, 2013
iykofias: 4rm a neutral point of view,I see amaechi joining APC. Ds a man dat has accumulated more influence n pulic sympathy than Jonathan & co. Wot r d odds of two captains in a ship? Zero!
Well,only time will tell as political events unfold. All I pray for is a better Nigeria.
Re: Amaechi To Buhari, Tinubu: I Won’t Defect From PDP Without Consulting Jonathan by Kanwulia: 4:13am On Nov 11, 2013
Absolutely! kiss
It is called POLITRICKS! kiss

1 Like

Re: Amaechi To Buhari, Tinubu: I Won’t Defect From PDP Without Consulting Jonathan by iykofias(m): 8:45am On Nov 11, 2013
Kanwulia: Absolutely! kiss
It is called POLITRICKS! kiss
jonah n amaechi beef has notin to do wit politrick.ds is as real as it wil ever get!

(1) (Reply)

Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over Newaviation Charge / Nairaland APC Supporters Welcome Npdp To The Progressive Side. / LMAO! "Go And Die" T Shirt Surfaces In The Naija Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.