Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Relocating To Abuja From Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos (39412 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Driving From Lagos To Abuja / Aero Contractor 6k To Abuja From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 1stdeolaw(m): 6:20am On Nov 11, 2013
Please guys I need your advice and information.
I am a young man planning on relocating to Abuja from Lagos. I am still trying to be upright financially (not financially strong. Main reason for my relocation).
I would like to know:
1. The cost of renting a self-contained apartment (small size o).
2. How high food stuffs are.
3. Cost of transportation around town.
4. Secuirity strenght .
Thank you as your help a brother/son

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 11, 2013
Abuja in my opinion is too expensive for those who are just starting life. please stay back in lagos. Accommodation, transport and food stuffs is do expensive unless you want to be going to the outskirts to shop.

11 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by MANGAM(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2013
U ar welcome. Pls when coming come wit a car, not jus any car but a car, if possible bring ur house unless u ar ready to pay 400-500k for a room or even more.

10 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 1stdeolaw(m): 7:30am On Nov 11, 2013
honey86: Abuja in my opinion is too expensive for those who are just starting life. please stay back in lagos. Accommodation, transport and food stuffs is do expensive unless you want to be going to the outskirts to shop.

Thanks. You have increased the fear in me.

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 1stdeolaw(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2013
MANGAM: U ar welcome. Pls when coming come wit a car, not jus any car but a car, if possible bring ur house unless u ar ready to pay 400-500k for a room or even more.

I don't have a car

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 1stdeolaw(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2013
I will make more earnings in Abuja compared lagos but the fear of spending worries me. I will earn double of my ends as at now.
Please what about business opportunities in Abuja?
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by here: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2013
Abuja is expensive but people who earn 30,000 still live ok.
You have to be able to tell us if you have a family and what kind of job you are into if you'll need to be accessing town daily then we can advice on where to stay.
Kubwa and Karu,you will find a room and parlor for about 300-400k depends on if its a new house or old one.
For a single room self contain about 200-250k but some areas like after Jikwoyi you can get 70-150k or even around Abacha road axis.
People even come from Suleija or Airport road.The most important thing is are you alone and how much can you afford.If you are a Christian or Moslem your communities around here can help you once you approach the leadership(dnt meet an member alone oh) sometimes you might even find those willing to share or those with a flat rent you a room.
I know I havent helped much but most times you need to come in and stay around with someone and decide where you want to settle

28 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 1stdeolaw(m): 10:09am On Nov 11, 2013
Thanks Here. You have really encouraged me well. I will contact people I know in Abuja as suggested.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by dasparrow: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2013
1st.deolaw:
I will make more earnings in Abuja compared lagos but the fear of spending worries me. I will earn double of my ends as at now.
Please what about business opportunities in Abuja?

The business opportunities in Abuja are not better than what you will get in Lagos because Lagos has an even larger population than Abuja. Also, you can't just open a business anywhere in Abuja because authorities will just come and dismantle everything and chase you away. It seems like they want Abuja to be a rich man's city only with the way I see things going. I will only recommend Abuja if you have a job that pays at least 80,000 naira a month because rent, transportation costs and feeding are very expensive in Abuja. So rethink about your plan to move to Abuja carefully.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 1stdeolaw(m): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2013
dasparrow:

The business opportunities in Abuja are not better than what you will get in Lagos because Lagos has an even larger population than Abuja. Also, you can't just open a business anywhere in Abuja because authorities will just come and dismantle everything and chase you away. It seems like they want Abuja to be a rich man's city only with the way I see things going. I will only recommend Abuja if you have a job that pays at least 80,000 naira a month because rent, transportation costs and feeding are very expensive in Abuja. So rethink about your plan to move to Abuja carefully.

Thanks. I knew the business opportunities in Abuja would never be compared to lagos. I just don't want to depend mainly on a source of income.
Also, I believe my income should be around or more than the stated amount you mentioned above. So I should survive. Just worried about savings. Indirectly, I am glad federal capital was moved away from lagos there could have been a higher standard of living.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
In general, Abuja is twice expensive than Lagos. Believe it or not.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by ifyalways(f): 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
My personal believe is : if you can survive lagos, you can survive anywhere.

16 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
honey86: Abuja in my opinion is too expensive for those who are just starting life. please stay back in lagos. Accommodation, transport and food stuffs is do expensive unless you want to be going to the outskirts to shop.

I think Abuja is better than lagos. At least not everyone in Abuja is rich but Lagos is just damn too stressful.

12 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Olugbenger(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by FoxyOsamadeen(m): 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
I will tell you all you need to know just add me up with ma BB pin for my signature.

But all in all, the security in Abuja is owk.. Way better than Lasgidi if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by youngice(m): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
I must say this. WTF is this doing on fp,btw guy move to abj cuz business oppurnities there are too much ,im relocating there after service,but u must sabi person

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
1st.deolaw:
Please guys I need your advice and information.
I am a young man planning on relocating to Abuja from Lagos. I am still trying to be upright financially (not financially strong. Main reason for my relocation).
I would like to know:
1. The cost of renting a self-contained apartment (small size o).
2. How high food stuffs are.
3. Cost of transportation around town.
4. Secuirity strenght .
Thank you as your help a brother/son
IMHO, I think you should at least make sure you have a job or even prospect of a job before leaving to go all the way to Abj.
If you go at least set out 200k for the first 3 months so that in case you don't have a job yet, you will still be able to live. Abj is an expensive city so don't leave Lagos without a serious plan on what you want to do.
A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
guy, except you have a job waiting for you or you have LOYAL friends that are ready to support you in settling down to abuja life, you better stay put in lagos

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by jamp: 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
Bros u can survive. I told myself in 2005(when I came for NYSC) that if okada men,meruwa etc can survive then me a graduate must survive.
To the glory of God am still in Abuja.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by atlwireles: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
ifyalways: My personal believe is : if you can survive lagos, you can survive anywhere.

You have said it all.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by adesegun121(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2013

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Polio: 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
Goodluck.. That is all i can say!
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by gidson12(m): 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
Abuja is a town you can hit goldmine over night, it has great possibilities if only you know how to husstle and never be discouraged, if you are running your own bussiness try to package it and give it the tightest suave and finesse you can, you will be good, and more so try to connect with people anywhere preach your skills as you go....
that is all you need.

one more thing, don't relocate to Abuja with the aim of depending on anybody, unless OYO go be your name, the town is too expensive for people to keep caring for your a.ss

thank you

8 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by creativemusic: 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
first make sure you have an assured source of income or accommodation before coming. I'll let other people comment before speaking further.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by CHIMSKY(m): 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
1st.deolaw:

Thanks. You have increased the fear in me.
Na true the guy dey tell you.
Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by 2rutalk1: 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
ifyalways: My personal believe is : if you can survive lagos, you can survive anywhere.
Spot on! I have spent a few months in Abuja and over 6 years in Lagos. Any creature be it human or animal that can survive in Lagos can survive anywhere in the world even in terms of income and expenditure. Somebody mentioned Suleja and other areas around Abuja that have lower cost of rent. People in Abuja see Suleja as being very far from Abuja main town, hence high cost of transportation and much stress. But places with far distance like Sango Ota, Okokomaiko, Agbara to Lagos Island is more than twice the distance from Suleja to Abuja, yet some Abuja residents regard such journey (Suleja to Abuja) as far and stressful. When people say Abuja is too expensive compared to Lagos they should equally take cognizance of the part of Abuja and part of Lagos in question. If a room and parlour self-contain in Abuja costs about 300-400k, we should also consider the price of similar apartment in a place like Victoria Island, Ikoyi, VGC etc.

16 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by Egbagirl(f): 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2013
youngice: I must say this. WTF is this doing on fp,btw guy move to abj cuz business oppurnities there are too much ,im relocating there after service,but u must sabi person
\

but why so bitter though? Dude is asking the house for advice (FP reaches a wider audience). Abeg calm down bro. no be fight. thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by cyril10(m): 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2013
My advice to you is that you should not go to high brow places to look for accommodation, instead go to places like gwagwalada, kubwa, kuje or any other satellite towns. Houses there are affordable the food stuff there are cheap enough

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Abuja From Lagos by ichidodo: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
O.p you will love Abuja with its cool ambience and pedestrian lifestyle.Abuja is a growing city and as such people come in here to put down roots big, small, rich or poor. You are welcome

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Airport: Immigration Imposes $90 Visa-on-arrival Charge On Foreigners / “Unidentified Flying Object” (UFO) Causes Panic In Benin, Edo State / How To Scare Nigerians In The US (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.