Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Lessons From A Brand Called "Lionel Messi" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lessons From A Brand Called "Lionel Messi" (812 Views)

30 Life Lessons From Alibaba Founder & Chinese Billionaire Jack Ma / Get A Brand New Laptop For #14,000 At Your Doorstep / A Brand New Honda Diesel Generator 12.5kva For Sale In Festac From London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons From A Brand Called "Lionel Messi" by dlawale(m): 8:02am On Nov 11, 2013
LESSONS FROM A BRAND CALLED "LIONEL MESSI"

At the age of 10, Messi faced a major threat to his soccer career; he had a growth hormone deficiency. This deficiency would limit his ability to cope with the physical demands of football.

Messi desperately needed growth hormones or risk his growth being stumped at 4ft 7in. Moreso, his father's health insurance was limited and couldn't cover the expensive treatment.

The story changed when Barcelona offered to pay for the hormone treatment in return for Messi signing for them at the age of 13.

Now, Messi is scoring, Barcelona is winning lots of games and both Messi and Barca are happy brands

LESSONS
1. People that invest in you while you are potential are very strategic to your life, future and destiny.
2. Make sure your deal is legally backed up to the tilt. Some get successful and forget the ladder that took them there. Seal the deal properly. Maximize your investment, don't forget, it's your investment. Money changes people, so have the foresight of milking your investment properly
3. With regards the corporate world, great employers MUST know how to see and mine the gold in their employees. There's a thin line between making it and not making it. It' called "Risk". Don't operate with the mindset that investing properly in your staff could mean training your future competition, or enhancing some1 that may leave you for another organisation. Small minds think that way.
4.In marriage, DON'T just complain about your husband or wife's weakness, invest in your spouse so as to reap the dividends yourself in the future.
5. Every one on earth has a greed. Sometimes its shocking but the multi-millionaire and billionaire will still want to wrestle you for a seven figure amount even when you made them an immediate 9 figure amount and a potential 10 figure amount after some years. Hmm, I'm talking from experience here. Be nice in business but ruthless with agreements. Money changes the voice notes of people. I politely conclude: The Billionaire is just another greedy person with excess money. They don't mind collecting your 50k. Shocking right..
6. There is a helper to every skill/gift/talent you carry. Never be hard headed with your gift/skill/talent thinking you'll negotiate equal percentage with an investor. You both need one another but the truth is you need the investor more than he needs you. Sometimes you have to be foolish enough in agreeing to be exploited for a season. Let them enhance your brand. That's all you need in life: "Brand enhancement." You can take off later on your own after expiration of agreement.
7. DO NOT sign the FULLNESS of your life over in agreements. Sign just a part over.... Lol. 
8. Record Breakers often look deficient in the beginning. In fact, most times they don't look like it at all... Messi didn't look like a living legend with his deficiency; Michael Jordan couldn't even make his school team; Dr Ben Carson was often rated the school dummy; Margaret Thatcher was regarded as a brand from the weaker sex; Our own Dame Patience Jonathan has some honorary Degrees/awards educated eggheads are craving for; Michael Jackson made a mistake with his zip being down and created a legendary dance move out of it; Mother Theresa, a woman without means raised huge funds round the world for the less priviledged. In fact,her death was well celebrated that 2 nations argued about her roots and where to bury her. I wonder who will argue about you when you leave this earth..

I'm not a Martin Luther King Jnr, but I too have a dream. I have a dream that one day, some day, people will realise that there is more to life than Money, husband/wife, posh cars,houses, your church, your mosque... If that was all there was to life, then 'MAN' must have been a "failed experiment."
There is more to your Brand than you've encountered. Find Purpose.... Ponder and feel free to share.

Your friend Next door
David Lawale
239015A6
Re: Lessons From A Brand Called "Lionel Messi" by ProfGday(m): 8:46am On Nov 11, 2013
This writeup is beautifully crafted,analytically arranged,enthusiastically motivating,gramatically enriched wt good advices,practically illustrative,and logically liberating ones thinking faculty.
Thanks man.
Re: Lessons From A Brand Called "Lionel Messi" by Ademat7(m): 9:07am On Nov 11, 2013
I lov dis write up die,oga moderator! Front page I beg
Re: Lessons From A Brand Called "Lionel Messi" by Eyindboss(m): 10:47am On Nov 11, 2013
Guy u just solved sumtin 4 me
Re: Lessons From A Brand Called "Lionel Messi" by Kewt: 11:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
A nice write up!
Re: Lessons From A Brand Called "Lionel Messi" by dlawale(m): 8:12am On Nov 12, 2013
Glad I could be of some service. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

I Started My Business With N50, 000 – Agusto / Promotional Drinkware Wholesale Distributor Canada | Promotional Products / 10 Signs That You Are Meant To Be A Self-employed Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.