Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities (10495 Views)

LIVE Updates From Different Universities On ASUU Members Resumption / ASUU To Hold Congresses Monday; Takes Decision Next Saturday / Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by okelade(m): 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
wetin my dear uniosun talk? anyway I'm sure sey my lecturers no be fagabon...
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Hearme(m): 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
University of Lagos ASUU congress for today also unanimously suspended the strike. NEC meeting to hold on Wednesday.
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by OME1(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
Let's just keep observing
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Gbajabiamila1: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
Aderibigbe_AAA: Report from LASU says they voted to end the strike
Wagbayi! Oya chop knuckle!
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by paragon40(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Lecturers at the University of Jos have voted
for continuation of the on-going strike by the
Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) in
the country.
Chairman of the chapter, Dr. David Jankam
who made this known on Monday while
speaking with THE NATION shortly after the
congress of the chapter said members did not
see any substance in the dialogue with the
federal government to warrant calling off the
strike.
According to Dr Jankam, “We have just
rounded off our meeting, as a matter of fact
our members voted overwhelmingly for the
continuation of the state strike.
“I can also confirm to you that five of the eight
universities that made up the Bauchi Zone of
ASUU has also voted for continuation of the
strike, and the general saying is that the
federal government has not shown any
commitment so far.
“We started the meeting by briefing our
members on issues resolved with the federal
government in their last meeting with the
president of ASUU.
“But in responding to the briefing, our
members observed that the main issues that led
to the strike were not discussed as part of the
meeting in Aso Rock.
“As such my members said president Jonathan
is taking them for a ride by trying to divert
attention from the core subjects of the strike”
According to Dr. Jankam, “I will now convey
the resolve of our branch to our national
president in our NEC meeting scheduled for
this week. If the majority of the chapter voted
for call off, it will ne called off, but if majority
of chapters voted for continuation, so be it”
said Dr. Jankam source http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/11/latest-on-strike-we-want-ASUU-strike-to.html?m=1
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Gbajabiamila1: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Abeg wetin BOWEN and Covenant dey talk?
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by odizeey(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Uniben unijos go so hear am from fg
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Gbajabiamila1: Abeg wetin BOWEN and Covenant dey talk?
hahahaha.. Them talk say make Private universities embark on their own 4 month strike for no reason!!

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Take this post to front page
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Dubemkelly(m): 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
oluafolabi: OAU's congress is by 4 pm
Very sluggish,I know their own would linger 4 long. What happens 2 morning meeting? I taya 4 great Ife
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
In total, 6 universities are against ASUU strike call off so far, 5 from Bauchi Zone and UNIBEN.
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Dubemkelly(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Excelboi: BUK, school of ASUU chairman. I hope sey dem go support d call off oh... Gettn ready for skul even though na exam go face me.
Which semesta exam would BUK conducting if d strike is suspended?
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Dubemkelly(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Is their any university which is still on their 1st semester?
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Gbajabiamila1: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
I-am-Winner:
hahahaha.. Them talk say make Private universities embark on their own 4 month strike for no reason!!
Ah! Cos I wonder why I no hear anything from them ni...lol
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Ayluvmii(m): 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
honestly,i feel like jumping up with my two hands up........
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by ikhuoria2(m): 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
how about AAU?
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by albiol: 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Uniabuja where ASUU headquarters is what are they saying
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Ollybarbie219(f): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
otokx:

The University of Port Harcourt local chapter of ASUU voted overwhelmingly to suspend the over 4 months strike.
Yaaaaayyyy!
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by cluzdcobra(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Abeg whre re yall gettin dis updates frm ooo? ........lyk wot i'm hearin butbhw valid is d info.. ...jus curious
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by lymelyte(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
How many uni are FOR n how many are AGAINST Now? Update pls..
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Deekaydadon(m): 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
Aderibigbe_AAA: Report from LASU says they voted to end the strike

Zikite, I don see you for here.

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by sparkyfx: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
report coming from ASUU Congress UNIZIK chapter have it that ASUU UNIZIK voted for the continuation of the strike
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Deekaydadon(m): 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
[sub][/sub]
albiol: Uniabuja where ASUU headquarters is what are they saying

ASUU headquarters is actually at the University of Ibadan and they voted to end the strike.

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Deekaydadon:

Zikite, I don see you for here.

see you too. #TeamUI #TeamZik
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by wasak(m): 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dubemkelly: Is their any university which is still on their 1st semester?
BUK.. I don't feel like resuming tho cos of exams.
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
#Unconfirmed, Just filtering in. OAU has agreed to call off!.
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dubemkelly: Is their any university which is still on their 1st semester?
yes UDUS
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Halhaagy1(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
oyaaa team zik i see u all
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Adding Unizik to the equation, a total of 7 Universities so far are against the suspension of the strike.

Majority are in favour of call off tho..

#hope !
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by SirTunechi(f): 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
sparkyfx: report coming from ASUU Congress UNIZIK chapter have it that ASUU UNIZIK voted for the continuation of the strike
hahahahahahaha. Unizik chapter actually voted for the end of the strike...please stop guessing. Thanks!
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by lawrence112(m): 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hmmm uni jos vote against woo,make una help me see wahala
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by AderibigbeAAA(m): 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:

hahahahahahaha. Unizik chapter actually voted for the end of the strike...please stop guessing. Thanks!

please who should we believe now...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NOUN Admits 20,000, Pledges Quality Education / Aau Ambrose Alli University Aspirants For 2019 / 2020 / UNILAG: Girl Got Admitted On Merit Having Scored Zero In Post Utme Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.