Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities (10504 Views)

LIVE Updates From Different Universities On ASUU Members Resumption / ASUU To Hold Congresses Monday; Takes Decision Next Saturday / Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Excelboi(m): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dubemkelly:
Which semesta exam would BUK conducting if d strike is suspended?
They will be conducting their first semester exam... BUK is slow
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by eddyrymz(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
prof osayuki oshodin make u take am easy with us dis time ...d VC name dey synonymous to EXAM. still searching for PRE 572 material.omo wahala dey..
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by SirTunechi(f): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Aderibigbe_AAA:

please who should we believe now...
unizik never wanted to go on strike, but were forced by the union
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Sermwell(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
Please my belove uniben why are you breaking our hearts na? We know its gonna be exam tinz as soon as this ends! But I don't really understand this grandstanding by my dear uniben!
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by adorable29(f): 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
oluafolabi: Uniben is still the only school for now in support of the continuation of the 4 months strike.
Are you serious?! God touch their hearts na!
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
Its nt just Uniben hun... Unijos voted against calling off too
adorable29: Are you serious?! God touch their hearts na!
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by adorable29(f): 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Walahi, your stupidity came to me as a shock, always saw you as an intelligent lad. The cost of building my MAIN GATE alone would build 4 faculties in your yeye IMSU. See this local state boy dey wan form porsche for here. Ask your lecturers what business do they have to join ASUU ?.

I'm not here to trade words man, I would have ignored you but my UNIBEN has produced great men in and out of this country when compared to your backyard IMSU.

Lwtmb! Imagine comparing IMSU with UNIBEN! This is really things timed ended!

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by tjaz: 7:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
eddyrymz: prof osayuki oshodin make u take am easy with us dis time ...d VC name dey synonymous to EXAM. still searching for PRE 572 material.omo wahala dey..
eddybainzeee! U de scratch am!
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Profcamsey(m): 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Eksu mi o....still in 2012 1st semester tho. I don miss my ppu
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Quinnlee: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
wat abt uniport?
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Kaydem(m): 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
LAUTECH ooooooo...any info pls?
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by ignis: 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
FUT Minna supports that the four months old strike be brought to an end.
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nani4all(m): 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
rexbuton: guy na to start jacking oh... Five clinical courses, I neva read one! Wetin be my mat number sef ?
whch course?
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Feraz(m): 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
University of Benin, always different. Engineering students, make una go jack oh. Anderson angry angry angry no go pity una. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by urchman101(m): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
@op pls futo ASUU did not directly opt to call of strike. But they gave three demands that ought to be meet be they call off, the demands are in line with the FG and ASUU initial agreement. But assuming all the other informations are true, guess there is still hope.
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Damlesky(m): 8:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
Kaydem: LAUTECH ooooooo...any info pls?
Kaydem: LAUTECH ooooooo...any info pls?
next year guy next year. you suppose know lautech system na
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by amlos007(m): 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Lol.. No be only u.. It comes handy when I have marathon of lectures.. 3 for #50
I hail u guys eksu for life team mgt sci
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Jozeeprosper(m): 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
striker9: With this strike ehn,fajuyi park go dull die.
iworoko market women go don miss us die
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Profcamsey(m): 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jozeeprosper:
lolz....7 oclock lecture tinz.

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Jozeeprosper(m): 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
Profcamsey: lolz....7 oclock lecture tinz.
lol!yes o,and NFA for nite class
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Ijawboi(m): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
Time to start my microchips.
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Conflicting reports on the OAU thingy joor.. Would wait for official reports from newspapers.
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by drhammed: 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hw sure are U abt dis info
oluafolabi: OAU didn't gree oo.. sad
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by MyMouth(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
paragon40: Lecturers at the University of Jos have voted
for continuation of the on-going strike by the
Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) in
the country.
Chairman of the chapter, Dr. David Jankam
who made this known on Monday while
speaking with THE NATION shortly after the
congress of the chapter said members did not
see any substance in the dialogue with the
federal government to warrant calling off the
strike.
According to Dr Jankam, “We have just
rounded off our meeting, as a matter of fact
our members voted overwhelmingly for the
continuation of the state strike.
“I can also confirm to you that five of the eight
universities that made up the Bauchi Zone of
ASUU has also voted for continuation of the
strike, and the general saying is that the
federal government has not shown any
commitment so far.
“We started the meeting by briefing our
members on issues resolved with the federal
government in their last meeting with the
president of ASUU.
“But in responding to the briefing, our
members observed that the main issues that led
to the strike were not discussed as part of the
meeting in Aso Rock.
“As such my members said president Jonathan
is taking them for a ride by trying to divert
attention from the core subjects of the strike”
According to Dr. Jankam, “I will now convey
the resolve of our branch to our national
president in our NEC meeting scheduled for
this week. If the majority of the chapter voted
for call off, it will ne called off, but if majority
of chapters voted for continuation, so be it”
said Dr. Jankam source http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/11/latest-on-strike-we-want-ASUU-strike-to.html?m=1

am nt surp?rise, those our yeye unserious Lecturers would nt want to resume, always d 1st to go on any strike and last to resume. Smh
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Damlesky(m): 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jozeeprosper:
Jozeeprosper:
Profcamsey: lolz....7 oclock lecture tinz.
Jozeeprosper:
amlos007: I hail u guys eksu for life team mgt sci
Abeg make we hear word joor. carry ur silly talk commot for here

2 Likes

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Jozeeprosper(m): 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
Damlesky:
eiya,it's evident someone is hurt here................... Pele o! no go hug transformer sha
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by AderibigbeAAA(m): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
OAU support suspension of strike
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Geestunnar(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jozeeprosper:
Awon ti OAU, I see u guyz
Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Johnfavour(m): 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Damlesky:
hope u r not offended.....i can c u r sad 2 go bak 2 skul bcoz of ur G.P. it cant flash mtn

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by Johnfavour(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Geestunnar:
Awon ti OAU, I see u guyz
iworoko 4 OAU ke?.....m i high?

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by kolidave: 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Awon ti Eksu,I sight una oooo. I rep EKSU. #chickenlovers

1 Like

Re: Updates From ASUU Congresses In Different Universities by abfan(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
Barring a last-minute change, the National
Executive Committee of ASUU will at its
meeting on Wednesday night suspend the
lingering ASUU strike to allow public
university students to return to their classes
as reports from the various local congresses
of the union today has shown.
Campus Times gathered that at the
University, members of ASUU in the
University who have been front-liners in the
industrial action today accepted the new
offer from the FG and voted that the strike
be suspend. Other Universities that have so
far voted for the suspension of the
industrial action are Ahmadu Bello
University, Zaria, Uthman Dan Fodio
University Sokoto, Federal University of
Technology MINNA, and the University of
Lagos. Others are, the University of Calabar,
Federal University of Technology Akure, and
Ekiti State University. As of Press time, only
the University of Benin has refused to yield
to the call that the 4-month old ASUU strike
be suspended.
It will be recall the the Academic Staff Union
of Nigeria Universities (ASUU) has on 1 July,
2013 embarked on an indefinite strike to
put pressure on the FG to implement the
2009 agreement it entered into with the
Union.
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?
p=131541

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jamb 2015/2016 Cutoff Mark Is Out / Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4Billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs / Any G E J's Students On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.