Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Your Advice On Piggery Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Your Advice On Piggery Business (3107 Views)

Piggery House Construction Design Details / Which Is Profitable Between Poultry And Piggery Farming? / Make A Living With Piggery Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Advice On Piggery Business by Davidelect15: 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Please I need some usefull info. on pggery business. What is the best value of capital to start with and what will be its profit. Also, as a student, how long will everything be making profit.
These are all I need:
which breed to go for (the approx number of offspring to be expecting from a Female and how many time will a female gv birth in a year)
the feeding cost, if I'l be expecting a higher outcome.
How much care will it receive from me as a student?
To have a reasonable gross profit, how many of male and female do you think I can start with?
And lastly for now, the marketing. Supposing I want to sell like 50-150 pigs @ a time, where can I get the market.
Thanks
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Davidelect15: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
please your view is very urgently needed. Thanks
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
I'm also researching on piggery. You may visit this site for info and u may also ask question or better still. Attend live training or purchase ebook: http://no1pigfan./
Disclaimer: I have no relationship whatsoever with the owner of the site. I got to know about them while browsing.
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by henrimoto(m): 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
obasy09: I'm also researching on piggery. You may visit this site for info and u may also ask question or better still. Attend live training or purchase ebook: http://no1pigfan./
Disclaimer: I have no relationship whatsoever with the owner of the site. I got to know about them while browsing.
what is the disclaimer for ? you only ask him to check out the site which has the info he is looking for
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Davidelect15: 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
Its ok... I'll check it
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by knowledge4(m): 10:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Come to Okearo Pig Farm, one of the largest in Africa.
It was set up by the Lagos State Government in the 1980s
You can get a pig pen to rent at N500.00 to N1000.00 per month
You can set up with a male and four females.
A matured female can give birth twice in a year and can deliver 6 to 12 babies in each delivery.

1 Like

Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by dlion: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
Where is Okearo Pig Farms?
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Davidelect15: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
Thanks for the reply. Theres no pro. on the isue of Pen. I only wanna knw the cost of raring 5female piglets to reproduction. Also, costs and advice on varieties... For how long wl it take them to start givn birth. Thanks... Please I need reply 4rm expert with photos if possible
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by wealthinfos(m): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
You can give Snail Farming a trial. Its a business just anyone can do from the comfort of thier home and on part time bases with high profit potential.

Grab it here: www.snailfarmingng..com

I will see you @ the top!
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Lawmann: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr snail,this thread is not for snail farming.if you have nothing to say on pig farming,kindly look elsewhere..many laptop farmers on naira land.op,if you need realizable information on piggery, please go to joke aro farm.please,be careful coz we have many laptop farmers on naira land.they sell eBook on what they know nothing about.God bless you

1 Like

Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Sunglow: 9:28am On Nov 20, 2013
Davidelect15: Please I need some usefull info. on pggery business. What is the best value of capital to start with and what will be its profit. Also, as a student, how long will everything be making profit.
These are all I need:
which breed to go for (the approx number of offspring to be expecting from a Female and how many time will a female gv birth in a year)
the feeding cost, if I'l be expecting a higher outcome.
How much care will it receive from me as a student?
To have a reasonable gross profit, how many of male and female do you think I can start with?
And lastly for now, the marketing. Supposing I want to sell like 50-150 pigs @ a time, where can I get the market.
Thanks
Go to this site WWW.smallstarter.com.Theres a woman who talked about her pig business and how she started.It will inspire you.NB:Its not my blog o"I too stumbled on it when I was surffing the net for my YOUWIN business ideas.All the best!!!!
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Sunglow: 9:32am On Nov 20, 2013
dlion: Where is Okearo Pig Farms?
Ogun state.just Google it and you will get the exact location.
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by henrimoto(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
http://no1pigfan./

here is another site that can give you the info you are searching for.
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
henrimoto: http://no1pigfan./

here is another site that can give you the info you are searching for.

@henrimoto...........Hope you will teach me how to rare pigs in the palace... grin cheesy grin
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by henrimoto(m): 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
ogakpatakpata:

@henrimoto...........Hope you will teach me how to rare pigs in the palace... grin cheesy grin
honourable igwee of the encouragement cathedral... igweeee, hmnn...
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
henrimoto: honourable igwee of the encouragement cathedral... igweeee, hmnn...

l want to learn how to rare pigs in the palace, so try and tell me the A,B,C,D of piggery.lol grin cheesy grin
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by henrimoto(m): 12:27am On Nov 21, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

l want to learn how to rare pigs in the palace, so try and tell me the A,B,C,D of piggery.lol grin cheesy grin
but igweee, they dont rear pigs in dubai/uae naw... abi, do they ? lol...
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 21, 2013
henrimoto: but igweee, they dont rear pigs in dubai/uae naw... abi, do they ? lol...

l will start it privately, as soon as you give me all the infos, l will start a pig farm and a pig pepper soup joint in the palace.. grin cheesy grin
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Davidelect15: 10:09am On Nov 26, 2013
I appreciat u all for ur posts... Do u guys knw where the pig poultry is located @ okearo so dt u can help me to get some usefl info. 'cos I live far from Ogun state. Pls I need ds info b4 ASUU resume strike.
The breed varieties, costs, caring, maintanance, vaccination, market, enviroment, and many other info.
You can reach me to 08061274388, or to remmysky2010@gmail.com
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by femiseun1: 11:01am On Nov 26, 2013
Which Area do u stay in Lagos? if Okearo is too far. Then there is another one in Gberigbe in ikorodu.. The Okearo Piggery estate is the largest. Just go to any of them and make your enquiries.

Bus From Ikeja ----> Pen Cinema Agege ---->Iju Ishaga -----> Okearo ---> Take a bike to the piggery estate

or

Bus From Ikeja ----> Pen Cinema Agege ----> Okearo ---> Take a bike to the piggery estate
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by djdroydakkount: 1:17am On Nov 27, 2013
Hmm, pig business! Really profitable business, if u really mean it. I think dey take 6 months 2 produce and D Okearo pig farm termd z 1 of d largest in Africa stil doesn't meet d demand for pork only talkless of oda by-products and export. I think ur best bet z 2 visit d farm urself 2 knw wat u r gettin into. Most of d questns u askd here r available if only u'll put google 2 gud use.
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Davidelect15: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thanks to u all
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Austinmoor(m): 2:43am On Dec 01, 2013
Be trained by experts call 08030802013
Re: Your Advice On Piggery Business by Davidelect15: 6:56am On Dec 03, 2013
I have done alot asking questiion from experts, I'll also want to have some your views here. I have seen various pig pens made of: wood, iron net, blocks, even with some building a complete house for them. Which one of the above mentioned do you think would be appropriate for jus a starter like me..... Also, any of your advice on choosing pig pen will be well considered.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers / Catfish Farming Basics / Poultry Battery Cage(imported premium Type).08057714990

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.