Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

My Thoughts On NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Thoughts On NYSC (772 Views)

A16 Pcms Raining Curses On NYSC (funny Tweets) / B15 Corps Members Verify Your Details On Nysc Website + Treatment of Complaints / Please I Need Your Advice On NYSC Redeployment/relocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On NYSC by ofilispeaks(m): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
We marshal our top graduates from all across the nation and then we put them in a camp where things barely work and call it a national orientation. I take that back...mandatory national orientation - where our graduates are mandated to live in substandard conditions, get yelled at and shouted at by soldiers, and are made to put up with all sorts of deplorable conditions in hot over-crowded rooms, with toilets that barely work...that is, if there are toilets at all, in which case our top graduates are probably slinging shit over the wall. And we call in national orientation - orientation to what? SHIT?

Re: My Thoughts On NYSC by dasparrow: 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
@Post

Well said Ofili. NYSC can be likened to slavery.
Re: My Thoughts On NYSC by Infomizer(m): 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
ofilispeaks: We marshal our top graduates from all across the nation and then we put them in a camp where things barely work and call it a national orientation. I take that back...mandatory national orientation - where our graduates are mandated to live in substandard conditions, get yelled at and shouted at by soldiers, and are made to put up with all sorts of deplorable conditions in hot over-crowded rooms, with toilets that barely work...that is, if there are toilets at all, in which case our top graduates are probably slinging shit over the wall. And we call in national orientation - orientation to what? SHIT?
Well said bro! The orientation thingy to me has been a blessing tho'. Everything I am today (and thus, will be), started taking shape from my first day on camp. That day was the first day of the rest of my life.
Good to see you on NL (we've got each other's backs on Twitter)!!

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On NYSC by ofilispeaks(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Thanks @Infomizer trying to create a more permanent home on nairaland. grin
Re: My Thoughts On NYSC by Infomizer(m): 6:09am On Nov 12, 2013
ofilispeaks: Thanks @Infomizer trying to create a more permanent home on nairaland. grin
It's a great abode. But it always reminds me of einstein's assertion that stu.pid.ity is quite abundant in the universe. There are smart and knowledgeable people here, and there are 'others'. wink
Enjoy your stay buddy!
Re: My Thoughts On NYSC by honsule(m): 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Well said Ofili. NYSC can be likened to slavery.

If u serve in Boko Haram enclave like Damaturu,Borno,etc I did my service in Yobe state Damaturu.The weather so harsh,couple with Boko Haram menace.Gun shots sound daily over there is normal

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto State Governor To Review Corps Members' Allowance / Zamfara State B'15 Let's Meet Here / Niger State Nysc #b15 Stream 2.lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.