Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

5 Digit Sms Shortcode - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Digit Sms Shortcode (4158 Views)

Any Nigeria Sms Service With 2-way Sms&shortcode. Api Included. / Sms Shortcode Business Needed / Urgent: Sms Shortcode Web Application Programmer Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

5 Digit Sms Shortcode by damhadji(m): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2008
Hello people,
can anyone tell me how to acquire a 5 digit SMS shortcode that can be accessed by all gsm suscribers [ eg 35855 for quizline].i have some expensive manuals i'ld like to give to interested nigerian populace.i want the registration for these materials to be via this SMS shortcode. the question is, do i have to go to these gsm service providers for this service or there are software companies that can render these service.please if you have any information, kindly reply this post or mail meat damhadji@yahoo.com.thank you
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by logica(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2008
Do a search for the company called VANSO Nigeria Limited. They provide infrastructure for SMS based applications. They should be able to help you.
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by damhadji(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2008
ok i'll check it out. thanks man
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by LA4: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2008
have u not heard about TAVIA? www.taviatech.com.ng, they have wat u need
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by joomlaman(m): 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2010
@damhadji,
What you need is a GSM Short code! And I think you should have a
good understanding of how it works by download the guide from this link: http://bintacomputers.com/umar/GSM_Short_Codes.pdf

Enjoy!
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by doncigalo: 2:20am On Nov 16, 2010
wot of a USSD short codes like the ones we use for topping up e.g *123#. How does one go about applying for one ?
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by joomlaman(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2010
Please tell me what you want to use it for and I will guide you accordingly. However download this two documents I think they will help solve ur Short code problems:
Link 1: http://www.bintacomputers.com/umar/IMPORTANTGSMCODES.pdf
Link 2: http://www.bintacomputers.com/umar/GSM_Short_Codes.pdf

Enjoy!
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by IVORY2009(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2010
Am intrested in the sms short code for a business as well, my question is how long does it take to get one.

Thanks
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by joomlaman(m): 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2010
IVORY2009:

Am intrested in the sms short code for a business as well, my question is how long does it take to get one.

Thanks

@IVORY2009, It takes 2 to 3 weeks to set up a shortcode service. Download this file for details: http://bintacomputers.com/umar/ShortCode%20Quote.pdf
Enjoy!
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by kanirip: 1:22am On Dec 01, 2010
doncigalo:

wot of a USSD short codes like the ones we use for topping up e.g *123#. How does one go about applying for one ?

These are provided on a network-to-network basis and I don't believe network would easily sell you any access to their USSD Platform ( as this is part of the very core of the network) unless they are strongly associated with your business. In short you go need serious long leg make you get USSD short code for ANY network. SMS Short codes are much more preferable as they are handled differently from USSDs.

damhadji:

Hello people,
can anyone tell me how to acquire a 5 digit SMS shortcode that can be accessed by all gsm suscribers [ eg 35855 for quizline].i have some expensive manuals i'ld like to give to interested nigerian populace.i want the registration for these materials to be via this SMS shortcode. the question is, do i have to go to these gsm service providers for this service or there are software companies that can render these service.please if you have any information, kindly reply this post or mail meat damhadji@yahoo.com.thank you

I am guessing you can implement this by going to Operators as well as getting these short codes from 3rd Parties(I am not sure there are any 3rd parties that provide SMS shortcodes to ALL Networks , most will provide to some but not ALL). Both routes will be costly and will require a fair amount of maintenance ability from yourself but I ma guessing you know that already.
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by IVORY2009(m): 11:48am On Dec 01, 2010
joomlaman:

@IVORY2009, It takes 2 to 3 weeks to set up a shortcode service. Download this file for details: http://bintacomputers.com/umar/ShortCode%20Quote.pdf
Enjoy!

@Joomlaman~ Thanks for the information, I did sent a mail to Binta computers, 4 days ago and I hv not gotten a reply.
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by joomlaman(m): 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2010
IVORY2009:

@Joomlaman~ Thanks for the information, I did sent a mail to Binta computers, 4 days ago and I hv not gotten a reply.

@IVORY2009, are u the owner of "stevemcstone2@gmail.com" ? Then something is wrong with the address.
The reply keep bouncing back after sending.

If u are not owner of the above email address then kindly resend ur request. Thanks
Re: 5 Digit Sms Shortcode by skytelcom: 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2011
need a short code that works . check here

(1)

Microsoft Releases Windows 8 For Public Testing / Openvz VPS For Only $1 Dollar Per Month! || KVM VPS For Only $5 Per Month / How I Hacked Ecobank Online Banking Scam Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.