Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! (2316 Views)

Fayose Attacks Buhari Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Daily Sun(pic) / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet / Why We Dont Need Buhari Now And Maybe Later. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Sirniyeh(m): 7:47am On Nov 12, 2013
This is an account of why Buhari has to be considered to rebuild this nation, to revive it from the vampires.
In August 1984, Buhari was on one of his meet-the- people nationwide tours, which he began as soon as the administration got on its feet. Everywhere he went, the people embraced him, coming out en mass and ushering him tumultuous cheers and unreserved applause.
After the tour, his first mission was to cut down on government expenses. Then the federal work force concurrent expenditure was cut by 40% by Buhari and imports for 1984 pegged at 4 billion pounds (mostly on basic foodstuffs, spare parts, and raw materials for local industries), against 14 billion pounds spent in 1983.
To ensure that Nigeria remained respectable on the international business world, Buhari committed to honoring Nigeria’s debt payment schedule irrespective of the limited earning potential of Nigeria.
To this effect, Nigeria proposed borrowing 1.795m naira to finance its capital project from the IMF. In order to qualify for the loan, IMF gave Nigeria certain conditions which must be met. In 1984 when the naira exchanged for $1.34, the IMF demanded a minimum of 60% devaluation of it. Buhari refused, agreeing only to a "crawling peg"—a mechanism whereby government would realign the currency gradually, forestalling or minimizing economic and social dislocations because of such drastic devaluation of its currency.
In addition to the devaluation of the naira, IMF demanded that government took other drastic actions:
(a) The government must remove its subsidy on petroleum.
(b) It must curtail its expenditure.
(c) Government must rationalize its tariff structures.
(d) It must put a freeze on its wages.
(e) It must put a total end of non- statutory transfers to State governments,
(f) Government must at least institute a 30% raise on interest rates—government resisted this because the decline in its revenue earnings and its debt obligations made it almost impossible to raise interest rates without triggering inflation.
For rejecting the IMF conditions and the loan, the Buhari administration got into the black book of Washington. Already, it had earned the dislike of 10 Downing Street for cutting down Nigeria’s imports from the UK by about 350%. In any case, without the IMF loan, government was still in a bind as to how to finance capital projects and pay for imports, especially spare parts for local industries, food items, etc. At this juncture, the administration sent Oil Minister Tam David West to OPEC to seek a raise in the quantity of oil that Nigeria could export. If OPEC agreed, Nigeria would expect to generate extra revenue in the long run from any increase of its oil quota and this would assist tremendously in augmenting the shortfall in the nation’s purse. Professor West came back empty handed—the US and Britain had put pressure on their puppets in OPEC (like Saudi Arabia) to refuse Nigeria’s request. (West Africa, May 14, 1984).
Experience matters, lets give Buhari a second chance and witness miraculous transformations in all ramifications.
Vote Buhari

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Sirniyeh(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2013
It was during IBB regim that Naira exchange rate collapsed and we started paying N2 for $1. All because Gen Babangida accepted what Buhari rejected from IMF.
Now the likes of IBB flocks PDP. Can you see the reason Buhari must be tried again. Lets shun tribalism

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 12, 2013
Good job @OP

Buhari's integrity and capacity to fight for this Nation against the rampaging and bullish style of the western power broker is not in doubt at all when compared to those who will lie on the floor and get trampled by IMF,World Bank stifling economic policies

Sai Buhari
One Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by eggheaders(m): 8:24am On Nov 12, 2013
Sai buhari, school the children of the 90's abeg...

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 12, 2013
cool cool
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Pataki: 9:47am On Nov 12, 2013
With Buhari, I dare to dream of a better Nigeria.

A Nigeria, I can proudly show my passport anywhere in the world.

A Nigeria, that I can be proud to tell my kids, that they should be proud of.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by vizboy(m): 10:32am On Nov 12, 2013
laughs and falls from keke napep
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Gamji007: 10:46am On Nov 12, 2013
vizboy: laughs and falls from keke napep, and then hit by a truck
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by WildChild00(m): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2013
[size=18pt] If Gen Buhari can move away frm those corrupt politicians by way of joining another political party, "We" are ready to mobilize 30 million votes for him. [/size]
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 12, 2013
Great job op, i hope the villagers read this and digest what nigeria was under a great leader while the were still hanging out on palm trees
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2013
WildChild00: [size=18pt] If Gen Buhari can move away frm those corrupt politicians by way of joining another political party, "We" are ready to mobilize 30 million votes for him. [/size]
Where were you in 2003 and 2007 when he was running as a lone ranger, did you mobilise for him or were still in the village? It takes a Crook to beat another, the hard lesson buhari has lent is Nigerians love crooks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2013
Pataki: With Buhari, I dare to dream of a better Nigeria.

A Nigeria, I can proudly show my passport anywhere in the world.

A Nigeria, that I can be proud to tell my kids, that they should be proud of.
that dream is nearly here bro and i would say then to my kids how i was part of the change.
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by WildChild00(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2013
Obiagelli:
Where were you in 2003 and 2007 when he was running as a lone ranger, did you mobilise for him or were still in the village? It takes a Crook to beat another, the hard lesson buhari has lent is Nigerians love crooks.

[size=18pt] Absolutely, Now that our eyes have seen, ear heard, we are now prepared to test a non tested fellow "democracy" and that is Gen Buhari, but it so unfortunate dat he is vicissitudes with corrupt politicians. [/size]
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 12, 2013
Obiagelli:
Yes o! Jesus dined and wined with thieves,adulterers and all types of sinners yet he was not influenced by them. He still remained the saviour of the world. If Buhari decides to make friends with alleged crooks and thieves,its no one's business. He still remains an incorruptible man.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by gregg2: 11:24am On Nov 12, 2013
Buhari is as weak as woman.
Gen Tunde Idiagbon was the disciplined type.
Buhari without Idiagbon is like a car without engine

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 12, 2013
WildChild00:

[size=18pt] Absolutely, Now that our eyes have seen, ear heard, we are now prepared to test a non tested fellow "democracy" and that is Gen Buhari, but it so unfortunate dat he is vicissitudes with corrupt politicians. [/size]

i hear you, little too late

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2013
Another Buhari wasted thread?
Count me out!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2013
berem: Yes o! Jesus dined and wined with thieves,adulterers and all types of sinners yet he was not influenced by them. He still remained the saviour of the world. If Buhari decides to make friends with alleged crooks and thieves,its no one's business. He still remains an incorruptible man.
perfectly put sis, the end justifies the means
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2013
gregg2: Buhari is as weak as woman.
Gen Tunde Idiagbon was the disciplined type.
Buhari without Idiagbon is like a car without engine
i guess it was idiagbon was his deputy minister of petroleum when he built refineries, he was also buhari's deputy at the PTF.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2013
noblezone: Another Buhari wasted thread?
Count me out!
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by eggheaders(m): 11:52am On Nov 12, 2013
Why is my comment hidden abeg ooo oga sexkid wetin happen again.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by donphilopus: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2013
After serving 2hrs ban, I don't need to read this before knowing what to say..

Buhari without much epistle will deal with Jonathan in a free and fair election..

Anambrarians in the house, hope you are getting ready to celebrate/jubilite after Ngige is declared the winner??

Because I can't wait to see that.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Pataki: 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2013
Obiagelli:
that dream is nearly here bro and i would say then to my kids how i was part of the change.

Amen. We shall all be part of the change come 2015.

Sai Buhari!

Sai Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
In addition to the devaluation of the naira, IMF
demanded that government took other drastic actions:
(a) The government must remove its subsidy on
petroleum.
(b) It must curtail its expenditure.
(c) Government must rationalize its tariff structures.
(d) It must put a freeze on its wages.
(e) It must put a total end of non- statutory transfers
to State governments,
(f) Government must at least institute a 30% raise on
interest rates

God punish IMF, see conditions, what were supposed to gain by accepting this proposal? This is exactly how the west has enslaved Africa and ensured we remained poor. In fact God punish anybody that has put this nation in the hands of the Imf and world bank.

Recently nigeria under ngozi and the Minister of Agriculture adewunmi (the clown) approved the importation of frozen chicken from Brazil thereby killing our local farmers. Yesterday i heard they want to ban cocoa exports! Why?
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by SU37fighter: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by SU37fighter: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mscheww!!
Self-deceit is the worst.
Re: Why Nigerians Need Buhari Again! by eggheaders(m): 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
Mscheww!!
Self-deceit is the worst.

Russian warfare hardware are inferior war heads. You keep confirming the assertion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXPOSED | President Buhari’s N2.1 Billion Asokoro Mansion(photos) / Why Is The Light Situation Getting Worse??? / The Match For Biafra: Unarmed, We Faced Armoured Tanks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.