Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

TARABA CRISIS: Commotion In Taraba Assembly As House Defies Court Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TARABA CRISIS: Commotion In Taraba Assembly As House Defies Court Order (768 Views)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Taraba Assembly Adopt Resolution Empowering Deputy governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TARABA CRISIS: Commotion In Taraba Assembly As House Defies Court Order by espn(m): 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2013

The ongoing wrangling in the Taraba state House of Assembly has entered a new phase, as some of its members walked out of the hallow chamber following the refusal of the leadership of the House to respect the High Court Order restraining the House from screening the commissioner nominees.

On November 11, 2013, Monday, names of six commissioners were submitted to the House for screening by the Acting Governor, Alhaji Garba Umar, and the members collectively agreed to commence the screening exercise today by 10 a.m.

Surprise came when the screening which was scheduled for 10 a.m. was carried out as early as 9a.m. The action was clearly aimed at avoiding the Court Order.

When contacted, the new Speaker, Josiah Sabo Kente, denied receiving the Court Order, stating that he had not seen any court Order. He added that the reps would look into it immediately after they received it.

The members that walked out of the sitting included the former speaker, Rt. Hon. Istifanus Haruna Gbana, former deputy speaker, Abel Peter Diah, Charles Audu and Gambo Maikudi.

In their talk to the newsmen, they claimed that the Court Order was issued to them before the sitting.

"On receiving the Court Order I personally went and showed it to the speaker and advised on the need to adhere to the Order but I was surprise that he and some of the members still went ahead and conducted the screening," the former speaker said.

In the same vein, Haruna Gbana said he went the extra mile to show the speaker copy of the Court Order that was served him by the court bailiff. This copy has been probably manhandled by the speaker and his aides.

Efforts by LEGISREPORTS to get the bailiff's reaction yielded positive results as he narrates his oldies on how he was ordered by the speaker to be bundled out of the premises of the House of Assembly.

The bailiff, Markus Gaddas, narrated the following on reaching the House of Assembly:

"I asked of the clerk but was I was informed that he is not around, so I then asked of the speaker.

"On the arrival of the speaker, I followed him to his office but waited for him at the reception. So when he eventually came out of his office, I gave him the Order and I as well showed him my I.D. card but he pushed me away.

"I have never for once been disgraced in such a way," the bailiff, who was visibly dejected following the inhuman treatment melted on him by the number three citizen of the state, concluded.

As that was not enough, someone else according to him "came out and said that the speaker said I should be bundle out of the premises of the House of Assembly" the directive, which according to him was immediately carried out, as he was carried shoulder high out of the premises.

"I went ahead to display the Order on the main gate of the House of Assembly, but one of the policemen came and pushed me and then tore the Orders into pieces," Markus Gaddas said.

The said Order which was signed by the Chief Judge of High Court Four, Ali Ibrahim Andeyangtso, as observed by LEGISREPORTS, seeks to halt the Defendants from approving the appointment of commissioners pending the hearing and determination of the plaintiff motion on notice.
Re: TARABA CRISIS: Commotion In Taraba Assembly As House Defies Court Order by espn(m): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
Bunch of criminals..educated touts!
Re: TARABA CRISIS: Commotion In Taraba Assembly As House Defies Court Order by omenka(m): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Take out the "L" in the word "defiles" and your topic would make more sense. I wonder who taught some of you guys english. Smh.
Re: TARABA CRISIS: Commotion In Taraba Assembly As House Defies Court Order by espn(m): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Common sense should tell u it was copy and paste and if @ all ders an error..u should know it was a typographical error..its just common sense..always apply it..
Re: TARABA CRISIS: Commotion In Taraba Assembly As House Defies Court Order by espn(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2013
omenka: Take out the "L" in the word "defiles" and your topic would make more sense. I wonder who taught some of you guys english. Smh.
Common sense should tell u it was copy and paste and if @ all ders an error..u should know it was a typographical error..its just common sense..always apply it..

(1) (Reply)

I Never Denied Smoking Marijuana / Protest At NDDC Office Portharcourt / Uruguay Becomes First Country In The World To Legalize Marijuana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.