Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

How To Get To Calabar State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get To Calabar State (6131 Views)

Lagos-To-Calabar Railway Line Approved By FG - Sambo / From Lagos To Calabar Is How Many Hours By Road??? / Relocating To Calabar: Any Tips? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get To Calabar State by wescoBaba: 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
Good evening everybody,pls I need your help on how to get to calabar,have not being to that state before and am planing to go there,even stay there to watch super Eagle game against Ethiopia on Saturday,am currenty in ondo state,how much is T-fee from lagos,akure,benin to calabar? which transport company is good for the state and how many hour jounery.
Also how mush is accommodation there for an average nigerian like student and pls recommend names of hotel.thanks alot
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by J0nyb0y(m): 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Calabar state??
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by wondaboi2010(m): 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2013
Please calabar is not a "state", ask my lil cousin 36 States and capital... grin grin grin
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by mooregan(m): 7:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
Bro, calabar is not a state. That aside, I have to know where u r currently so I know how to help you.
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by tpia5: 1:56am On Nov 13, 2013
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by cooldipo(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2013
Calabar is the capital city of cross river state. News I heard over a week ago is that the hotels have been booked for the duration of Eagles game. So your best bet is to look out for Corpers from your area that are serving in Calabar and you can do that through friends. You can make a Facebook post asking friends to help with accomodation in Calabar....i reside in FUTA, Akure myself and has been looking forward to visiting Obudu, Cattle Ranch myself. I have secured a free accommodation in Obudu town through a friend and facebook post towards that.....explore in the days of your youth and you can have stories to tell generations to come. I wish people can organise tours to tourist destinations in Nigeria in a corporate way. Memories of my visit to Ghana by road from AAU Akungba Akoko still lingers....then my combing of almost all available beach in Lagos state about 2 months ago still brings nostalgic feelings....I'm sorry to have personalized your thread while offering little help to your question. I just wish we can live our dreams even as Nigerian living in Nigeria
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by cooldipo(m): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2013
I just did some findings for you. From Akure, board a vehicle to Onitsha from the garage on Akure-Owo road, from Onitsha garage join another bus to Calabar. Nota Beni: Calabar is one of the farthest distance you can travel to in southeastern direction. It is closer to Bamenda in Cameroon than it is to Akure.....so brace yourself!
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by cooldipo(m): 8:46am On Nov 13, 2013
Your lucky just got luckier, I was told that there is a straight bus from Akure to Calabar.....if ASUU resumes this week, I will suggest you go to Unical and approach students for free accommodation if you are rugged enough.....or you can do 'overnight reading' in any of their lecture theatre.....goodluck!
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by calabarfirstson(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2013
U can use ABC transport or Calculux, AKTC transport. At most u wud spend 5k 2 Calabar. If u are coming from Ibadan, use Cross Country. As 4 hotel bill budget like 3k-5k (i.e the cheapest) per nite. 4 More info call me on 08063607455. I reside in Calabar.
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by upengineer: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ wascobaba

There is nothing like Calabar State, please correct that.

Let me guide you alittle.

From Akure, take a taxi to Benin Garage, from the garage, board a bus going to Onitsha. From Upper Iweka in Onitsha, board Cross Lines Bus or Peace Mass Transit but to Calabar Direct.
Go very early in the morning so as to meet the first bus going to Onitsha.
When you get to Calabar, there are hotels along Marian, Highway and eagerly. All the places i mentioned are close to the stadium. Hotel along Marian ranges between 5k to 7k. You will definatel enjoy your stay in Calabar.

For the duration of the journey, Akure to Onitsha should be around Three and half hours. Onitsha to Calabar should be around 4 hours. Hope my epistle helps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get To Calabar State by Felitsa187(f): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2016
wondaboi2010:
Please calabar is not a "state", ask my lil cousin 36 States and capital... grin grin grin
Just answer the fvking question. U sha understand Wat the OP meant. Y criticise the fact that he sed calabar state? Is that Wat u shud b focusing on or the question being asked?
Re: How To Get To Calabar State by wondaboi2010(m): 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2017
Felitsa187:

Just answer the fvking question. U sha understand Wat the OP meant. Y criticise the fact that he sed calabar state? Is that Wat u shud b focusing on or the question being asked?

I am back for you smally! I have waited for a year to come for you. You ask me to answer what fvking question

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerians In Togo? Let's Meet Here. / Can A Nigerian Enter Nigeria With Expired Passport / That Tollgate At MM Local Airport Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.