Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Olori Oko By Infinity - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olori Oko By Infinity (14985 Views)

DOWNLOAD : Waje – Oko Mi + I Wish (prod By Del B) / Infinity (olori Oko) Latest Album (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olori Oko By Infinity by layi(m): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2006
Naija has scored another 1.
I heard the song olori oko by infinity and it swept me off my feet. Shows we've not lost our creativity to hunger. Its one of the best videos i've seen recently
What do u think about the song and video
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by obirock(m): 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2006
I think the Group 'Infinity' is awesome! You just need to hear their song titled 'olori oko' for a split second and you feel that tingling sensation running down your spine.I think this song is probably the best african gospel song i've heard in ages.However,can anyone tell me where their roots are? cos their yoruba sounds like that from the benin republic.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by micklplus(m): 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2006
Yeah, that song rocks especially the proverbs they introduced to it ! i love the stlye of play ! its a very wonderful package. Instrumentation is tight and the tempo is simply sensational !
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by cammax7(m): 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2006
yea Infinity rocs. The song was simply wow!!! Do they have an album out? i have to get it
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by cayod2005(m): 7:17am On Oct 09, 2006
Hi,

I have looked all over for this CD. Can someone help in getting the CD?
The music is such a delight anytime I listen to it either on the TV or Radio.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by deb(m): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2006
Its great music. I like those guys.

The video is also cool but I would have preferred a more realistic
african setting to the studio setting they used.

Either ways, the Music is just great!
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2006
Good copycats again shocked

The south African Setting and melody could be felt throughout the track. It was okay anyway. KISWAHILI ALL D WAY!!!

They did well, and Ijodee was the man of the video.YEP, others were just transliterating some Kiswahili or Afrikaans or Zulu into woteva.

YORUBA is great, good remix all the way grin, sorry ConCept lipsrsealed

I'm being patriotic again, This is for the Awards - Kora, MTV watch out grin
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by layi(m): 9:35am On Nov 12, 2006
The album is out in the market
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by hoodboi(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2006
infinity dat bombbbbbbbb
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by gbadex1(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2006
@ Christino:

when the Bleep will Nigerians appreciate Nigerians?!! I read ur post and was dissapointed. Olori oko sounding like swahili? Wtf?! Perhaps the reason u said that sh*t was because u are not yoruba. That was a 100%, no swahili bullsh*t, Yoruba gospel song that deserves every praise given it because of its creativity, and soulfulness. It is a very soul-lifting gospel song rendered in yoruba proverbs and poetry.

Next time, settle down and find out what the song says before writing the song off.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by gbadex1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2006
Oh, one more thing. The setting was NOT a south african one!!! It was a yoruba setting, the yoruba settings for a play or song on stage in Theater Arts!! I advise u learn a thing or two about Theater Arts especially Yoruba -staged plays or songs!!!
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by bioye(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2006
Personally, I think the song and video are just ok. It reminds me of Muma Gee's song/video. The song and video are too exaggerated and that puts me off. I'll go for Lagbaja's Never Far Away song/video anyday.

This is my opinion as a positive critic.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by whaleh(m): 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2006
@ Christino
the song is doesn't have South African settings but Latin American settings.

The song is purely Yoruba and u can feel the Yoruba percussions in the background not swahili or zulu
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by smartsoft(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2006
i love the track 2 of thier song men, JESUS KNOWS IT ALL is thay bumb. infact that guy with a alotta hair on his head is a very good keyboardist will meet a long time ago at a concert  never knew they have something good like this.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2006
gbade. x:

@ Christino:

when the Bleep will Nigerians appreciate Nigerians?!! I read your post and was dissapointed. Olori oko sounding like swahili? Wtf?! Perhaps the reason u said that sh*t was because u are not yoruba. That was a 100%, no swahili bullsh*t, Yoruba gospel song that deserves every praise given it because of its creativity, and soulfulness. It is a very soul-lifting gospel song rendered in yoruba proverbs and poetry.

Next time, settle down and find out what the song says before writing the song off.

Gbade,

Did i write the song off shocked? Is it an issue with transliteration or misunderstanding, pls read my post again and don't put words into my mouth.

Yoruba,
I can sell you and buy the PH refinery, in Yoruba. I was born and raised and still reside in Lagos - Yoruba all the way. Talking about the proverbs, i don't think i heard any new one that i didn't understand. Plus i'm 100% Yoruba from Ogun State.

Now some simple questions i'll ask you?

1. Do you know Youssou n'Dour? did i hear you reflect on something u prolly heard in that song reminding u of him? (he's not S/A anyway). Talking about France 98 theme song, Diallo with Wyclef and a host of other hits.

2. Don't know if you are familiar with local Zulu/Swahili Music, Back in Kenya, I saw Local Kiswahili stage plays for months on end, and man, I know what the hell i'm talking about here.

3. Like i said, please read my posts again, I'm being patriotic and positive here, they'll win awards because it was really nice, at least if you are going to copy someone, copy well and they prolly got their inspiration from the Southerners or the Senegalese, what's bad in that anyway, most of our artistes here copy the westerners too? But if you say you are seeing/hearing most of the background effect or concept for the first time, then goodluck.

4. Theatre arts? have you seen south African theatres? Theatre effects have gone so far in SA, you've seen Big Brother, Kora Awards, Nokia face of Africa and hosts of Stage location and effects from SA, why did you have to bring that into this? Besides, many of the effects were edited as in software editing tools, not live effects.

Do you know this popular acapella group from the South (very popular guys like that?) have you seen their video clip apart from stage performances? I've hardly heard a "Local/gospel" Southern African song that's not soul lifting.

Negro please,

If everyone says Yes to an opinion then we ain't humans and we ain't saying the truth. I always join the league with less competition and that's the constructive critics - never have I totally written a human being off, never, not even on Nairaland - if you doubt it, read ALL my posts, i always say @ least one positive thing or hopeful thing about my victim(s).
Christino don't just come in to post, plus i have a right to what is my opinion, i won't attack yours either. If you don't agree with it, simply leave it. That simple - Slim easy!
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2006
For all the lovers of this "GREAT" masterpiece, you can download it within the next 6 days. It's approximately 60MB uploaded by Freddie wit.

If you need Obodo by Klint d drunk & co, holla.

http://download.yousendit.com/3C89CA901424C172 - Olori Oko by Infinity.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2006
Here is the link to where I think the dancer might be from. Ijodee, like I said there is a professional dance group and I believe this guy's from there.

Check this site out: http://www.ijodee.net/choreographer.htm

They perform on stage and have been round the world _ (I know my stuffs boy)
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by homie(f): 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2006
the first time heared the music i fell in love with it. its the best naija movie
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by nguage(m): 11:44pm On Nov 16, 2006
pls let us feel this song on youtube
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Eurphoria(f): 6:03am On Nov 21, 2006
Beautiful song and video and before you guys kill me, it reminded me of 2 South African musicals i saw in London theatres. The style in which OLori oko was sung is very much like the Zulu way. But hey! its all African and i guess we all from similar stock so who knows. Great song.

Christino you not alone in the SA influence thought so my head joins your head at the gallows lol
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by saintsam(m): 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2006
hey,wats all these am hearing about infinity from swahili or south african/zulu song.If u dont understand yoruba,then keep shot.how else do u want the stage to look like,that is a perfectly organised yoruba stage.remember that africa have similar traditions,i think thats wat is confusin us.but c'ommon guys lets give infinity an applause 4 a job well done.kudos .
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2006
saintsam:

hey,wats all these am hearing about infinity from swahili or south african/zulu song.If u don't understand yoruba,then keep shot.how else do u want the stage to look like,that is a perfectly organised yoruba stage.remember that africa have similar traditions,i think thats what is confusin us.but c'ommon guys lets give infinity an applause 4 a job well done.kudos .

@ Saint

I gave them an encore before you even heard the song sef.

I'm a yoruba to the core, no doubt it was a great song, name one original song (local or hip hop) you've heard recently or even a soundtrack and i'll give you a reference.

There's nothing original nowadays, take it or leave it!

OLORI Oko is one of the best Yoruba videos, if not the best i've seen in years. No idea's original - NAS.

@Eurphoria,

I dey feel u jare.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Modups1(f): 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2006
Hi all,
OLORIOKO is definitley a great song though i think d video is a bit strange.
Initially did not know it was a gospel song.
Can d "IJINLE" yoruba's translate
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2006
Agba ki wa loja kori omo tuntun wo - An elder won't watch things go wrong

Aisinle olongbo, l'omu eku sako - the slave becomes the boss when the master is not at home.

Aro t'oba gbon l'ogun asotele kiipa - only the wise cripple can escape a pre-dated war

Olori Oko si mbo wale - The head of the home cometh soon.(JESUS)

1 Like

Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Modups1(f): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2006
oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
a lot of proverbs in there

thanks a lot, so dats wat they were on about?
picked out a line or two here and there but couldnt still piece dem all together.

once again thanks
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Eurphoria(f): 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2006
beautiful lyrics, now i know the meaning, really good
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by saintsam(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2006
wonderful proverbs.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by layi(m): 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2007
Olori oko actually means "leader of the pack"
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by boladonas(m): 6:32pm On Jan 01, 2007
Olori oko as am art enterprise is a creative and an excellent work
But to pass it off as a christain song will be vey wrong
It has nothing xtian in it
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by layi(m): 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2007
I've heard the entire album. Only 2 good songs - olori oko & Six feet

In the book of revelation/there is warning for the nations
he that has ear/ let him hear/ what the spirit is saying,
, and who says there is nothing christian about the song? If thats not a christian song then what is?
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by tosinadeda: 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2007
Dat aint xtian?
U make me laugh
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Eurphoria(f): 7:50pm On Jan 02, 2007

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was Your Favorite Nigerian Song Of 2022? / Singer Naira Marley Biography: Net Worth, Age, House & Cars / Tupac Set To Return On September 13, 2014?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.