Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Olori Oko By Infinity - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olori Oko By Infinity (15018 Views)

DOWNLOAD : Waje – Oko Mi + I Wish (prod By Del B) / Infinity (olori Oko) Latest Album (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2007
@ Eurph,

The song is actually Christian really, and those guys are gospellers. Olori Oko in the concept of that song is Jesus, it's about the second coming of Christ.

They used conc. Yoruba Biblically oriented words like Fitila (lamp), Imole (light). . . but I tell you honestly,it's purely gospel. and the last part, the guy was most likely speaking in tongues (hope i'm right with this one).
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Eurphoria(f): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2007
Ok if you say so. ty
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Shalomze: 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2007
one more thing not added to the translations was this one I loved:

(2nd line)yiyo t'ekun yo,ki mai se t'ojo= the gentility of a tiger is not a sign of its cowardice.I'm enjoying the posts by y'all~I'm new here.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Eurphoria(f): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2007
@shalomze
enjoy away and welcome smiley
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by uchie(f): 7:11am On Jan 12, 2007
PLEASE reupload the song, thanks!
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 9:53am On Jan 12, 2007
Check

http://esnips.com/web/GrEAtfansofMusic

Some Naija downloads up for grabs, hopefully.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Olart(m): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2007
Okay Christino, now you got me seriously interested. Can you please upload the video again, I missed the 6-day ultimatum. Thanks
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by richylaw(m): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2007
Olori oko is undoubtedly a master piece deemed fit for international awards. kudos guys.
To comment on some confusing issues and argument pulled on this thread, I will like to to confirm to us all that olori oko is a gospel album with some indigenous forms of expression I mean really taken from the root - Yoruba language to be precise.It will take you some concentrated reasoning in Yoruba and poetic expression to transelate and appreciate this commended work, I can categorically say this because I have heard it over and over again and understand every bit in it's literary meaning cause I'm not just a Yoruba by birth but as well as with culture.Nonetheless I must confess that the style of the music is not Yoruba its more of an eastern / southern African musical arrangement. Don't get me wrong , it truly has a strong background with Yoruba percussions of "dundun" and "omele bata" but that style is not an indigenous Yoruba one. I am a multi-instrumentalist who plays virtually all the Yoruba percussion to a comfortable level, chant ewi,ijala and the likes and also delve into piano, sax and guitar so music,genre and style is not new or strange to me.Anyway everyone seems to be right in his or her own opinion concerning olori oko.All that is needed is for us to appreciate what is coming out of our motherland to portray our creativity to the whole world either copied or original.
By the way this olori oko guys are Nigerians and not from Benin republic as some people had believed- three of them are my very good friends so i know
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 12:24am On Jan 18, 2007
@ Olart,

I couldn't get the video file, but u can extract it from youtube using a youtube downloader:

[flash=425,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7xQqvwTV5s[/flash]

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/GrEAtfansofMusic
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Olart(m): 6:38pm On Jan 19, 2007
Thanks Christino, that was simply beautiful.
Dont have a Utube downloader though, just watched it on stream and will definitely like to watch the full video over again.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Christino(m): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2007
http://esnips.com/web/GrEAtfansofMusic

I uploaded a youtube downloader there sometime last week, or send me ur YIM so i can send it 2 u over YIM.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by JustGood(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2007
olori oko dey good
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by JustGood(m): 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2007
na head of the family
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by lalaboi(m): 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2007
my no1 gospellllllllll
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by nike4luv(f): 2:36pm On Feb 05, 2007
heard them on ait yesterday. its nice to hear christian music, which is even in your language
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by beyunce(f): 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2007
The song na die.

Just like Kirk franklins "Imagine me"
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by 2U: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2007
u could get the cd from nigeria in africa. i have the cd and the dvd with the songs. smiley
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by oyinboaja: 9:51am On Mar 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Rhema(f): 5:08am On Mar 30, 2007
Time out with  INFINITY (excerpts from Vanguard online)
By Yemisi Abah
Posted to the Web: Sunday, January 21, 2007

How did you guys get together, where did you meet?
We met in high school, where Samson was the president of our Fellowship and he was looking for a way to make the Fellowship more vibrant. Music worked.  Somewhere along the line, we met Sunny who was a proficient keyboardist. Then, we had this mass choir that didn’t quite go well. But somehow, we bonded as an  Acapella group. With the fusion of Sunny into the group, we started experimenting with sounds. Then we were called  “All for Christ”, but it didn’t seem original  enough because it reminds you of the American group, “All for one”. It was through the help of a friend that we arrived at the name Infinity which was synonymous  with what we really do. We are Christians and we believe if  there is  anything, any work or ministry that we think will last forever, even after we leave this side of the  world, it is music. In heaven, pastors will lose their jobs, doctors will lose their jobs, all what we will be doing is singing praises to God. So, Infinity is like forever,  endless and timeless.

What does the song Olori-oko, symbolize?
Olorioko speaks for itself. Literarily, the word Olorioko si bo means, the owner of the band is coming back. And what we are trying to say there according to the  scriptures, is that Christ is coming back and when He comes back, He will not come as the Son of Man, but as the Son of God in all His glory. And that is actually,  the Christian hope. When we go through diverse temptation and trials in our lives, we look up to that kingdom, we look up to the coming, we look up to rapture and  we are just saying INFINITY believes in that too. And beyond rapture and the coming of Jesus, we feel that there is always an element of hope for everybody but  whatever that hope is, we can take it to the next level when we remember that Jesus is coming back.
(You may read more on Vanguard on-line).
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by bisibaby(f): 3:47pm On May 18, 2007
Yea i gbadun Olorioko by Infinity xpecially the Olorioko music itself and Aye ole

omo doz guys try

they deserve 3 GBOSA cool cheesy
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by dominobaby(f): 5:58pm On May 18, 2007
I just love the song to bits, i could listen to it over and over again.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by 9ja4eva: 1:35am On Jul 11, 2007
Da album na die
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by aluta4live: 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2007
for those of you interested you can stream (not download) the track from

http://www.naijapals.com/?L=music.index&id=71
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Renike(f): 2:56am On Jul 13, 2007
PLEASE, can someone write the lyrics and then put the translation beside.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by anusule(m): 11:46pm On Dec 17, 2007
track 'aye ole' is a killa track. love it.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by raino: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2007
olori oko is a tight song with a tight video but the album aint tight.I hope that by their next attempt they would drop more good tracks and not depend on 1 or 2 good songs.
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by raino: 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2007
Their videos are ok though but critically speaking a great album needs more than one great song cool
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by 9ja4eva: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2007
Only Praise is another good song
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by yemi3k: 5:04am On Jan 23, 2008
could someone please put a working link to download this song, thanks in advance!!
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by aramibayo(f): 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2008
Download Olori oko by Infinity on www.funafric.com
Re: Olori Oko By Infinity by Victor127: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2008
I heard the song and called my sister in lagos, she got me their CD and I must say that every single song was better than the previous.
They are quite remarkable and if you think olori oko is a good song, listen to the others, they are not just good for a Nigerian group, they are a world class group.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Singer Naira Marley Biography: Net Worth, Age, House & Cars / What Was Your Favorite Nigerian Song Of 2022? / New Music Video - Ello Baby Ft Kizz Daniel & Tiwa Savage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.