Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. (19592 Views)

Slot And Its Phenomenal Response / Samsung Battles Tecno With Galaxy Star Smartphone / Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Specifications & Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by jelel6: 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
Numero uuuno: Okay guys,i went to slot abeokuta to buy the phone today,BUT,before doing that i enquired about the phone specifications.
The lady in charge told me it uses 2G ONLY,no 3g,no 4g.....2G ONLY...
i just said thank you and left thje premises because i can't see my self buying a phone without a 3G capability.
So guy,choose between 1GB ram +2G
Or the tecno phones of 512MBram+3G
Am so confused right now....
man what are you saying. All of the variant HAS 3G. What did heck is that sales rep talking about.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by mychelyte(m): 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
It has 3G maybe d lady don't no d fone u're talking about,i called slot @ikeja dis morning d lady said they don't have it

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by kennykg(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Numero uuuno: Okay guys,i went to slot abeokuta to buy the phone today,BUT,before doing that i enquired about the phone specifications.
The lady in charge told me it uses 2G ONLY,no 3g,no 4g.....2G ONLY...
i just said thank you and left thje premises because i can't see my self buying a phone without a 3G capability.
So guy,choose between 1GB ram +2G
Or the tecno phones of 512MBram+3G
Am so confused right now....
lol. But i still tink you shld hv tried to check d fone maybe she didn't knw exactly wat she said. Coz it's written it has all d tins

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Hotdiamond(m): 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
mychelyte: Pls dis its broadcom gpu,what other gpu can we compare it to,coz mali400 is among what makes me buy gp2 o,i cant do without games o shocked
I just researched the broad video core gpu. the Mali 400 is way better then it.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by krugar07(m): 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
mychelyte: Pls dis its broadcom gpu,what other gpu can we compare it to,coz mali400 is among what makes me buy gp2 o,i cant do without games o shocked
broadcom videocore IV is a good GPU.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Numerouuuno: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
jelel6:
man what are you saying. All of the variant HAS 3G. What did heck is that sales rep talking about.
i named the phone and she brought the 'dummy phone' out of the display glass without me pointing at it.
How will she know not know the phone they're selling
Okay,I've done my part,let the guys that ordered from jumia tell us the outcome too.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Numerouuuno: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
kennykg:
lol. But i still tink you shld hv tried to check d fone maybe she didn't knw exactly wat she said. Coz it's written it has all d tins
i was also surprised it has 2G only against the online specifications i saw at gsmarena.
But i believe she know better than the buyer nau,abi
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
eh make i sit and wait for reviews
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by NONNYG: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
hisblud: eh make i sit and wait for reviews
no be only you o, me balance for cushion like person wey dey watch news for CNN dey wait for reviews too
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by kennykg(m): 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Numero uuuno: i was also surprised it has 2G only against the online specifications i saw at gsmarena.
But i believe she know better than the buyer nau,abi
no mind her maybe she dey fink of her bf,u cum interrupt

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Lstar4real(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Where can we get this kind cheap phone from xolo
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Lstar4real(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
Where can we get this kind cheap phone from xolo. http://mobiles.sulekha.com/lava_xolo-q700_mobile.htm
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Joel3(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
wait a minutes, let me get this straight. are you guys jumping to this phone because samsung is written on it? not me. there are more to this. for samsung to produced this low end phone i tell you there are more to this shit. samsung are not fool, ofcource there are hinden danger attached. i pity those who are rushing this phone without having a clues of what they are ordering. i bet you nairaland will soon be floated with this used phone for sell. after they might have regret buying it. samsung are not fool so do i. still cruiseing my windows phone. gionee p2 on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by NONNYG: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Joel.:
wait a minutes, let me get this straight. are you guys jumping to this phone because samsung is written on it? not me. there are more to this. for samsung to produced this low end phone i tell you there are more to this shit. samsung are not fool, ofcource there are hinden danger attached. i pity those who are rushing this phone without having a clues of what they are ordering. i bet you nairaland will soon be floated with this used phone for sell. after they might have regret buying it. samsung are not fool so do i. still cruiseing my windows phone. gionee p2 on my mind.
Oga a.k.a Mr writer, if u wanna enjoy bbm on android stay out of p2... am talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
NONNYG: Oga a.k.a Mr writer, if u wanna enjoy bbm on android stay out of p2... am talking from experience
: grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Numerouuuno: 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
kennykg:
no mind her maybe she dey fink of her bf,u cum interrupt
smileysmiley
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by krugar07(m): 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
Joel.:
wait a minutes, let me get this straight. are you guys jumping to this phone because samsung is written on it? not me. there are more to this. for samsung to produced this low end phone i tell you there are more to this shit. samsung are not fool, ofcource there are hinden danger attached. i pity those who are rushing this phone without having a clues of what they are ordering. i bet you nairaland will soon be floated with this used phone for sell. after they might have regret buying it
this phone costs more than this in other countries. when i checked the price it was not yet in ng and i estimated the price to be about 45k at most, as it is universally more costly and much better than the SG Core. i really dont know why it is sold at this price only here. so stop speculating trash here. the phone is better than p2, and that has nothing to do with the samsung logo sitting infront and behind the phone.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Lateedee(m): 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
Beware nairalander don't buy the phone, I bought the phone, it's a scrap, I had to give it to my wife. I bought the phone from slot ikeja for #16000. This are my observations
1, the phone is edge no 3g
2, the ram is 512 not 1gig
3, no front camera, the back camera is 2mp and no flash
4,the battery backup is not that good
etc
It's a waste of money, i do not know why samsung gave wrong spec or maybe it's fake

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by kennykg(m): 6:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lateedee: Beware nairalander don't buy the phone, I bought the phone, it's a scrap, I had to give it to my wife. I bought the phone from slot ikeja for #16000. This are my observations
etc
It's a waste of money, i do not know why samsung gave wrong spec or maybe it's fake

bro i belive when you got the fone the specifications should be written somewhere either the pack or manual. Does it correlate with what's on the fone. If not i think you should return it to slot.
#just my thought

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by krugar07(m): 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lateedee: Beware nairalander don't buy the phone, I bought the phone, it's a scrap, I had to give it to my wife. I bought the phone from slot ikeja for #16000. This are my observations
etc

i believe what you bought should be SG star. it goes for NGN13,000. U GOT DUPED. OR ...

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Lateedee(m): 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
The spec on the carton matches what i gave earlier, the two sims are microsim
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Kamaye(m): 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Latedee I think jumia and slot are selling Galaxy star pro in the name of Galaxy Ace 3, see the specs as you mentioned earlier NO 3G NO FRONT CAMERA.
GENERAL
2G Network
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - GT-S7260
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - GT-S7262 (SIM 1
& SIM 2)
SIM
Optional Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
Announced
2013, October
Status
Available. Released 2013, October
BODY
Dimensions
121.2 x 62.7 x 10.6 mm (4.77 x 2.47 x 0.42 in)
Weight
121 g (4.27 oz)
DISPLAY
Type
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size
480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel
density)
Multitouch
Yes
SOUND
Alert types
Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker
Yes
3.5mm jack
Yes
MEMORY
Card slot
microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal
4 GB, 512 MB RAM
DATA
GPRS
Yes
EDGE
Yes
Speed
No
WLAN
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth
Yes, v4.0
USB
Yes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERA
Primary
2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels
Video
Yes
Secondary
No
FEATURES
OS
Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
CPU
1 GHz Cortex-A5
Sensors
Accelerometer
Messaging
SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser
HTML
Radio
Stereo FM radio with RDS, FM recording
GPS
No
Java
Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors
Black, White
- SNS integration
- MP4/WMV/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
BATTERY
Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery
Stand-by
Up to 370 h
Talk time
Up to 15 h
Music play
Up to 26 h

Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Lateedee(m): 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
The spec on the carton matches what i gave earlier, the two sims are microsim, maybe another version of galaxy ace 3 is made for Africa
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Youngpo413: 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
Na wao
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Lateedee(m): 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Kamaye: @Latedee I think jumia and slot are selling Galaxy star pro in the name of Galaxy Ace 3, see the specs as you mentioned earlier NO 3G NO FRONT CAMERA.
GENERAL
2G Network
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - GT-S7260
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - GT-S7262 (SIM 1
& SIM 2)
SIM
Optional Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
Announced
2013, October
Status
Available. Released 2013, October
BODY
Dimensions
121.2 x 62.7 x 10.6 mm (4.77 x 2.47 x 0.42 in)
Weight
121 g (4.27 oz)
DISPLAY
Type
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size
480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel
density)
Multitouch
Yes
SOUND
Alert types
Vibration, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker
Yes
3.5mm jack
Yes
MEMORY
Card slot
microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal
4 GB, 512 MB RAM
DATA
GPRS
Yes
EDGE
Yes
Speed
No
WLAN
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth
Yes, v4.0
USB
Yes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERA
Primary
2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels
Video
Yes
Secondary
No
FEATURES
OS
Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
CPU
1 GHz Cortex-A5
Sensors
Accelerometer
Messaging
SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser
HTML
Radio
Stereo FM radio with RDS, FM recording
GPS
No
Java
Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors
Black, White
- SNS integration
- MP4/WMV/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Organizer
- Image/video editor
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
BATTERY
Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery
Stand-by
Up to 370 h
Talk time
Up to 15 h
Music play
Up to 26 h

This is the exact spec but galaxy ace 3 is written on the carton
I don't know why they are deceiving people
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by kennykg(m): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lateedee:

i tink we need to take sum actions against dez pples dis scam. We jst hv to wait for does who ordered from jumia. If it's same
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Kamaye(m): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lateedee:

Samsung is turning into something else, or is it the Nigerian phenomenon i don't know.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by jelel6: 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lateedee:

ogini? Chineke? Yelwah? *runs from thread*
#team2goodtobetrue#
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by physise(m): 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
Kamaye: Samsung is turning into something else, or is it the Nigerian phenomenon i don't know.
na una make mistake with d price
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Dlee1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
I think the specification which Kamaye gave is correct. The first time I saw the spec of the said phone with the amount tagged on it, I never believed it, I knew there must be something fishy about the phone.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by Kamaye(m): 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
physise: na una make mistake with d price
I never believed that price.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Star Pro sold as Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 in Jumia & Slot. by SMIG(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
i recieved a call from jumia today...they said the phone i ordered ain't available yet and they'll get back to me within the next four working days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zoom Abruptly Fires President Greg Tomb ‘without Cause’ / Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos / Cameroon Government Fines MTN $160 Million For Corruption Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.