Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,219 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. (2338 Views)

How Do I Dress For A Police Job Interview? / Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One / Government Job Vs Private Job: Which One Will You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2013
Please am really kind of confused. Am an ond holder. Presently first banking is calling me for training with them as a contract staff . And am also expected 2 resume training on sunday 17 nov 2013 at police college ikeja. As a constable, although i applied as a panel beater. So am really confuse rite nw. Which job do i pick. Advise please
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by chysan(f): 8:07am On Nov 13, 2013
Climaths: Please am really kind of confused. Am an ond holder. Presently first banking is calling me for training with them as a contract staff . And am also expected 2 resume training on sunday 17 nov 2013 at police college ikeja. As a constable, although i applied as a panel beater. So am really confuse rite nw. Which job do i pick. Advise please
go for police job,the bank job has no security,they can ask u to leave at any moment but police job is better where u can work till ur retirement age.so I prefer u choosing the police job to banking job,afterall the banking job u are being taken as a contract staff so d bank job no get head
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 13, 2013
chysan: go for police job,the bank job has no security,they can ask u to leave at any moment but police job is better where u can work till ur retirement age.so I prefer u choosing the police job to banking job,afterall the banking job u are being taken as a contract staff so d bank job no get head
tanks but am just considering d salary of the bank and dat of d police. D bank is payin 65k monthly while police is payin 40k monthly for constable that is wht am considerin
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by skullz: 8:26am On Nov 13, 2013
-The police job pays less but gives you a better job security
-The bank pays high but non-existent job security.
I think job security should be the key factor when deciding and not the pay!
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by alakara(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2013
Bros take the police job,inspite of the fact that the pay might be diffrenthe police job is preferable in the ffg:
-job security
-you can earn more than your salalry in a day depending on your posting
-it is pensionable
-you can upgrade your self
-you can still have time to do some business and have time for yourself and family
-u meet diverse kind of people which will help you in ur connectivity.
All been said all these are advice u are in the bst position to choose what you want

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Azedplus(m): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2013
guy,if am in ur shoe ( undersized ) I will take f police job for all the positive reasons,
1. pensionable
2. job security
3.time for personal things
etc
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nutase: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2013
Remeber that police are endangered species in some parts of naija now. If u are posted to such a station.........

If u intend to make banking a permanent career you won't enjoy it as a contract staff. That 65k u are carried away by maybe your salary for the next 10 years and you won't get a single promotion.

My 2 cents go and consult with whatever you worship to guide you to make the right decision.
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2013
Tanks for all those who hv contributed 2 the topic may God bless u.
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 13, 2013
But God is great, he has fill my heart wit joy. I hv been waitin patiently for these jobs 2 cum since last year and finally. The two came at once. It is now a matter of choice
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by otanice(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2013
From d mouth of many a truth is established b wise in your selection olorpa grin grin grin grin
U go get many benefit so hurry go wear d uniform .
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2013
otanice: From d mouth of many a truth is established b wise in your selection olorpa grin grin grin grin
U go get many benefit so hurry go wear d uniform .
tanks sir, but what am considering is the pay sir. The desparity is two much police pays 40k monthly for costable. And bank pays 66k monthly for ond, though it is a contract job. Hw do i cope wit 40k monthly.
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by zada(m): 9:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
@Climate, guy we all know that this days the banks are more or less neocolonialism of the highest orders. Modern day slavery is always there, I would advice u join the police force WHY? is the fact that u r sure of a job security 2. Accommodation is included 3. As a graduate ur ranking is abit higher so is the pay 3. Also there are other allowances though small but will cover other needs. For the banking job 1. No job security 2. Fixed salary 3. No room for promotion. So climate follow your heart.
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by skimofat: 10:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ow long does it takes 4 d first bank training
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
First bank traning for nd takes just 1 week. Hope dis satisfie ur curosity
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Please any one who worked wit insourceing wit first bank wht is the workin condition like., please i would like 2 knw hw long can one work wit insourcein.. Am still waitin for response please
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by mayo47(m): 7:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
alakara: Bros take the police job,inspite of the fact that the pay might be diffrenthe police job is preferable in the ffg:
-job security
-you can earn more than your salalry in a day depending on your posting
-it is pensionable
-you can upgrade your self
-you can still have time to do some business and have time for yourself and family
-u meet diverse kind of people which will help you in ur connectivity.
All been said all these are advice u are in the bst position to choose what you want

How?? hope u not advising corruption here because that what killing dis nation….
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
mayo47:

How?? hope u not advising corruption here because that what killing dis nation….
mayo47 wht is ur take abt d issuse. Which do i go 4 d police or d bank.
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
zada: @Climate, guy we all know that this days the banks are more or less neocolonialism of the highest orders. Modern day slavery is always there, I would advice u join the police force WHY? is the fact that u r sure of a job security 2. Accommodation is included 3. As a graduate ur ranking is abit higher so is the pay 3. Also there are other allowances though small but will cover other needs. For the banking job 1. No job security 2. Fixed salary 3. No room for promotion. So climate follow your heart.
but am nt applyin as a gradute. am applyin wit my ssce as a constable. Dats is d issue. But for d first bank Job am applyin wit nd although it is a contract job
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by mayo47(m): 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Climaths: mayo47 wht is ur take abt d issuse. Which do i go 4 d police or d bank.

Was actually referring to the bolded part [b]"earn more than your salary"[/b]in the earlier message, well its better u go for the police job and continue schooling. Have to go beyond your OND to upgrade ursef, any opportunity can come up for u anywhere even in the police force. Ur OND is in what course??
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
mayo47:

Was actually referring to the bolded part [b]"earn more than your salary"[/b]in the earlier message, well its better u go for the police job and continue schooling. Have to go beyond your OND to upgrade ursef, any opportunity can come up for u anywhere even in the police force. Ur OND is in what course??
i have nd in accounting
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Please am still waitin for response for those who hv worked wit first bank insourceing or are currently still workin. Hw long can u worked insourcin be4 ur contract would be terminated
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by samik900(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Climaths: Please am still waitin for response for those who hv worked wit first bank insourceing or are currently still workin. Hw long can u worked insourcin be4 ur contract would be terminated
for my own mind,I will advice dt u take d bank job,first bank is a good company,for ppl saying job security,the police v its own bad side.can't advice any body with ssce t enta nig.police,is very dangerous. On ur questn on insourcing,u can work wit them as long as u wnt unless u v problem with fbn,fbn owns insourcn
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
@samik900:
for my own mind,I will advice dt u take d bank job,first bank is a good company,for ppl saying job security,the police v its own bad side.can't advice any body with ssce t enta nig.police,is very dangerous. On ur questn on insourcing,u can work wit them as long as u wnt unless u v problem with fbn,fbn owns insourcn
thanks sir. I really appreciate . Bt Hw do u mean is dangerous 2 enter police job wit ssce.
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by chrisley024(m): 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
Climaths: thanks sir. I really appreciate . Bt Hw do u mean is dangerous 2 enter police job wit ssce.
Guy, I would take d Police job even @ 30k pay. I've not heard many good stories abt banking jobs via contracts. There's stagnatn, job insecurity, little or no allowances, stress, etc, unlike in d Police job where u're given accomodatn or house allowances n other allowances with little stress.

U've time to upgrade ur cert n gain promotions wit d Police job.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 10, 2014
chrisley024:
Guy, I would take d Police job even @ 30k pay. I've not heard many good stories abt banking jobs via contracts. There's stagnatn, job insecurity, little or no allowances, stress, etc, unlike in d Police job where u're given accomodatn or house allowances n other allowances with little stress.

U've time to upgrade ur cert n gain promotions wit d Police job.
tanks for ur contributions. But d promotions issuse wit d police. Dat is wat am border abt. A friend was told me dat is hard 2 get promoted wit ur ssce 2 ond in police wen u don't knw anybody.
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 10, 2014
Climaths: tanks sir, but what am considering is the pay sir. The desparity is two much police pays 40k monthly for costable. And bank pays 66k monthly for ond, though it is a contract job. Hw do i cope wit 40k monthly.
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by steffans(m): 9:07am On Jan 10, 2014
guy.. u we're to enter camp training since Nov 17th.. why. are u still asking d same question till January...

my advice .. I have worked in FBN for some time.. d insourcing u are talking about.. u will count money for d next 5 years of ur life.. if shortages dey u must pay... with d salary u claim can take care of u when u had no job... where do u get money from (?
meanwhile u don't work for first bank... u work for d coy DAT has outsourced u to Fbn.. Fbn pays ur coy ur salary and ur coy pays u...

my blunt advice take d police job... if u don't want to get back on d streets in a short time.. u have ppl DAT have adviced u...
Re: Pls Advice Me, Police Job And Bank Job Which Do I Go For. by Project400: 9:11am On Jan 10, 2014
^ you've raised valid points

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Important Information From Npower Facebook Page / Current Vacancies At Jodan Integrated Services / Save The Children Nigeria Massive Recruitment For Enumerators (122 Openings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.