Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY (36158 Views)

ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi / ASUU Nec Meeting Is Going On Now At Bayero University / ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 13, 2013
Already, chairmen of local chapters of ASUU are converging on Kano, preparatory to the meeting, from where a positive resolution is being expected. Chairman of one of the federal universities in the South-South, who did not want his name mentioned, said the strike “may be suspended on Saturday.”
“Many of the chapters are disposed to ending this strike, which has cost us all a full semester. “As I speak with you, we (chairmen) are on our way to Kano for NEC meeting tomorrow (today).” Asked if the strike would be suspended, he said: “I think so, judging by reports from the Monday congresses we held simultaneously. We may suspend the strike on Saturday or Sunday.”
He, however, admonished government to ensure that it honoured its promise so as not to return the university system to this “sorry past”. This, of course, formed the basis for the Monday congresses and today’s “decider” NEC meeting.
The Kano meeting is to deliberate on whether to call off the strike as the NEC receives reports of the congresses that held “simultaneously” in all the universities across the country. Local chapters of ASUU had held their congresses on Monday to vote on the suspension or otherwise.
The said agreement, which necessitated the subsisting July 1 action, required that the Federal Government will, within a period of five years, release more than N1trn, to bridge the noticeable infrastructural deficits in the nation’s ivory towers. Also, the Federal Government would have released N92bn, for what the union christened, “earned allowance.”
However, ASUU seems to have a moral burden now as the Federal Government said it had released over N30bn as part of the contentious earned allowance. Last week’s meeting of the Fagge-led ASUU with President Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, prompted positive steps by ASUU towards ending the strike.
At the meeting, President Jonathan was said to have pledged government’s readiness to release N220bn in next year’s budget and in subsequent appropriations.
Meanwhile, the University of Jos, UNIJOS, chapter of the union explained its support for the continuation of the ongoing strike. After considering the outcome of the meeting which the union’s national body had with President Jonathan, members of the branch had last Monday voted in favour of the continuation of the four month- old strike.
The UNIJOS branch of ASUU said the meeting with the President achieved nothing, a position which had also been condemned by some stakeholders The Branch Chairman, Dr. David Jangkham, said yesterday in Jos, the Plateau State capital, that his members were compelled to take the stand because of the government’s insensitivity to their plight.
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=131734
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 13, 2013
May be I just missed the part that said the NEC meeting has been postponed... Everyone just wants to open a thread on nairaland and spread baseless rumors.

15 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by sigidporte(m): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2013
and how does this write up relate to your topic?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by FilesUpdator(f): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2013
These people are not serious at all.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by quivah(f): 8:42am On Nov 13, 2013
lol . .
Please your topic!
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by bizibrain(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Bunch of craps.This topic sucks.

Well he is a good article writer, because in English u will name a headline dat will invite and intrest many reader.

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Temptee101(m): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2013
This is a delibrate move to drag pple to ur thread @Op. There is nothing new to what has been on ground 4 sometime now. Meanwhile, ASUU had better call off dis strike

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by lawflec(m): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2013
this headline is heartbreaking bt misinterpreted.the meeting wil stil hold bt the posibility of caling it of on thursday is xo bleak. bt all we no is that it will not exced sunday.may the soul of asuus departed coleague rest in peace amen.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by walad4yhu(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2013
bizibrain: Bunch of craps.This topic sucks.

Well he is a good article writer, because in English u will name a headline dat will invite and intrest many reader.

buh nt a headline dat iz totally contrary to d content nah...

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by PrinceJustice(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
sigidporte: and how does this write up relate to your topic?
jaysleem: May be I just missed the part that said the NEC meeting has been postponed... Everyone just wants to open a thread on nairaland and spread baseless rumors.

I can't help but wonder! grin grin grin
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by ignis: 4:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
sigidporte: and how does this write up relate to your topic?
Same here.
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by felastika(m): 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
Where those mods wey dey close thread now?...come close this thing make we see ground jor....mtchweew

3 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by packman: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
This rumour sorry news made fp? #faints#
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by timwezzb(m): 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
I am not Commenting Anything...O Sorry I just did grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by kekakuz(m): 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
why why why
this is not fair
this is black
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Hizik: 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
all we are sayyyyyiiiinnnggg....call off dis strike!!!
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by complete1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
angry bloody liar!an ASUU member is speaking on d radio right now in ph(nigeriainfo)and he said d ASUU president has gone to EDo,the home town of d formal ASUU president and he said a decision MIGHT b taken from der

2 Likes

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ok noted
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by anselm791(m): 4:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
I don't blame the op but the mod who allowed it FP, I mean I read only from FP cause I don't expect to see stuff like this. I guess I have to do my own filtering,
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by chookudi(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
ASUU BREAKING: ASUU Postpones National Meeting To January Over The Death Of Former President - http:///vGqHe35RBY
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by BCELLS(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
Seun mods have been brainwashed#Lol#
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
Make una kukuma call off d strike 1st week January 2014 mk guys husle 4 dis year. Abeg na!

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by movmentish(m): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
jaysleem: May be I just missed the part that said the NEC meeting has been postponed... Everyone just wants to open a thread on nairaland and spread baseless rumors.
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Phemmy99(m): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
I guess the mods didn't evn read d post before putting it on FP...what kinda mods do we have nairaland sef..

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Phemmy99(m): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
I guess the mods didn't evn read d post before putting it on FP...what kinda mods do we have on nairaland sef..
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by BCELLS(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
Phemmy99: I guess the mods didn't evn read d post before putting it on FP...what kinda mods do we have on nairaland sef..
you click edit next time to save you from replication.
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by cutebobo(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
Don't blame the MOD, if u were to be in his shoe, u will do likewise. Everyone is anxious to hear that the strike as been call off, so when he read the topic, he consider it to be the true story since that's all we want. I guess, the mod is still a student. Thank u
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
i taya o. The mods sef ehn...
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Phemmy99(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
B_CELLS: you click edit next time to save you from replication.
it was already loading when i saw the omission..

1 Like

Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
All these yeye Mods won't read content before moving threads to FP angry
Re: ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY by BCELLS(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
cute bobo: Don't blame the MOD, if u were to be in his shoe, u will do likewise. Everyone is anxious to hear that the strike as been call off, so when he read the topic, he consider it to be the true story since that's all we want. I guess, the mod is still a student. Thank u
He's a student of Unijos.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is A Mathematics Braintest... / English Gurus Pls What Is The Answer To This ?? / School Girls At FGGC Sagamu Built An AI Robot Called ‘Okiki-Saggy’ (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.