Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. (24323 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY / ASUU Postpones NEC Meeting As Former President, Festus Iyayi Dies In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by Network001(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2013
ASUU Update: National Meeting To Hold On Saturday
Nov 14, 2013

An impeccable source, one of the prominent leaders of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorized to comment on this yet has disclosed to newsmen that the suspended ASUU Nation Executive Committee, NEC meeting earlier postponed in honour of Late Prof. Festus Iyayi, a renown novelist, former ASUU president and prominent leader of ASUU may be reconvened on Saturday.

He reiterated that the news of of Prof Iyayi’s sudden death came as a rude shock to the union; most painfully, Late Iyayi was on ASUU official assignment when he met his gruesome and untimely death, so there was nothing the Union could do to honour the late hero at the point than to put on hold it NEC meeting scheduled to hold in Kano. “There is strong indication that the NEC meeting will be reconvened on Saturday”. He further stated in strong term that unless ASUU leaders re-decides, the NEC meeting will hold on Saturday.

When asked if the strike will actually be suspended, he said: “I think so, judging by reports from the Monday congresses we held simultaneously, the union may suspend the strike on Saturday or Sunday.”

It will be recalled that ASUU had suspended indefinitely it NEC meeting where decision to either end or continue the lingering strike will be taken due to the death of Late Prof. Festus Iyayi, a former ASUU president.

Nov 14, 2013

An impeccable source, one of the prominent leaders of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorized to comment on this yet has disclosed to newsmen that the suspended ASUU Nation Executive Committee, NEC meeting earlier postponed in honour of Late Prof. Festus Iyayi, a renown novelist, former ASUU president and prominent leader of ASUU may be reconvened on Saturday.

He reiterated that the news of of Prof Iyayi’s sudden death came as a rude shock to the union; most painfully, Late Iyayi was on ASUU official assignment when he met his gruesome and untimely death, so there was nothing the Union could do to honour the late hero at the point than to put on hold it NEC meeting scheduled to hold in Kano. “There is strong indication that the NEC meeting will be reconvened on Saturday”. He further stated in strong term that unless ASUU leaders re-decides, the NEC meeting will hold on Saturday.

When asked if the strike will actually be suspended, he said: “I think so, judging by reports from the Monday congresses we held simultaneously, the union may suspend the strike on Saturday or Sunday.”

It will be recalled that ASUU had suspended indefinitely it NEC meeting where decision to either end or continue the lingering strike will be taken due to the death of Late Prof. Festus Iyayi, a former ASUU president.

Nov 14, 2013

Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by TohBeeQute: 10:19am On Nov 15, 2013
Always pleading anonymity

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by Blueboy146(m): 3:22am On Nov 16, 2013
Freshers tho!.... Am kinda anxious, abeg ASUU call off strike make i start my campus life. First class ambition #team_tasued
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by Doctorjay(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2013
Well, if they call of the strike,good. We've been at home for too long. But i never read my keith moore anatomy finish o.dem go rush us for school. Anyways,calling the strike off is the best thing to do.
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by slap1(m): 8:09am On Nov 16, 2013
Doctor jay: Well, if they call of the strike,good. We've been at home for too long. But i never read my keith moore anatomy finish o.dem go rush us for school. Anyways,calling the strike off is the best thing to do.
My morphology and syntax textbooks have gathered dust, even my final year project. Calling off the strike will activate my academic mode.
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by Gbajabiamila1: 9:25am On Nov 16, 2013
Until they call it off tho, I no believe. This news is not in any of the national dailies, so where's the authentic source?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by flowales(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2013
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by Tipyjay: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2013
This is not true because am presently at Ibadan and listening to UI radio Diamond Fm.... ASUU chairman Ibadan Dr. Ajiboye says the news about a meeting holding today is just media hype... this is confirm

1 Like

Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by kingilemona298(m): 11:36am On Nov 16, 2013
What else is there to do in school dis year??
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by samuelkew(m): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
Saturday isn't 14.
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by ericj: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
Same story everywhere on d net......is it dat u pple just cur stories from a single source ni?
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by ridhwanaltaf(m): 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
I pray make Dem call off !!! because A friend said
On ASUU Ending Strike this weekend.....Getting proper understanding!

I wonder why some people can't just read between the lines. Instead spread Channels news that is not new or researched....120 voted to suspend, when it was 120 universities did voted, Uniuyo, Uniben and few voted no while majority voted yes. How come they are still 120 that voted yes? I think we need to get proper information to disseminate to avoid giving some people unnecessary hypertension. No matter the outcome of NEC meeting, ASUU can't suspend the strike until the government sign the new agreement in line with condition put forward by them(except if all will be done this weekend, which is not possible), which state that NASS, minister of finance, CBN governor, NLC, Labour minister and some others must be a signatory to the agreement to avoid David Mark and others question on the intelligent of those who signed 2009 Agreement. And ASUU had said this over and over before. Never will ASUU or even any reasonable person do an act which involve another party without the other party concurring to such action formally. ASUU has a procedure in embarking and suspending of a strike and until we understand this, many will continue to be victims of fake news, propaganda or na-me-post-am-first syndrome affecting many people on facebook. The NEC meeting is to look at the report of each chapters and condition attached to those that said Yes and likewise look into the chapters that said No, then resolved the issue and come out with a final decision( which is likely to favour suspension) then inform the government and wait for those signatories to sign, then announcement of suspension will be done by ASUU. Hopefully, this strike will come to an end this month as reality totally kill any hope of this weekend
from NANS OGUN. By hon Olasunkanmi Stainlessy Olanbiwoninu Ahmed

1 Like

Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by Yahayablessing(f): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
Too mch talk, smbody help jst need to change ma user name how do I do that plssssssssssss o
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by tobietticom(m): 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2013
ridhwan altaf: I pray make Dem call off !!! because A friend said
On ASUU Ending Strike this weekend.....Getting proper understanding!

I wonder why some people can't just read between the lines. Instead spread Channels news that is not new or researched....120 voted to suspend, when it was 120 universities did voted, Uniuyo, Uniben and few voted no while majority voted yes. How come they are still 120 that voted yes? I think we need to get proper information to disseminate to avoid giving some people unnecessary hypertension. No matter the outcome of NEC meeting, ASUU can't suspend the strike until the government sign the new agreement in line with condition put forward by them(except if all will be done this weekend, which is not possible), which state that NASS, minister of finance, CBN governor, NLC, Labour minister and some others must be a signatory to the agreement to avoid David Mark and others question on the intelligent of those who signed 2009 Agreement. And ASUU had said this over and over before. Never will ASUU or even any reasonable person do an act which involve another party without the other party concurring to such action formally. ASUU has a procedure in embarking and suspending of a strike and until we understand this, many will continue to be victims of fake news, propaganda or na-me-post-am-first syndrome affecting many people on facebook. The NEC meeting is to look at the report of each chapters and condition attached to those that said Yes and likewise look into the chapters that said No, then resolved the issue and come out with a final decision( which is likely to favour suspension) then inform the government and wait for those signatories to sign, then announcement of suspension will be done by ASUU. Hopefully, this strike will come to an end this month as reality totally kill any hope of this weekend
from NANS OGUN. By hon Olasunkanmi Stainlessy Olanbiwoninu Ahmed

This is what Fashola and Ekiti state Governor were talking about earlier today in the Governos forum... Small student like you have started referring to yourself as Honourable.. What a pity "please explain to us how honourable you are and what deeds have you done ..yimu
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by intergral(m): 10:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
mtcheeeeeeeewwwwww
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by Help4rmme2u(m): 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
how did it end
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by deenAyetu(f): 4:27am On Nov 17, 2013
it was all media hype come on everybody ASUU NEC Meeting Was A Rumor check out this report www.campuspeeps.com/post.php?id=1027
Re: ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 05, 2013
Yahaya blessing: Too mch talk, smbody help jst need to change ma user name how do I do that plssssssssssss o
why did u use ur real name b4? Blaize

(1) (Reply)

Twins Emerge With First Class At Redeemer’s University (photos) / A Nairalander Signs Out In Style (Pictures) / FUTASUG Passed Wrong Information About The Drowned Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.