Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service (1436 Views)

SERMON JOTTERS: Confronting Your Pharaoh- D.K Olukoya (Sunday Service-29-MARCH-) / Is It A Sin Not To Attend Sunday Service? / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2013
What could have made a pastor fatally shoot himself after Sunday morning service? That's the question on people's mind at the Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church in Macon, Georgia, USA.

According to a coroner's report, Rev. Teddy Parker Jr., pastor of Bibb Mount Zion Baptist Church, in Macon, fatally shot himself outside his home after Sunday morning service.

His wife found him in the driveway of their Warner Robins home with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, said Houston County Coroner Danny Galpin.

Parker, 41, and wife Larrinecia Sims Parker have two daughters, according to the church's website.

He entered the ministry when he was 22 and was ordained at Fellowship Bible Baptist Church, 431 Dunbar Road, Warner Robins, where he also taught Sunday school and served as a youth pastor, the church's website states.

A church official has asked for privacy as they consider this a private matter between the church and the pastor's family.

It's sad and kind of weird because a pastor is the least person you'd expect to commit suicide. May his soul rest in peace.

SOURCE
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by albacete(m): 2:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
... then Pastor Parker, after deliberating on what to do with the featherweight offering cloth, finally decided to spill the contents in his car. Lo and behold, what he saw baffled him - torn notes, counterfeit notes and even a Nigerian currency, N5 note spilled with ink. .

you know the rest of the story.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by Ichel: 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Time End Tinz
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ich_el: Time End Tinz
It's really baffling but we might never know exactly what led to the pastor taking his life. Family issues maybe?
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
albacete: ... then Pastor Parker, after deliberating on what to do with the featherweight offering cloth, finally decided to spill the contents in his car. Lo and behold, what he saw baffled him - torn notes, counterfeit notes and even a Nigerian currency, N5 note spilled with ink. .

you know the rest of the story.

I don't know...you tell me...lol
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by albacete(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
infonubia:

I don't know...you tell me...lol

Just joking.

But it beats me how people actually decide to take their own life.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
albacete:

Just joking.

But it beats me how people actually decide to take their own life.

You and me both. Honestly I can't even imagine it. However, I'm not judging folks that do cos I don't know what they were going through.

On a side note, I read about a man who was perfectly okay, no health issues, no drama, but he decided he's lived well enough and planned his suicide.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
family issues!!
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
O.T.I.S:
family issues!!
It seem like it.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by xager(m): 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
this can never happen with a Nigerian pastor
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 12:22am On Nov 14, 2013
xager: this can never happen with a Nigerian pastor
Why not? Well, we love life too much to commit suicide. Nobody wan die but we wan go heaven smiley
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by prymesolution: 3:12am On Nov 14, 2013
infonubia:
Why not? Well, we love life too much to commit suicide. Nobody wan die but we wan go heaven smiley

Yes o! Life is too sweet. Those challenges are the adventures that make life worth living.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by xager(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
infonubia:
exactly grin
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
prymesolution:

Yes o! Life is too sweet. Those challenges are the adventures that make life worth living.

GBAM!
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by asam7(f): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
Only God knows the reason why he killed himself, I suggest we mind what we say.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by chichriso: 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has suspended some clergymen in the Niger Delta region over claims that they have been dialoguing and mediating between the Federal Government and the group of seven aggrieved governors http://www.chrisderablog..com/2013/11/can-suspends-bishops.html
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
asam7: Only God knows the reason why he killed himself, I suggest we mind what we say.
Of courses God knows. His family seem to have an idea on why the pastor took his life as well
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
chichriso: The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has suspended some clergymen in the Niger Delta region over claims that they have been dialoguing and mediating between the Federal Government and the group of seven aggrieved governors http://www.chrisderablog..com/2013/11/can-suspends-bishops.html
What does this have to do with the post?
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by prymesolution: 2:33am On Nov 17, 2013
I read somewhere that the pastor was complaining to his congregation that God no longer hears him. He felt like God was far away from him. He probably took his life to get closer to God....hmmm
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 3:13am On Nov 17, 2013
prymesolution: I read somewhere that the pastor was complaining to his congregation that God no longer hears him. He felt like God was far away from him. He probably took his life to get closer to God....hmmm
That's kinda funny but its a sad situation.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by prymesolution: 12:19am On Nov 20, 2013
infonubia:
That's kinda funny but its a sad situation.
Baba sad situation
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by asam7(f): 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
This is sad, he must have encountered something strange that made him kill himself.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by infonubia(m): 4:53am On Dec 11, 2013
asam7: This is sad, he must have encountered something strange that made him kill himself.

Have no idea why he did.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service by chichriso: 5:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
Deeper Christian Life Ministry community wishes to invite the general public to this year edition of December retreat "Come, Crush and Cross Over to your New Inheritance",
NEW DATE: Dec. 20-22, 2013
VENUE: CONTACT ANY DEEPER LIFE CHURCH NEAREST TO YOU.

http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/blog-post_16.html

(1) (Reply)

"When Is The Right Time For Marriage?" / Mormons Admit Leader Joseph Smith Had Up To 40 Wives / God Is Waiting For Your Praise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.