Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Overcoming SIN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming SIN (429 Views)

Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / How Can I Have Victory In Overcoming Sin? / Seven Steps To Overcoming Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming SIN by rccgamg: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y31KTqPA2I

With man it is totally impossible to please God, but with God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

Man Sins not because he wants to sin, Man sins because he was born a Sinner.

Romans 6 says: The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Paul says in Romans 7:22 ~I love to do God's will so far as my new nature is concerned; but there is something else deep within me, in my lower nature, that is at war with my mind and wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.
In my mind i want to be God's willing servant but instead I find myself still enslaved in sin.
So you see how it is: my new life tells me to do right, but the old nature that is still inside me loves to sin. Oh what a terrible predicament I'm in! Who will free me from my slavery to this deadly lower nature?
Thank God! It has been done by Jesus Christ our Lord. He has set me free.

*The core work of the Holy Spirit is to help free us from the thirst of SIN.
*The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is one sure way to overcoming Sin.

-How To Receive The Holy Spirit

*Believe in Jesus (John 7:38-39)
*Genuine Repentance (1 John 1:9-10)
*Ask & Thirst For The Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13)
*Believe & Receive it (John 1:12-13)

And because of what Christ did, all you others too, who heard the Good News about how to be saved, and trusted Christ, were marked as belonging to Christ by the Holy Spirit, who long ago had been promised to all of us Christians. ~Eph 1:13
Re: Overcoming SIN by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
rccg_amg:

With man it is totally impossible to please God

Why should we please God? Do lower animals also please God?

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For R.C.C.G. Members On The Ongoing Sunday School Test. / Nigeria Blog Awards (faith-based Category) VOTE NOW!!!!!!!!!! / When Animals (domestic|Wild) Die do They Go To Heaven Or Hell.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.