Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him (788 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by smart134: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
A Georgia Pastor, Rev. Teddy Parker, killed
himself a few days after telling his
congregation at his church that God was
not hearing him and no longer felt a
connection to God.
photo
"I try to pray but I don't feel like God is
hearing me," Parker said to his
congregation "I try to serve but I don't feel
like God is using me. And there are times in
your life when God purposely withdraws
from you, he doesn't withdraw for the sake
of leaving you but he withdraws so you can
grow and mature."
The father of two, shot himself in the head
with his own gun following Sunday service
at Bible Mount Zion Baptist Church while his
family and congregation were still at his
church waiting for him for the next service.
Rev. Teddy Parker Jr., 42, of Bibb Mount Zion
Baptist Church in Macon, Ga. was discovered
by his wife, Larrinecia Parker, 38, in the
driveway of their Warner Robins house with
a"self-inflicted gunshot wound."
"When he didn't show up they went
looking for him," a church member,
Russell Rowland, told the Post. "I'm very
surprised because he didn't preach
that. He preached totally against it. It's
something that the congregation don't
really understand.".
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by gboso1ne(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
Na wa
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by holypower(m): 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." (Hosea 4:6).

HE don't know GOD maybe you was a pastor that takes Church as a business...a workshop
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by Tolexander: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
"I try to pray but I don't feel
like God is
hearing me," Parker said to
his
congregation "I try to serve
but I don't feel
like God is using me. And
there are times in
your life when God purposely
withdraws
from you,
smart man!

He had to kill himself so that if could go to meet him and talk to God face to face.
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by holypower(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." (Hosea 4:6).

HE don't know GOD maybe HE was a pastor that takes Church as a business...a workshop. Many pastors are not calle by GOD
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by xager(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
i knew it couldn't have been a Nigerian pastor
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by PastorOluT(m): 6:45am On Nov 14, 2013
Jesus said blessed is he who is not offended because of me Matthew 11:6. I once read that the man had been a pastor since he was 21, that means he has been a pastor for 21 good years since he is 42 now, yet shot himself 'cos he ain't feeling God. I wonder what relationship he had with God all those pastoral years?

We are many at times guilty of just growing in activities of religion at the mercy of personal relationship with God. But I believe there is more that meets the eyes here, the man cant just take his life after all those years.

I pray he rests in the bosom of the Lord!
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by smart134: 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
we pray 4 God's MercY
Re: Pastor Commits Suicide After Telling Congregation That God Was Not Hearing Him by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2013

(1)

Pastor E.a Adeboye Warns Against False Testimonies Of Heaven And Hell / Why Do All Babies Enter The World Crying? / How Effective Are Online Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.