Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,171 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars (25922 Views)

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel / Igbo Lost Tribe Of Israel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by kandiikane(m): 2:50am On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran:

Lmao, no, she's somali, you can tell by the hair. She's the new Kenyan Foreign Minister, but she's ethnically Somali.

Never seen a gambian with hair and features like that somali lady. grin
Lol i was joking but you'd be surprise at how many people have her features in gambia. Obviously, not majority
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by MamiWata: 2:50am On Nov 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Im glad they still take Tribal Marks seriously in South SUdan.

We in NIgeria have become spoilt. even if hurt by a pin , we start crying.

I know many SOuth Sudanese University students studying in Uganda, etc. and they all have those 6-7 forehead marks and they are normal about it.

Each scar represents a duty of fullfilment towards manhood. You will have the 7th mark only if you are last born.

This is for the Nuer.

The Murle (enemies of the Nuer), usually make space in the front incissor teeth.

Beautiful!
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 2:53am On Nov 14, 2013
kandiikane:
Lol i was joking but you'd be surprise at how many people have her features in gambia.

not a lot from the pictures i saw. Cause never seen any blacks with soft hair except for a small unmixed fulanis.

Its funny cause now that this Somali lady is the kenyan foreign minister their showing her off saying that kenyans are beautiful. lmao

Man when ever i see people saying kenyans are pretty, i see them using pics of the somalis,ethiopians and indians in kenya.

but yeah a lot of people thought the Kenyan Foreign minister was Indian, but got mad when they found out she was somali, racist kenyans.

and they say we are racist, kenyans would rather be ruled by indians than somalis. Before somalis came to capital of kenya, they were getting ripped off in business by the indians, we opened a lot of shops and made stuff cheaper.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by MamiWata: 3:06am On Nov 14, 2013
KidStranglehold:

Still I'd much rather get a needle than a knife. Just my opinion.

But again my main problem wasn't really the scarification itself. But it being FORCED on kids!!! shocked shocked shocked

In the west kids are forced to view homosexuals as normal functioning members of society, violence is glorified from dusk til dawn, sex is used to sell everything from deodorant to fruit, and foul language is spewed in the popular "music". Don't you have enough to worry about in your own sick culture? Your opinion is not really of any value here. We do this in Benin as well. You don't know the significance of scarification. It's one of a million things lost in the diaspora and if you're happy about that loss then be happy but don't expect those of us who didn't lose to give a damn about your opinion.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Nobody: 3:21am On Nov 14, 2013
MamiWata:

In the west kids are forced to view homosexuals as normal functioning members of society, violence is glorified from dusk til dawn, sex is used to sell everything from deodorant to fruit, and foul language is spewed in the popular "music".
Moot point. Its called bad parenting.

MamiWata:
Don't you have enough to worry about in your own sick culture?
Everyone group has something thats sick in their culture. Again moot point and I can easily lay out whats sick in African culture. But I would be a hypocrite as Fulaman says, because I know my culture also has sick things in it. So moot point.

MamiWata:
Your opinion is not really of any value here.
Did I say my opinion was of any value That why I tried my best to put MY OPINION, hinting that its an opinion and NOt a fact. Reading...Try it.

MamiWata:
We do this in Benin as well. You don't know the significance of scarification.
Thats nice and...? Read what me, including Kandiikane and onila said. We said a million times that we did NOT have a problem with scarification, but that it was practiced on children, children who had no voice if they even wanted it or not. Again reading...Try it.

Its getting annoying that we have to repeat ourselves dozens of times.

MamiWata:
It's one of a million things lost in the diaspora and if you're happy about that loss then be happy but don't expect those of us who didn't lose to give a damn about your opinion.

Did I freaking think or say people gave a damn about my opinion?? Isn't this why there was a debate going on?? I mean common sense would tell us that people did not care about each others opinion, especially since there was an argument. This is the internet, people have full rights to have opinions no matter if you or others like it or not. Its the internet and you're not always going to agree with someone. I say deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by ababda: 3:49am On Nov 14, 2013
onila: angry

i always looked at it beautiful and sexy esp on guys but never imagine it done this way!!!

Hello Onila i have many Dinka friends, at the same time they are their own country now. Their country is now called"SOUTH SUDAN", the poster pagan got it right.

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by MamiWata: 4:00am On Nov 14, 2013
KidStranglehold:
I say deal with it.

This is how I choose to deal with it.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by MamiWata: 4:05am On Nov 14, 2013
kandiikane:

I am sorry, how silly is this comment. For your information, i am an african and I am most certainly sure I have more knowledge of this issue more than you. Now, what exactly is eurocentralism. Which western world delves in the mutilation of female Instruments? Please do not come across as daft. If nothing is wrong with ethnic marks then nothing is wrong in vaginal mutilation right? I am certainly sure, if you had such hideous scars on your face and you will have a different opinion. Tradition, do you know how such things affect you socially, physically and mentally. Unless, you have gone through one of these traditional scars you have no grounds to stand on.

FGM and scarification are two very different things. FGM is done to promote female subservience and diminish female sex drive. When practiced as infibulation it can result in shock, death, a lifetime of painful menstruation, complications during childbirth etc. Scarification, on the other hand, is done to beautify both males and females of all social levels. It is done to help identify ethnicity. It is not considered hideous by those of us who do it. I have heard of no cases of shock or death. There have been infections but getting your ears pierced can also result in infection.

Btw it's eurocentrism not eurocentralism.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by ababda: 4:07am On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran: Well it looks like Henna is new as you don't really see it. But in Somali culture its everywhere especially during weddings. But in Ethiopia they don't have Henna, in Kenya the bantus don't have it. Weird how somethings skip certain people. But Khat is used in Somalia, Kenya (somalis use it in kenya), and Southern Arabia. The Sarong is used in Somalia, India, Indonesia. The head jewelry for weddings is used in Eritrea, Somalia, Djibouti, India.

so a lot of things get transmitted during trade.

Silly Somali Henna is not only a Somali thing, we have been doing this in Sudan since time immemorial.

[img]http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20070408&t=2&i=577377&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=600&pl=390&r=577377[/img]

[img]http://krasreunion.files./2013/07/wed4.jpg[/img]

artistically we in Sudan do it better

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 14, 2013
@ababda

Like I said the Ancient Egyptians were most likely the first to do it.

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by ababda: 4:15am On Nov 14, 2013
MamiWata:

FGM and scarification are two very different things. FGM is done to promote female subservience and diminish female sex drive. When practiced as infibulation it can result in shock, death, a lifetime of painful menstruation, complications during childbirth etc. Scarification, on the other hand, is done to beautify both males and females of all social levels. It is done to help identify ethnicity. It is not considered hideous by those of us who do it. I have heard of no cases of shock or death. There have been infections but getting your ears pierced can also result in infection.

Btw it's eurocentrism not eurocentralism.

Now, you can say it is about female subservience (fgm), but that is from a western point of view. Due to the fact that older women in my former country are the ones that mainly promote this practice or better yet known as pharaonic circumcision hence the possible origin of the practice.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by MamiWata: 4:27am On Nov 14, 2013
ababda:

Now, you can say it is about female subservience (fgm), but that is from a western point of view. Due to the fact that older women in my former country are the ones that mainly promote this practice or better yet known as pharaonic circumcision hence the possible origin of the practice.

No it is not a western point of view my dear. It's the point of view of a woman who enjoys sex and who knows many other West African women who will never enjoy sex because of what was done to them.

I know FGM is carried out by women. And it is us who will have to put an end to it. Not westerners with too much time on their hands...full-blooded, right-minded, African women like me.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by ababda: 4:34am On Nov 14, 2013
MamiWata:

No it is not a western point of view my dear. It's the point of view of a woman who enjoys sex and who knows many other West African women who will never enjoy sex because of what was done to them.

I know FGM is carried out by women. And it is us who will have to put an end to it. Not westerners with too much time on their hands...full-blooded, right-minded, African women like me.

Dear, it is not only a west African Thing. My family is from North Sudan, and Egypt, and it is pretty much alive and well there. However we don't use FGM which is a western term, we say Pharaonic circumcision. I do agree with you that the practice needs to end, by educating local women, who are the ones that mainly promote this practice.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by MamiWata: 4:45am On Nov 14, 2013
ababda:

Dear, it is not only a west African Thing. My family is from North Sudan, and Egypt, and it is pretty much alive and well there. However we don't use FGM which is a western term, we say Pharaonic circumcision. I do agree with you that the practice needs to end, by educating local women, who are the ones that mainly promote this practice.

The type of FGM practiced in Sudan and other parts of East Africa is exactly why it needs to be called FGM. The kind that is practiced in West Africa is tame in comparison. I just can not comprehend the type of brute who performs infibulation But East African women will have to end that if they wish. Thank the ancestors we (West Africans) don't have to suffer like them.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by HisClone: 4:50am On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran:

fulanis wear but i doubt bantus, cause kenyans don't have henna, Somalis, southern Arabs, Indians are the people who mostly use henna.

I doubt a zulu, or non fulani west african would know what henna is. and even in fulani, its a new thing, In somalia henna has been used for hundreds of years during weddings.
pls stup ur st1nking mouth,what do u know? Henna is used by almost every muslims in nigeria,but widely use in the norths by the hausas,fulanis,kanuris and tauregs.

Muslim women from my tribe use henna alot,deranged mumu grin

btw,mr.pove-rogos when are u going for surgery to get rid of ur bunk teeth and swollen fore-head that looks like a school bus? grin (note;- y'all charcant i the only weird looking creature with these irritating and ugly features) grin
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 6:53am On Nov 14, 2013
KidStranglehold: @ababda

Like I said the Ancient Egyptians were most likely the first to do it.

who do you think the ancient egyptians were? and what language group did they speak? cool
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2013
ababda good to see a sudanese person.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by HisClone: 7:45am On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran: ababda good to see a sudanese person.
go bow before him an lick his toe,he's ur lord
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 7:53am On Nov 14, 2013
His.Clone:
go bow before him an lick his toe,he's ur lord

Please stop self projecting. I like meeting people from different countries on this site. I ALWAYS ask people where there from.
Maybe you can start following him around for a change, and leave me alone. His not Cushitic but his an 'AY-RAB'.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAPAAFRICA: 9:29am On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran:

who do you think the ancient egyptians were? and what language group did they speak? cool
same language group as this guy
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 1:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: same language group as this guy

Not true, as Cushitic is much closer to ancient Egyptian.The Beja people speak cushitic language. And Somalis are much closer geographically to ancient egypt. all people in the horn who look cushitic speak cushitic or semetic language. while you negroids only have huasa, and some linguists don't even agree you should be afroasisatic, but your language is brought to you by outside influence.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAPAAFRICA: 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran:

Not true, as Cushitic is much closer to ancient Egyptian.The Beja people speak cushitic language. And Somalis are much closer geographically to ancient egypt. all people in the horn who look cushitic speak cushitic or semetic language. while you negroids only have huasa, and some linguists don't even agree you should be afroasisatic, but your language is brought to you by outside influence.
LOL negroids have a language from the same language group as the so called cushites and your mad about it. You dont feel so special sharing the langauge group of your semite gods now do you? BAHAHAHAHA. And it doesn't matter what SOME say when it is a generally accepted FACT amongst academia. SOME believe that Africa isnt the birth place of the first human but like you they are for the most part a bunch of cranks.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: LOL negroids have a language from the same language group as the so called cushites and your mad about it. You dont feel so special sharing the langauge group of your semite gods now do you? BAHAHAHAHA. And it doesn't matter what SOME say when it is a generally accepted FACT amongst academia. SOME believe that Africa isnt the birth place of the first human but like you they are for the most part a bunch of cranks.

cushitic is different from chadic. But they are both afroasiatic, some linguists don't even consider chadic afroasiatic. Besides ancient egyptians looked more somali than negroid. The people who live in southern egypt all the way to Somalia speak Cushitic. the only people of color near egypt are nubians and cushitics. The only easy way to get to Egypt from subsahran arica is following the Nile river. The nile river starts in Ethiopia. And Ethiopian Empires reached all the way to Egypt.

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAPAAFRICA: 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran:

cushitic is different from chadic. But they are both afroasiatic, some linguists don't even consider chadic afroasiatic. Besides ancient egyptians looked more somali than negroid. The people who live in southern egypt all the way to Somalia speak Cushitic. the only people of color near egypt are nubians and cushitics. The only easy way to get to Egypt from subsahran arica is following the Nile river. The nile river starts in Ethiopia. And Ethiopian Empires reached all the way to Egypt.
ofcourse its different from cushitic but its afroasiatic, the langauge group you always mention somalis share with arabs and jews making you somehow special. but ofcourse you dont know negroids also share the language group with them, OOooops. And like i said some dont think it should be considered afro asiatic and you support the premise because youre upset over reality. the Nile has has two sources. The PRIMARY source is the white Nile in Uganda/Tanzania/kenya and the secondary source being the blue Nile in Ethiopia.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran:

ababda being Northern Sudanese is actually more related to them than you...And Northern Sudanese are not Cushite.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 4:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
KidStranglehold:

ababda being Northern Sudanese is actually more related to them than you...And Northern Sudanese are not Cushite.

Never said northern sudanese are cushite, they speak arabic language. But genetically they are related more to somalis than they are to nigerians.
The entire people along the coast from Somalia to southern egypt look the same. Even the people in southern egypt and northern sudan speak cushitic language.

Northern Sudanese people in terms of looks, culture, and genetics are more in common with Somalis/Ethiopians than bantus. Am sure he will tell you that.

That being said, you never hear Somalis/Ethiopians talk about ancient egypt as much as you do bantus including those in America. Which is really hilarious once you think about it, if you don't find it funny than the irony is going over your head.

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran:

Never said northern sudanese are cushite, they speak arabic language. But genetically they are related more to somalis than they are to nigerians.
The entire people along the coast from Somalia to southern egypt look the same. Even the people in southern egypt and northern sudan speak cushitic language.

Northern Sudanese people in terms of looks, culture, and genetics are more in common with Somalis/Ethiopians than bantus. Am sure he will tell you that.

That being said, you never hear Somalis/Ethiopians talk about ancient egypt as much as you do bantus including those in America. Which is really hilarious once you think about it, if you don't find it funny than the irony is going over your head.

Do you not know that Northern Sudanese people do not carry none of the haplogroups Somali carries?? Also that Sudanese people are descendants of the Nubians who themselves were again NILE SAHARAN?? Nubians have nothing to do with Somalis or other horners. Mile Saharans lived on the Nile Valley far longer than Cushites. Stop talking about topics you don't know about. And stop bring up Bantu's since you always use it in the wrong context. Of course Northern Sudanese have nothing to do with Bantu people, especially since Bantu people DO NOT live on the Nile Valley(like Somalis) and are RECENT migrates to Northeast Africa.

But more importantly you should note this.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-XdY3E3uOsgw/TvzM6u5OgzI/AAAAAAAAEZ0/_pCkKg3r86M/s1600/dnatribes.jpg[/img]
http://dnatribes.com/dnatribes-digest-2012-01-01.pdf
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
Seriously are you saying that Nubians are more related to Nigerians than TO Somalis?

Am not talking about the bantu looking ones in the South who got their own country. But the ones in the north? Cause I hate to break it to you but they enslaved the bantus and didn't like them.

How are these people more related to Nigerians than Somalis/Ethiopians? THESE sudanese women below look straight up Somali. But you can ask our Sudanese friend on this forum if they are related to Nigerians and bantus

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran: Seriously are you saying that Nubians are more related to Nigerians than TO Somalis?

Am not talking about the bantu looking ones in the South who got their own country. But the ones in the north? Cause I hate to break it to you but they enslaved the bantus and didn't like them.

How are these people more related to Nigerians than Somalis/Ethiopians? THESE sudanese women below look straight up Somali. But you can ask our Sudanese friend on this forum if they are related to Nigerians and bantus

Cherrypicked photos as usual...First off Nubians are not one monolithic group, but consist of many different tribes. Second off how do you even know people in your photos are even ethic Nubians?? Third...ACTUAL NUBIANS from Sudan.

[img]http://www.sudaneseonline.info/upload13/Jul13/Midob_NubianSchool_Malha_N.Darfur.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/_x3qhxPLWFE8/R1H23vu488I/AAAAAAAAAC4/PdnG9zA3ris/s200/worker+in+the+clinic1021.jpg[/img]

Forth...Again you don't even know what Bantu means, so stop using the word since you're humiliating yourself badly. SOUTHERN SUDANESE ARE NOT BANTU!!!!!!! Meanwhile these people are! HA!

Fifth...Stop putting words in my mouth, just because of your broken argument. When did I say Nigerians were closely related to the Nubians?? Where?? More projection and Nigerians are not Bantu.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
OMG.

Are you saying that Nubians are more related to bantus than Somalis? yes or no?
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ajuran: OMG.

Are you saying that Nubians are more related to bantus than Somalis? yes or no?

I'm done with you. Its clear that you dont like reading posts, when I already said BANTUS ARE RECENT MIGRATES to the areas and THUS NOT RELATED TO NUBIANS!
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Ajuran: 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
KidStranglehold:

I'm done with you. Its clear that you dont like reading posts, when I already said BANTUS ARE RECENT MIGRATES to the areas and THUS NOT RELATED TO NUBIANS!

Answer my question. Are you Nubians more related to Nigerians or Somalis? yes or no? lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. / Having A Sixth Finger / Aminat Abiodun, Iyalode Of Ibadan Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.