Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars (25862 Views)

Somebody Tell Benjamin Netanyahu That Igbo Are The Lost Tribe Of Gad! / You Might Want To Know That We Yorubas Are Part Of The Lost Tribe Of Israel / Igbo Lost Tribe Of Israel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by onila(f): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
angry

i always looked at it beautiful and sexy esp on guys but never imagine it done this way!!!

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by onila(f): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2013

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by tpia5: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Very handsome boy.

How do they control the scar healing to make it so uniform?

This is the kind of research africa/nigeria should be looking into and funding, but of course we dont have time for anything like that.

Lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by homesteady(m): 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Bloody hell!! shocked shocked shocked shocked this is barbaric shocked

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by homesteady(m): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
tpia@:
Very handsome boy.

How do they control the scar healing to make it so uniform?

This is the kind of research africa/nigeria should be looking into and funding, but of course we dont have time for anything like that.
This tpia, you like saying nonsense! angry angry What is handsome there
How do they control the scar? Is the scar not meant to form around the injury? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by tpia5: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
You people are so embarassing, must you respond if you dont understand a post?

And if you do respond, is civility something that wasnt taught in your family?

This poster above me in particular, why do you always respond to people with curses and insults?

You probably received no hugs as a child, i'm guessing, gosh you are miserable, na wa.

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Fulaman198(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
homesteady: Bloody hell!! shocked shocked shocked shocked this is barbaric shocked

?? This is traditional, just because you have a Eurocentric view does not mean you have a right to label something barbaric... it I obviously doesn't kill them. Do you see them crying?

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by tpia5: 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Stop spewing bitterness and hatred all over the forum, at your age you ought to know better, at least you are not a toddler.

Even bill gates would be ashamed of you, this is just too unbecoming, learn to control yourself and if you need help or medication, see a doctor or go for anger management training.

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Fulaman198(m): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
If he continues to show such behaviour I'll ban him.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by tpia5: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
He needs help.
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Im glad they still take Tribal Marks seriously in South SUdan.

We in NIgeria have become spoilt. even if hurt by a pin , we start crying.

I know many SOuth Sudanese University students studying in Uganda, etc. and they all have those 6-7 forehead marks and they are normal about it.

Each scar represents a duty of fullfilment towards manhood. You will have the 7th mark only if you are last born.

This is for the Nuer.

The Murle (enemies of the Nuer), usually make space in the front incissor teeth.

3 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by homesteady(m): 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

?? This is traditional, just because you have a Eurocentric view does not mean you have a right to label something barbaric... it I obviously doesn't kill them. Do you see them crying?
So in other words, you are in support of this? undecided
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by homesteady(m): 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
tpia@:
Stop spewing bitterness and hatred all over the forum, at your age you ought to know better, at least you are not a toddler.

Even bill gates would be ashamed of you, this is just too unbecoming, learn to control yourself and if you need help or medication, see a doctor or go for anger management training.
And see who's preaching! shocked SMH pot calling kettle black shocked
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Fulaman198(m): 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
homesteady:
So in other words, you are in support of this? undecided

I'm not God, it is not my place to deem what is right and what isn't right. No other human being has the right to tell a culture to stop their practises.

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Fulaman198(m): 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Im glad they still take Tribal Marks seriously in South SUdan.

We in NIgeria have become spoilt. even if hurt by a pin , we start crying.

I know many SOuth Sudanese University students studying in Uganda, etc. and they all have those 6-7 forehead marks and they are normal about it.

Each scar represents a duty of fullfilment towards manhood. You will have the 7th mark only if you are last born.

This is for the Nuer.

The Murle (enemies of the Nuer), usually make space in the front incissor teeth.

Exactly, the Nuer, the Dinka all still practise this. I really respect their cultures. Like Tpia said, they are beautiful people indeed.

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

I'm not God, it is not my place to deem what is right and what isn't right. No other human being has the right to tell a culture to stop their practises.

EXACTLY!

especially christians who were born yesterday.

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by onila(f): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
some cultures need to be abloshed

nothing abt Eurocentric views here

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by homesteady(m): 11:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

So even if the culture leads to their death? undecided
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by Fulaman198(m): 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
homesteady:

The majority are not dying. There are practises in every culture that everyone does. No one has a right to try and deem any culture as superior. If you do not like this culture, you as a human being have the freedom to not watch or partake in it.

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
onila: some cultures need to be abloshed

nothing abt Eurocentric views here

some religions need to be abolished as well.

1 Like

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
homesteady:

there is no death here.

remember, 50 years back, circumcision was carried out in our villages using such primitive methods. (actually even now)

we could incorporate modern methods into these age-old customs.

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by homesteady(m): 11:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

there is no death here.

remember, 50 years back, circumcision was carried out in our villages using such primitive methods. (actually even now)

we could incorporate modern methods into these age-old customs.
Circumcision has some benefits, but what is the benefit of this nonsense here?
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by homesteady(m): 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

The majority are not dying. There are practises in every culture that everyone does. No one has a right to try and deem any culture as superior. If you do not like this culture, you as a human being have the freedom to not watch or partake in it.

No wonder we still have polio cases in Nigeria! embarassed embarassed
Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
homesteady:
Circumcision has some benefits, but what is the benefit of this nonsense here?

what benifits?

are uncircumcized people dying today?

You are just biased and narrow minded like the rest of your lot.

even i can rubbish circumcision as a nonsense and perversion of nature.

if you want to find benifits in this, then let me tell you:

-It is culture.

-It reminds young boys during their initiation of their 6 major duties. This they will remember life long whenevr they look in the mirror.

-During war time and cattle raiding, it helps distinguish tribe members so they are not mistakenly killed in the cross fire.

(remember in the SPLA war, this was very essential.)

-While abroad , it helps you recognize tribe members.

2 Likes

Re: The Pain And Toture Behind The Dinka Tribe of Sudan Scars by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
homesteady:

No wonder we still have polio cases in Nigeria! embarassed embarassed

polio has nothing to do with that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Forget About Oil, The Gold In Ife Needs Exploration – Ooni / Nigerian Languages Listed According To States / Awa Yorubas, We Too Much : Yoruba Cultural Dance Across The Globe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.