Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. (13081 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Are Preparing For The Easter Season In The North. PICS / Our Soldiers Are Not Like Nigerians, They Don't Run - Niger's Defence Ministry / Buhari Organization Backs Mutiny; Soldiers Are Free To Protest - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by sogah: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
Agbor and soldiers sha!
Make delta state govt pay my NYSC salary for 12months ooooo(primary schools)
2012 Batch A Corpers.

Excuse me, I need to use d rest room.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Elueme: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
@OP, you hAve only told a partial truth about the situation in Agbor. You and I know that AGBOR was fast becoming amenace and a security treat to its inhabitants because of the rascally behaviour of your boys going by different street cults as well as the incidence of kidnapping that once peaked just about when ifeanyi Okowa's dad was a victim. The coming of the military was not construeded out of mischief buy to salvage a deteriorating situation. But we must however, rise yo say no to exploitation and abuse of powers if the military are misusing such privilege buy at the same time we must ensure that our people are doing the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by kabba7(m): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
If the solders will not listen to elders as someone just posted does the elders not know how to deal with those solldiers in the traditional way they should make some few ones go unclad eating shit what is all these blackberies you go about meant for ? do some photo snapping /video recording s of those zombies when on those dehumanising activities . Just wacthout for informants . Come around to report to elders here and sooner ater they will go away on their own when some few ones has gone into forests .
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
omoredia:

are you people not criminals for not exposing kidnappers? why complain when the army is doing their job? so u want army to dey smile or they greet you before him search your house? fools
For you to accused everyone as criminals shows how low your mentality is, even in borno, yobe and adamawa, there are innocent persons living there. How many criminals have you exposed in your household? 50% of those caught confessed that they are not even from the town. Stop the insults.
Thanks mods.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
Instead of the stealing governor to face and tackle the security challenges in the state, he chose the easy option of using the military to provide security.... The armed forces are trained to kill and maim people, not to offer security....

Uduaghan is the poison ibori planted in delta state house... He is the cause of all this trouble...in Sapele, the army shot a young boy in the head and accused him of being a kidnapper.. They also help the so called elite to oppress poor people and take their land....

I smell a Revolt brewing!!!! Uduaghan and his cohorts cannot opress us any more..

I hope ibori hangs himself whereever he is...... Thieves

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by LarryTreash(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
Its even worst over here in Isuikwato Abia State, wen u tlk all they will tel u is dat dey r trying 2 keep d area calm dat d Chief of Army staff is 4rm here, We r tired of dis problems.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by litetias(m): 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
This is hardly news. Anyone that knows Agbor knows as well that the police and the military infringe a lot on the fundamental human rights and dignity of the residents. This is not helped at all by the prevalence of a violent and law breaking attitude among the youths many of whom belong to street gangs. This however does not excuse the indiscipline of the security forces and their tendency to exceed the bounds of their assigned responsibility, something which is common with Nigerians. Nigerians' inability to place dignity of self above every other consideration has far-reaching consequences.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
My bros,anywhere Nigeria military is deployed is in a state of war and the residents have murdered sleep and they will sleep no more.Delta state if not all of the nija delta is a different place entirely.before the coming of the military we know how this place is(i stay and work in Warri)Bank robbery almost on a daily basis,kidnapping etc.I can tell you how many times we have encountered armed robbers along the warri benin road,especially in mosuggar(forgot the spelling) but all of these reduced,even now despite their presence there is hardly a day without kidnapping in warri,now tell me what will happen if they are not there.As per the okada riders and their being maltreated,i will tell you that those guys(i mean bike riders)are one of the most stubborn people i have ever encountered.simple traffic law is alien to them,you see the way soldiers punish them every day from airport road to jakpa to refinery road to uti. etc so if is because of them that soldiers should go.i want you to settle down and do a bit of research on these people,you will come to the conclusion that they need more punishment.my advice is let the people change their way then the military can leave delta state.if not if those soldiers leave delta today problem "go dey o"

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by almasterpiece(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
i reside in agbor, although what the army are doing is quite unfair. But if not 4 their presence hmmm 1 iota of peace would be experienced
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by PrettyCindy(f): 3:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
@op, nani?

The street where i live is very close to the soldiers lodge and i can tell you that the op is very correct.
Honestly, the solidiers have done well in reducing the kidnapping and robbery rate in my town but they have over done it as is their way of live. It has gotten to the stage that any one who passes in front of their lodge stands the risk of being asked to cut the grasses in front of their lodge or inside the compound.

The okadas suffer the most as their bikes are constantly seized mostly for the fun of it.

The latest craze with thy soldiers now that they prepare for patrol and the next thing, they cause a roadblock in certain junction (i witnessed the one at Doherty by Lagos Asaba road junction and also another one along Lagos Asaba road on a different day) and they will ask every okada to discharge their passengers and roll their bike to a certain distance before the bike man can continue his journey with his passenger.

A woman once went to complain to them about her son's behaviour. She wanted them to correct him sort of cos he stole petty petty thing at home.
Well, she took the boy there alive but when she went to pick him in the evening (after the supposed correction), she was given his corpse. The reason they gave for killing him is because he is a potential armed robber. JUST LIKE THAT!!!

I could go on and on. All we wish i for them to tone down their oppression.

Oh and FYI, the period they were hired for was during the Okowa' fathers kidnap. Since he was released, the local Government has stopped paying the rent of the duplex that was rented for them but they refuse to leave. The owner of the duplex has complained but nothing has been done about it.
Talk about oppression of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by zaachi: 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
See kidnappers and cultist and even arm robbers doing useless propaganda on nairaland so that the soldiers can leave so that u guys will have all the opportunity without any opposition to wreck havoc on the innocent ones abi Una work no go plan.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: @op, nani?

The street where i live is very close to the soldiers lodge and i can tell you that the op is very correct.
Honestly, the solidiers have done well in reducing the kidnapping and robbery rate in my town but they have over done it as is their way of live. It has gotten to the stage that any one who passes in front of their lodge stands the risk of being asked to cut the grasses in front of their lodge or inside the compound.

The okadas suffer the most as their bikes are constantly seized mostly for the fun of it.

The latest craze with thy soldiers now that they prepare for patrol and the next thing, they cause a roadblock in certain junction (i witnessed the one at Doherty by Lagos Asaba road junction and also another one along Lagos Asaba road on a different day) and they will ask every okada to discharge their passengers and roll their bike to a certain distance before the bike man can continue his journey with his passenger.

A woman once went to complain to them about her son's behaviour. She wanted them to correct him sort of cos he stole petty petty thing at home.
Well, she took the boy there alive but when she went to pick him in the evening (after the supposed correction), she was given his corpse. The reason they gave for killing him is because he is a potential armed robber. JUST LIKE THAT!!!

Oh and FYI, the period they were hired for was during the Okowa' fathers kidnap. Since he was released, the local Government has stopped paying the rent of the duplex that was rented for them but they refuse to leave. The owner of the duplex has complained but nothing has been done about it.
smh. This is really shocking. I will have to celebrate my Christmas here then than to travel to my village as I earlier planned.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by AGBORMAN1(m): 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
AGBOR IS MY PLACE OF BIRTH

I AM CONFUSED NOW AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT MY KINGDOM
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:
AGBOR IS MY PLACE OF BIRTH

I AM CONFUSED NOW AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT MY KINGDOM
its really scary. my grandparent stays in azun-owa. When I traveled in July,my grandpa complained of the same thing. I can't believe Its still the same thing op is complaining of.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by AGBORMAN1(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
mz mariah: its really scary. my grandparent stays in azun-agbor. When I traveled in July,my grandpa complained of the same thing. I can't believe Its still the same thing op is complaining of.

Are u from Agbor? Nice to see Sister online. hellosmiley form AgborMan from Uk

x
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

Are u from Agbor? Nice to see Sister online. hellosmiley form AgborMan from Uk

x

I am from owa-oyibu. Nice to see you too.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by AGBORMAN1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
mz mariah: I am from owa-oyibu. Nice to see you too.

I am Alisimie. Agbor.

I own the Biggest Student Lodge in Agbor, along Agbor-Warri Road, almost opposite college of Agbor New Site.

My Pleasure to meet u

God Bless u
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
McLuhan: Instead of terrorising Boko Haram militants, they are terrorising innocent civilians. Rubbish! It is only in Nigeria that soldiers leave their barracks and roam the streets with horsewhips, expecting motorists to clear the streets so they can drive around unhindered and daring anyone to utter a word in protest. Against the acceptable practice all over the world, Nigerian soldiers even arrest and detain civilians! They make a habit of preying on policemen, fighting them at every opportunity and killing them at the slightest provocation. They frequently clash with members of the other armed forces as well, as if they are enemy combatants at the warfront. Except government calls these errant soldiers to order, [b]our society will became [/b]more and more lawless.

trust me bro, if i were a soldier i would personally flog you for the bolded. undecided
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

I am Alisimie. Agbor.

I own the Biggest Student Lodge in Agbor, along Agbor-Warri Road, almost opposite college of Agbor New Site.

My Pleasure to meet u

God Bless u
Amen
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
zaachi: See kidnappers and cultist and even arm robbers doing useless propaganda on nairaland so that the soldiers can leave so that u guys will have all the opportunity without any opposition to wreck havoc on the innocent ones abi Una work no go plan.
You did not take time to read the comments of other persons before you posted this trash. I wonder how you pass exams @ sch cause you are type that won't read the instructions.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by windows8: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2013

@ pretty cindy Ohuma
I also noticed how they go to different shops, drink and eat whatever they like without paying a dime. The owners of those shops can't say or do anything. You need to see the accident they caused very close to the stadium last nite. I pray and hope that they boy involved can walk again.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by otokx(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
Fela sang - they leave sorrow, tears and blood, their regular trade mark.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Sability(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
5columnist: Are you a kidnapper? Why are you complaining? So the leaders should complain so that the army will go and you will start your ungodly business of kidnapping defenceless citizens.

So everybody in agbor has now become kidnappers? or by flogging innocent citizens on the street will stop kidnapping abi? smh

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by ikaboy: 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
@OP, in as much as i feel your pain, am of the view that the soldiers should remain in Agbor and Boji Boji. You will agree with me that the level of cultism was increasing in the town. I could remember an Okada man threatening to shoot me i try blocking him again while driving. I was baffled. Is my wish that they persist to sanitize the town a little.

IKA RI MA!!!!!!!!!
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by ikaboy: 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2013

@ Prettycindy, I agree with you that the guys have gone astray. But you will agree with me that their services is still needed, especially at a time that waywardness and cultism is on the increase.

ONU KOKO ME!

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by onyekabe(m): 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
The presence of the khaki boys has made life uncomfortable for agbor dwellers. I could remember when one of them beat me to a coma, because he saw me talking to his girlfriend. Tips to avoid them do not go out once it is 7pm to 6am. Secondly always avoid bear parlours
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by ikaboy: 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

I am Alisimie. Agbor.

My Pleasure to meet u

God Bless u

who ask u? weda u own the entire Boji Boji or not. very atypical of an Agbor man.

Ewobi
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by iamdsam: 12:31am On Nov 15, 2013
This is pitiable but it's the fact. The Nigerian military men do oppress citizens in Delta State. There's also a same like case in Sapele, Delta State where military men oppress, humiliate, bully and punish youths because of what they put on or wore. This has got me wondering if there's no human right supporting a Nigerian citizen to put on whatever they wanna put on. I pray that the military men in Nigeria would be used only for their true purpose because they've over stepped their limits for too long. We ain't in a military regime. So this got to stop.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by iamdsam: 12:38am On Nov 15, 2013

Indeed! This is why I don't pity for them when they're been slain by the Boko Haram insurgents. They oppress the poor citizens too much.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 15, 2013
well i once asked a soldier friend why they behave as they do towards civilians and his answer was that soldiers usually get angry when they have to do the work of the police. now as lame as that answer is, it contains some element of truth. soldiers are trained to be aggressive. they are trained to kill and hurt other human beings as efficiently as possible this is why when the security situation gets really bad they are the ones called in and for that same reason do not also expect that they would be the nicest people on earth. so who is to blame? clearly the federal government who seem to daftt to realize that if you need soldiers to perform the work of the police it is either you should give the police better and more soldier like training or give the soldiers police training as well. soldiers are not meant to be deployed internally barring a state of emergency!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by Samick: 10:16am On Nov 15, 2013
I'm pretty certain that without the presence of the Army Agbor would have been a den of robbers/killers, however the Army should stop the molestation of innocent civilians.
Re: Soldiers Are Terrorising Citizens In Agbor, Delta State. by gsainttrinity(m): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2013
ikaboy:

who ask u? weda u own the entire Boji Boji or not. very atypical of an Agbor man.

Ewobi
Hahahaha... guy calm down.
on a more serious note every thing been said here is the truth.
soldiers and kidnappers are making Agbor a scary place.
My uncle was kidnapped on Saturday and was just released this morning as I speak. the owner of camelite paint (A.j.Nmoye) was also kidnapped last week and I don't know if he has been released or not.
the irony the more soldiers terrorize the town the more kidnapping that goes on.
Nigeria, the President gej, its time for community police.
'Ika rè nma!'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Bayelsan Woman Enjoying Oil Money(photo) / Don't Take Our Silence On Restructuring For Granted - Northern Senators / AAC Suspends Sowore Omoyele As National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.