Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student (22124 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
I remember so well after an integrated science class in my JSS 3 when we were taught that a combination of hydrogen and oxygen ( ratio 2:1) wlld yield water, I just thought that yeah so water bottling companies get 2 'big" chambers of hydrogen and oxygen gases to mix and then Boooooooooommm!!!!!! We've gt water H2O.
Did y'all av any as eager science students??

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Ajibel(m): 12:29am On Nov 14, 2013
I was fascinated with magnetism and so had this wild belief that almost everythin can attract to eachother/ one another... I read that if u rub a plastic ruler on a silk cloth and place it close to ur hair, ur hair stands grin grin
I decided to try lots of combinations cheesy
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:06am On Nov 14, 2013
Can't remember

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Suzie0(f): 1:25am On Nov 14, 2013
Oops! I just entered the wrong thread. Cos i'm not a science student. #leaves thread with the speed of light#

9 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nastydroid(m): 1:33am On Nov 14, 2013
i still believe it tho......that i can get electricity via thunder using a lightning conductor,i been wan try am but faraday story dy always push me off.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nastydroid(m): 1:35am On Nov 14, 2013
Suzie 0.:
Oops! I just entered the wrong thread. Cos i'm not a science student. #leaves thread with the speed of light#
hey! you drop one of your legs *gives you ur fake left leg*

5 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nastydroid(m): 1:38am On Nov 14, 2013
@op na woman you find come NL ni? you ain't even following a single dude......at least if you marry those ones wey u dy follow prostitution go reduce

9 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2013
Nastydroid: hey! you drop one of your legs *gives you ur left fake leg*
*pins him down and beat the sh+t out of him for constituting a nuisance grin* Op, you were saying something

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Jelo4kul(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
Cries out Loud,this thread is not for meeeeeeeee.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Lilimax(f): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
A lot but can't think out any presently ...
okay, laughing gas "Nitrous Oxide", "N2O",comes to my mind undecided

Thought then that when you inhale the laughing gas, you'll start laughing like a mad person .
Although it gives a euphoric effect when inhaled but not to the level of laughing like a mad person cheesy

I'm better informed now cool.

5 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by sekzy99(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
@op, ar u sayin wen u tried mixin h20 u d nt get water?

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by kceemart(f): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Suzie 0.:
How do u know d speed of light then if u are not a science student?

8 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
When I was in SS1, I mistakenly drank an acid during quantitative analysis experiment, before that day, I used to believe acid is really sour in taste.

--------------------------------
Don't ask me the taste, because my sense of taste wasn't functioning during the incident.

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by shitshappen(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
Teleportation, that matter can dematerialise( break into simple units) and reassemble elsewhere, is a very weird concept. Imagine I can appear where Mukina is right now and give him a dirty slap. lol
Levitation also, particle physics is a big cock and bull story

5 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by ritux: 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nastydroid: @op na woman you find come NL ni? you ain't even following a single dude......at least if you marry those ones wey u dy follow prostitution go reduce

Lol
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by gluv01(f): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
undecided

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by ACM10: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hendrixtzee: I remember so well after an integrated science class in my JSS 3 when we were taught that a combination of hydrogen and oxygen ( ratio 2:1) wlld yield water, I just thought that yeah so water bottling companies get 2 'big" chambers of hydrogen and oxygen gases to mix and then Boooooooooommm!!!!!! We've gt water H2O.
Did y'all av any as eager science students??

I can feel that science is not your strong suite. However I will give you a benefit of doubt since you were in JSS3 at the time. The reaction that gives rise to water was clear in my head when I was in JSS3. I equally learnt that commercial/public water are made available through water purification process. I also knew at that stage that combination of hydrogen gas with oxygen gas will lead to an explosion. I knew all these facts while I was in JSS3.

4 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by kay4all(m): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
Oh! I will comment later after am tru with my garri and kuli kuli.

2 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by felzylix(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
SMH! Oop n his like, u guys r xo xo re tar ded

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Rilwayne001: 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
dat d earth was a rolling hot ball

waT a CraPP#
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Anthony0094(m): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
I believe that man is a monkey in a modernize way
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by israeltob(m): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
I did. Salt and water separation. got mi thinking alot of times. Until we performed the pratical
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Rayvene(f): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
kceemart: How do u know d speed of light then if u are not a science student?

Must one be a science student to know that? undecided
Even the dumbest dumbass knows that.

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Lordseyad(m): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
Am coming.........leemee consult my txtbooks....fm
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Chrisx1x(m): 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
Many tins happened
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by lirusehn(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
i blivd den dat livingthings giv birf 2 young ones of dia kind untill a goat wuz delivered of a BBBoy
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Chrisx1x(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
I was taught that we hv step up n step down transformer so i decided 2 step up a ba3 voltage into some tin higher-xperiement failed.d only result i got was an electric shoke that made me 2 abandon d xperient.perhaps i made one or two wrng conection

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Jfast: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
NA ESCAPERS WEY NO DEY ENTER CLASS GO TALK PASS

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by tjdj: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
SUN RISES IN THE EAST AND SET IN THE WEST.....BULLSHIT, SUN NEVER MOVE, ITS JUST THE EARTH THAT ROTATES WHICH GIVES NIGHT AND DAY.....dont blame my teachers then, how could they explain a rotating earth to a boy anyway

10 Likes

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by johncasey1(m): 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
I remember peeing into d bottle for ammonia after i spilled the contents..#ammonia smells like urine y'knw......,.....#picks race#

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need Help: Glo Code To Subscribe For Daily Internet Usage / The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans / Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.