Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured (22769 Views)

Photos: Gov Abiola Ajimobi Convoy Causes Gridlock Of Traffic / Election War In Akwa Ibom State-many Dead, Many Injured (Graphic photos) / President Of The New Islamic State Convoy Causes Panic In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by ngcars(m): 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
I lost a very good friend to this unfortunate accident. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by Demdem(m): 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ammanda :
I asked you a simple question and gave my humble advice, and here you are blabbing.
To your question,You are not ok.

Shove ur advise into ur anus. Ur loved ones wey dem don swear for will surely need it.
Iddiot, as if I requested for one.
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by samlokko(m): 12:54am On Nov 15, 2013
owolabifunke14: No source no picture,I'm sorry it didn't happen
The accident actually in my presence,infact if I had not stepped back to buy recharge card,maybe I would have been among the dead as the woman standing with me at bus stop died instantly.
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by realwale: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2013
i dont even know how to start this, i will just say LET US PUT A NAME TO THESE FACES. i have stopped commenting on social issues on since the fuel subsidy issues because i realised we nigerians are just noise makers who cant enforce any changes but tonight i am breaking my silence because this is one of my saddest day since i lost my dad in 2006.

i read in the Punch this morning that a convoy killed a former ASUU president and student will not be resuming for now. only for me to read that a convoy also caused another accident in Lagos barely 24hrs after that causing the death of two innocent people. i criticised our govt as usual with my colleagues and forgot about it until i got this very very heartbreaking call that ADEBAMBO OLUMUYIWA ABIMBOLA of the UNIVERSITY OF ADO-EKITI( UNAD 2004 GRADUATING SET) was one of those killed .

You know the irony of life is that we hear and read about boko haram killing dozens, policemen killing pple and convoy killing pple and our bad roads causing accidents but most of us just say HEY YAH and forget about it because we dont know the victims but for the first time in my life i can the pain the relatives of those victims must have felt.

If the convoy had killed president Jonathan's brother or sister or David Mark's daughter, the whole nation will be agog by now and the National Assembly and Presidency would have come up with a law banning the abuse of sirens and convoys.

sarumi killed a just wedded couple in 2000 and Tafa Balogun did same in Osun in 2004 when a killed a young man too through convoy accidents. many people have died yet no one has ever be prosecuted.

ADEBAMBO OLUMIYIWA, we spoke on the phone concerning ASUU strike less than 48hrs ago and i was planning on calling you tonight to inform you that ASUU wont be resuming next week again. I remember the last time i saw you at chesire home for the disabled and we talked about going outside of this country to seek greener pastures.

you were a true hutsler who showed me what KINDNESS,INTEGRITY AND HUMILITY are all about. brilliant and yet unassuming, i am going to miss you so much.

you did what most of your agemates wont do, working in a a home for DISABLED and showing them love, the first time i visited you at CHESIRE HOME IN MUSHIN, i was like waoh, how do cope with all these physically and mentally challenged children. you showed them love and care, i know they are going to miss you.

I AM GOING TO MISS YOU.

i want us all to put names to those faces/victims of these avoidable disasters and feel the hurt, maybe the solutions will start from there. May those who drove those vehicles in the convoy never know peace again their lives. my heart goe out to your mum,ur broda; kayode and ur sister folusho.

REST IN PEACE MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER.

Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by realwale: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2013
ngcars: I lost a very good friend to this unfortunate accident. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

i lost one of my best friend too @ ADEBAMBO OLUMUYIWA ABIMBOLA. he works for at CHESHIRE HOME FOR THE DISABLED IN MUSHIN catering to the needs of those needy children. doing what the stupid politicians are voted to do but wont do.
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by Garrithe1st: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2013
owolabifunke14: Gov Fashola should be the one to compensate the victims families since the accident happened in his state. # My take on your question

I hope you are aware that Akpabio and his family stay in Lag...

#JustSaying
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by pinkkystel(f): 9:56am On Nov 15, 2013
The story reported by the Op is false. I was at the scene when the accident occurred. The accident happened. About 5mins later after the governors convoy had passed. A lady waiting to join the brt bus to oshodi, got tired of waiting and decided to go and join the yellow commercial buses because she was running late, no sooner had she stepped out of the brt line, a tipper lost control( break failure) and swayed off the express running into her and another guy selling ice cream. The ice cream guy was immediately rushed to a near by hospital, while the woman remained on the ground gapsing for air and onlooker watched on. The tipper climbed her waist region, she was still alive foaming through her mouth, but instated of taking her to the hospital people where busy watching, shouting, lamenting, and concluding that she was already dead instead of looking for a way to save her life. After about 10mins a danfo bus arrived, they pulled out the seat of the bus and she was carried into the bus and rushed to the hospital.
An ambulance later arrived at the scene about an hour later. After both victims have been rushed to the hospital.
The icecream guy was later rejected at the private hospital he was rushed to, and with the help of the ambulance that came later on he was transferred to a general hospital.
9 people were not injured and 2 people did not die as reported by the Op and it was not the governors Convoy that caused the accident.
People should verify their stories before reporting
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by realwale: 9:59am On Nov 15, 2013
Yoruba_Jesus: Using algorithm to solve this problem. They should find out the name of the hospital that is "yet to be identified", then find out the patient that was visited. From the patients visitors book, look at the time line and compare with the time of the accident. Any government official who visited that day and left between 10 and 20 mins before the accident took place is our guy.

the name of the hospital is HAMKAD HOSPITAL @ u turn, i also use the hospital, it is the only big hospital around that side . i am taking this very personal, my friend must not die in vain.
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by realwale: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2013
pinkkystel: The story reported by the Op is false. I was at the scene when the accident occurred. The accident happened. About 5mins later after the governors convoy had passed. A lady waiting to join the brt bus to oshodi, got tired of waiting and decided to go and join the yellow commercial buses because she was running late, no sooner had she stepped out of the brt line, a tipper lost control( break failure) and swayed off the express running into her and another guy selling ice cream. The ice cream guy was immediately rushed to a near by hospital, while the woman remained on the ground gapsing for air and onlooker watched on. The tipper climbed her waist region, she was still alive foaming through her mouth, but instated of taking her to the hospital people where busy watching, shouting, lamenting, and concluding that she was already dead instead of looking for a way to save her life. After about 10mins a danfo bus arrived, they pulled out the seat of the bus and she was carried into the bus and rushed to the hospital.
An ambulance later arrived at the scene about an hour later. After both victims have been rushed to the hospital.
The icecream guy was later rejected at the private hospital he was rushed to, and with the help of the ambulance that came later on he was transferred to a general hospital.
9 people were not injured and 2 people did not die as reported by the Op and it was not the governors Convoy that caused the accident.
People should verify their stories before reporting

@pinkkystel. you are fucking liar. my best fiens died in that accident and he does not sell ice-cream, he works at CHESHIRE DISABLED HOME IN MUSHIN. so where did u get your stupid story from. check my earlier post for all the details. we are trying to get over the loss and u are here telling lies. his name is ABIMBOLA ADEBAMBO OLUMUYIWA , graduated from the university of ado-ekiti in 2004. maybe you are talking about another accident.
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
But this polithiefcians are really men of the underworld. Imagine seeing that you've killed another human being like you and yet, ur conscience culdnt even spare u a second to wait to address the situation. Well, big/influential as man may be, no one ever bigger/more influential than God. God shall reward everyone of us according to our deeds - amen.

R.I.P. to the dead
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by whitecat007: 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
This could have even been an eastern governor's convoy. It has happened before when Obi or another eastern governor's convoy ran a woman and her young children off road in Lagos

Fashola and Amosun should ban all outside convoy in and around Lagos so when convoy related accidents happen they can take responsibility for it.

It is not fair for any governor to cause trouble in Lagos for Fashola and Amosun
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by rossete2020(f): 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bt it's been confirmed dt it was Kogi governor convoy dt caused d accident nd killed prof. Iyayi in d process. So what abt Lagos, Ogun state government dt most pple here are mentioning. I tink dt dis is one of d issue dt will b discussed by human right come nxt mont, on d 10th.
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Chimzy2: Mr tipper driver u no try at all, u shouldn't ve avoided the government convoy...is better to kill those careless govt convoy drivers than those innocent masses on the road searching for their daily
bread...incase it happens next time..just kill dem all..I mean all dos stupid govt motorcade drivers.

Yeah! It would've been better if the tipper driver had rammed d tipper on d convoy. Commendations/applause would've been given to him.
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by talktimi(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
whitecat007: This could have even been an eastern governor's convoy. It has happened before when Obi or another eastern governor's convoy ran a woman and her young children off road in Lagos

Fashola and Amosun should ban all outside convoy in and around Lagos so when convoy related accidents happen they can take responsibility for it.

It is not fair for any governor to cause trouble in Lagos for Fashola and Amosun
the fact youre a bigot doesnt mean you should also be stvpid.

1 Like

Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by naptu2: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2013
[size=14pt]Road Crash In Which Lagos Community Leader Was Killed Is Linked To Reckless Convoy Of Kwara State First Lady, Omolewa Ahmed[/size]

November 19, 2013 - 22:27 — siteadmin

The killing of a female community leader by a trailer in Abule-Egba in Lagos on November 13 has been linked to the convoy of the First Lady of Kwara State, Omolewa Ahmed.

The community leader, Victoria Adeoye, 63, was killed when a tipper-trailer ploughed into bystanders as it tried to avoid a head-on collision with Mrs. Ahmed’s convoy, which was driving on the wrong side of the road.

Unconcerned, Mrs. Ahmed and her convoy of about seven cars abandoned the accident victims and sped on towards Abeokuta.  The Kwara First Lady was on her way from visiting popular Fuji musician, Kollington Ayinla, who was receiving treatment at Hamkad Hospital for an undisclosed ailment.

Eyewitnesses say the accident occurred when the fourth vehicle in the convoy was exiting the small road leading to the hospital.  Mrs. Adeoye and a roadside ice cream seller were killed.

In order to cover up the cause of the accident, authorities at Hamkad Hospital gagged their workers from disclosing their VIP guest, and swiftly moved Alhaji Ayinla to another hospital.

Mrs. Adeola’s son, Olusegun Adeoye, an Abuja-based  medical doctor, told SaharaReporters that Hamkad has refused to disclose the killers of his mother.  

SaharaReporters however learnt from people in the area that although the plate numbers of the vehicles were covered, policemen in Mrs. Ahmed’s convoy had freely chatted with people in the area and disclosed they were from Kwara State.

SaharaReporters approached Dr. Femi Akorede, a spokesperson to the Kwara State governor, who admitted that the convoy at the hospital was that of the Kwara State First lady. However, he vehemently denied that the convoy caused the tragic accident, claiming instead that the brakes of the tipper-trailer failed and endangered the First Lady’s convoy.

It is unclear how he obtained those details since he was not on Mrs. Ahmed’s detail.

Asked why the First Lady’s convoy did not at least stop to assist the victims of the accident they witnessed even on compassionate grounds, he said she was only made aware of it after she returned to Ilorin, the state capital.

Eyewitnesses however, contradicted Akorede’s account, insisting that the accident happened as the convoy harassed motorists on the highway, causing the trailer to careen off the highway and then slam into several people, including Mrs. Adeoye who was at the bus stop on her way to Oshodi.

The Lagos State police also tried to cover up the cause of the accident by trying to use force to move the vehicles, until a mob prevented them from doing so.

The accident occurred within 24 hours after another a similarly reckless convoy of the Kogi State Governor killed Professor Festus Iyayi, a former Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) President, on his way to an ASUU conference in Kano on November 12.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/road-crash-which-lagos-community-leader-was-killed-linked-reckless-convoy-kwara-state-firs
Re: Government Convoy Causes Accident In Lagos, 2 killed, Many Injured by Acidosis(m): 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
Okay, have we made any arrest yet? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Lagos Lawmakers Honour Abdulsalam Kamaldeen Idowu, Former Beggar Turned Lawyer / R-APC: PDP Summons Atiku, Makarfi, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.