Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona (20592 Views)

Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona / Nbc Investigates Gotv For Alleged Illegal Operation / NBC Investigates Gotv For Alleged Illegal-Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by LadyH(f): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
Q.Mark:
@Topic, Really?

Now let me go and read the content.
ldtm!!
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by LadyH(f): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
bad belles at it.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by nairacodedcom(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Stories that touches...so they want to kill this booming business
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by vizboy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
stalkholder my asssss
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by israeltob(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
Na wa ooo. How does gotv affect d industry negativity?.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Stevosty: 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2013
Who are these so called stakeholders fighting for?
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by obayaya(m): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
you guys screaming about being cheap and all. yes go TV is cheap and that's because it's providing its services using a cheap channel it was not licensed to use. and that's fraud.

undue advantage kills competition. if really go TV breached a law, they should be banned and be made to pay compensation to other competitor.

if Nigeria continues to give undue advantage to a select few, how will new businesses survive.

that's the reason why the cement sector is the way it is.
we need Change in this country

3 Likes

Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Codedboy95(m): 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
so i should throw away my gotv decoder ?
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by ndigbo: 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
dedons: YES!

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

I'v been on a 30days prayers and fasting just to be the first to comment...

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.

What Network and Mobile phone are you using ?
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by iterator25: 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
I Thought dstv owned goTV?

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by ugotuf(m): 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
OH yeah!?you are actually 6th, hard luck, try again next time, eem what network are you using? change it fast.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by everyday: 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
so let the battle begin
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Hero10001: 6:14pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
NO! It didnt work Learner.
Ahahaha..
Go get a fast connection e.g Airtel.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Aizebioje(m): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
Go back and seek the face of the LORD again! This time confess your sins first! And throw that dead XpressMusic away!
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by lomprico(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
Bros abeg tell us how d craze take hook u. E b like say na 1G network u dey use or nitel.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by kabba7(m): 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
How do one get connected to the gotv network .
The decoder and phone number if there is any.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by gipropt(m): 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
guy, dem neva free u for ur village o.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by pri3stess(f): 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.

Ewu you are not first to comment.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by success9(m): 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
such favouritism means there is no level playing field in the market. I want to apply for this same license and I can recall a member of staff telling me I can't be licensed for a flimsy reason.

If they are running an illegal license, then they should be stopped and punished...but if not, make dem continue.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
not surprised to see people talking in support of a foreign owned private company breaking the law.

lets all do whatever we like as long as our customers like it and we can bribe a few government officials. that's the way to encourage local ownership. considering NTA is the competition.

and this same company will turn round to complain some folks are breaking the law by hacking their signals.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by iBukas: 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
They should live Gotv alone we are enjoying it
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Decryptor(m): 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.

The hunger that accumulated during your fasting has affected your eyes!

Sorry o!

☻/
/▌
/ \
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by eluquenson(m): 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
I still like gotv
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Ranchhoddas: 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by delpee(f): 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
DSTV owns GoTV no doubt.
IMO they are using it to send the Naija owned cheaper cable tv operators packing. Unfair competition really.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2013

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
Guy, U NEED TO SEE ADEDIBU AND OJUKWU ANYTIME SOON O.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by paycash: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
eluquenson: I still like gotv

Wake up . South Africa's companies set to kill many Nigeria's companies.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Adflex1(m): 9:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Mayb the so called Big guys no longer get their normal cut,They r hating bcuz GOTV is progressing and Cheap with High quality signal..,BAD BELLE PPL NO WANT MAKE WE WATCH angry
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by buchai: 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Competition is good in business bt stepping over ur boundary is totally against d law. DStv frustrate our own Hi-tv and using style to cripple another of our own Startimes. If Gotv is meant to broadcast on DVBH dey shld remain der until dey pays some reasonable amount of procuring licence for upgrading to DVTT.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by morningsta(m): 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
The last time I checked, Go TV belongs to DSTV. The idea is to send Startimes packing as millions of Dstv customers who could no longer cope with the exorbitant cost of Dstv found Startimes to be an affordable substitute. With the growing popularity of Startimes, Dstv had to move quickly to protect their monopoly of pay tv in Naija. For those of you who can remember, shortly after the commencement of Startimes, Dstv quickly crashed the cost of dstv decoders, dish & installation to just 9k, hoping that action would deal a death blow to Startimes. Dstv is operating GoTv to frustrate Startimes in order to protect their monopoly of pay tv in Nigeria. Nigerians are the ones to suffer in the long run. By the time Dstv succeed in chasing out all competitors, they will surely make us pay through our noses to watch pay tv.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Installer Should Read This: Location Of Positions Without Sat Finder / Free To Air Decoder(watch Over 5000 Channels For Free) / Ait's New Frequency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.