Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona (20582 Views)

Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona / Nbc Investigates Gotv For Alleged Illegal Operation / NBC Investigates Gotv For Alleged Illegal-Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by tundeism: 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
obayaya: you guys screaming about being cheap and all. yes go TV is cheap and that's because it's providing its services using a cheap channel it was not licensed to use. and that's fraud.

undue advantage kills competition. if really go TV breached a law, they should be banned and be made to pay compensation to other competitor.

if Nigeria continues to give undue advantage to a select few, how will new businesses survive.

that's the reason why the cement sector is the way it is.
we need Change in this country
Datz not undue advantage...wen startime came into the industry dey discovered dat dey can't compete wit DSTV, dey were so wise to carve a niche which gave dem the advantage and dey went to sleep forgeting dat buz world is turbulent..den DSTV brot out Gotv to compete wit dem...dey shud go back and restrategize instead of looking for peopels sympathy

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by CooldudeY2J: 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
Clemzy16: I think they're scared that goTV is gradually taking over from the big guys in the industry. What do they expect when DSTV recently increased the price of its monthly fee x2.

Abeg make dem no put sand for goTV garri ooOoo. . .
But i taught dstv owned gotv because i do see gotv adverts on dstv.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by adezjamz(m): 11:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
LadyH: what happened to dis guy? somebori pls tel me.
he typed his sh*t for 10minutes days d reason several posted b4 him, I guess cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by LadyH(f): 12:50am On Nov 15, 2013
adezjamz: he typed his sh*t for 10minutes days d reason several posted b4 him, I guess cool cool cool
looooooool!!! I rily hadta ask!
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by soloqy: 1:00am On Nov 15, 2013
Clemzy16: I think they're scared that goTV is gradually taking over from the big guys in the industry. What do they expect when DSTV recently increased the price of its monthly fee x2.

Abeg make dem no put sand for goTV garri ooOoo. . .

Gotv is owned by DSTV . All the money is getting into the same pocket.

If DSTV is allowed to operate the Terrestrial as well as Satellite, they will simply strengthen the monopolistic hold.

Startimes was already giving people options and because of Startimes, DSTV started all the promos they did in Naija for the past 2yrs(pay early and get 10% discount, etc). Just because of the fear and competition that Startimes gave them. Now, they have cornered that market and off goes all the promos, and they have increased fees again.

Soon, the GOtv you think you are enjoying will increase fees(Its DSTV so can a leopard change its spots?). And they will start all the segregation they are doing on the main DSTV. Its not going to be long from now so mark this date and this post.

Something like this post is a good thing. That way DSTV and everyone would be put on their toes so they wont just do things with impunity.

Gotv is owned by DSTV so dont make the issue a DSTV owners against Gotv owners. Its a monster monopoly and right now, we are scr'ewed at the hands of DSTV till we all rise up and realize that its no more Multichoice.... their IS NO MORE CHOICE for the Nigerian viewer.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Cooleasy(m): 1:56am On Nov 15, 2013
dedons: YES!

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

I'v been on a 30days prayers and fasting just to be the first to comment...

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
Sorry dear. God has not yet answered your prayer. Please try again later. tongue
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Reference(m): 6:26am On Nov 15, 2013
soloqy:

Gotv is owned by DSTV . All the money is getting into the same pocket.

If DSTV is allowed to operate the Terrestrial as well as Satellite, they will simply strengthen the monopolistic hold.

Startimes was already giving people options and because of Startimes, DSTV started all the promos they did in Naija for the past 2yrs(pay early and get 10% discount, etc). Just because of the fear and competition that Startimes gave them. Now, they have cornered that market and off goes all the promos, and they have increased fees again.

Soon, the GOtv you think you are enjoying will increase fees(Its DSTV so can a leopard change its spots?). And they will start all the segregation they are doing on the main DSTV. Its not going to be long from now so mark this date and this post.

Something like this post is a good thing. That way DSTV and everyone would be put on their toes so they wont just do things with impunity.

Gotv is owned by DSTV so dont make the issue a DSTV owners against Gotv owners. Its a monster monopoly and right now, we are scr'ewed at the hands of DSTV till we all rise up and realize that its no more Multichoice.... their IS NO MORE CHOICE for the Nigerian viewer.

Most certainly Multichoice is a ruthless player in this market. I just hope the NBC's hands are clean on this or a judicial panel of inquiry should be set up. Anti-trust matters are extremely serious in saner climes.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Deiok(m): 7:30am On Nov 15, 2013
Gotv are criminals. That all.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 15, 2013
Iceman296: GOTV is Even Preferable to Many Users Because of Its Affordability, They Should Put that into Consideration Before any Action is Meted.

Help me out.
If they ban gotv now, that means my 9.5k don waste be that?
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Zaccshegzy(m): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2013
GO GO GOTV FOR LIFE
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Dermie: 10:38am On Nov 15, 2013
dedons: YES!

YES!!

YES!!!

It worked!!!

I'v been on a 30days prayers and fasting just to be the first to comment...

Finally I made it...

1st to comment.
too bad
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by danjalingo: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2013
a beg, wia this gotv dey? make them come Jalingo shap-shap, we Don suffer for dstv hand.
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by Vicky2k(m): 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
I Love Gotv most Especially their Radio Gingles. We Need them to be in the Pay TV Market so as to provide Nigerians with an Alternative. Their Raio Advert dey sweet me Die..

na you dey Naija wey no no wetin dey. Emeka for Achalla, he get Gotv, Chinedu for Obiagu, he get Gotv,Everybody for Enugu, he get Gotv, GO GO GO GO !GO GO GO GO !GO GO GO GO !GO GO GO Go Come on to Gotv ! Gotv Entertainment Africa
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by stephnie44(f): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Big4wig: Bad belle wey no want make poor man pikin watch small version of dstv..#HATERS

for does dat av not heard what our able grammar speaker said about d death of ASUU former leaders death,read below

"The grand initiation of Professor
Festus Iyayi is a lancinating loss of
another stentorian voice, against
retrograde and prebendal forces of primitive mercantilism.That he
passed through transition on
matters pro bono publico,bears
eloquent testimony to our state of
dystopia.Such is the evanescence of
life.Its all vanitas vanitatum...."

#BIGWIG

Wich dic I go use search 4 d words nd meanin biko
Re: Stakeholders To Gotv: You Are Operating Illegal Business; Take Case To N/a, Jona by cdekj(m): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
Its amazing how Most Nigerians approach issues. If things are being done fairly, there would be no need for complain. But no. Our leaders in collaboration with foreigners delight in screwing us. Are we so numb, that we cannot speak up for our rights.

For those who say it is affordable, Need i remind you that it is Dstv we are talking about here.
Just a different name.
In the long run, their true nature would emerge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Installer Should Read This: Location Of Positions Without Sat Finder / Free To Air Decoder(watch Over 5000 Channels For Free) / Ait's New Frequency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.