Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Gov Daniel Begs Obj: ‘i’m Your Son, Forgive Me’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Daniel Begs Obj: ‘i’m Your Son, Forgive Me’ (732 Views)

Securitymen Bar Ex-gov Daniel From Entering Obasanjo’s Home / Gbenga Daniel Begs For Forgiveness & Bows To Obasanjo / Efcc Traces £2.7m London Property To Gov Daniel ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov Daniel Begs Obj: ‘i’m Your Son, Forgive Me’ by Truequest(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2008
Otunba Gbenga Daniel has tendered unreserved apology to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, the Owu Chief who is believed to be behind his political problem in Ogun State.

Led by the People’s Democratic Party, (PDP), leadership in the South West, Governor Daniel visited Obasanjo in his new Abeokuta mansion, Off Babangida Boulevard, and popularly called ‘Ori-Oke’ on Monday morning to settle his political disagreement with him.

P.M.News saw Daniel arriving Obasanjo’s home at exactly 9.30 a.m along with Alhaji Tajudeen Oladipo, vice chairman, PDP (South-West zone), the secretary, Mr. Ropo Adesanya, and the party’s treasurer, Mr. Sunday Ogunlade. Obasanjo’s aides kept them waiting for some time before allowing them to see him.

-cover-16-july-2008.jpg

They eventually went into a ‘closed door meeting’ with Obasanjo, during which, close sources revealed that, Governor Gbenga Daniel was seriously rebuked by the former president for his “stubbornness and disobedience.”

According to our sources, the South West PDP leaders immediately went on their knees on behalf of the governor who followed suit by begging the Ota farmer who was full of rage against his erstwhile political son.

In his no-nonsense trade mark, the retired general was said to have chided the governor, after itemising his sins and stating why he deliberately backed out of the peace talk between the governor and the state’s lawmakers.

The PDP South-West vice chairman, Alhaji Oladipo was said to have pleaded on behalf of the governor.

At a point, revealed our sources, Obasanjo and Daniel retired into a private room where he was said to have prostrated for the former president with a promise that what happened between them would not repeat itself again.

He was quoted to have said “Baba I’m very sorry for whatever I’ve done to you sir. I’m your son, please forgive me.” Obasanjo was said to have smiled and told him to rise to his feet.

The closed door reconciliation meeting, which lasted over one hour, was conducted in Yoruba language with Obasanjo saying he had forgiven Daniel and counselled the governor on how to go about his reconciliation meeting with the lawmakers later that day.

Governor Daniel and the PDP leaders left Obasanjo’s home for the governor’s office, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta at 10.45 a.m., where the reconciliatory meeting with the lawmakers was held.

After the meeting with the lawmakers, the PDP vice-chairman (South-West), Alhaji Oladipo told journalists that the governor and the lawmakers had buried their hatchet.

He revealed that those who had  gone to court over the crisis had been  ordered to withdraw the litigations for the sake of peace.

A PDP stalwart also confirmed to P.M.News that Gbenga Daniel had begged Chief Obasanjo and that they have both settled their differences, but analysts yesterday told P.M.News that Obasanjo was into his usual game of deception.

“Daniel should watch his back, OBJ never forgives,” said a political scientist who asked for anonymity.”

http://thepmnews.com/2008/07/16/gov-daniel-begs-obj-%e2%80%98i%e2%80%99m-your-son-forgive-me%e2%80%99
Re: Gov Daniel Begs Obj: ‘i’m Your Son, Forgive Me’ by Necorios(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2008
No nid 4mi 2watch news again o,even papers no go sell my informant is dis section.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Summon Minister Over Job Seekers' Deaths (who Is To Be Blamed) / See What They Have Stolen From Nigeria. / Dokubo Asari Replies Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.