Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Starcomms And Dopc Internet Subscribers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starcomms And Dopc Internet Subscribers (3608 Views)

Exchange Ipnx Modem For A Swift Bradband 4g Or Dopc Modem / Visafone Internet Subscribers / Unwired By Dopc ?` (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starcomms And Dopc Internet Subscribers by montelik(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2008
Which isp should i go for starcomms evdo or dopc unwired? i need opinions from people using any of these providers.particularly those who live around isolo (e.g ajao estate,okota).i once used starcomms 1x services from february 07 to may 07 it was so slow i returned to my nitel dialup account which was about the same speed as starcomms.meanwhile at the sametime a friend of mine using starcomms in mafoluku was operating at about 3x my speed.hence why i would prefer it if any replies could please indicate their location.i plan to share this connection with 2 other systems hence why i am particular about its reliability and speed.i personally would prefer starcomms since they are capable of attaining higher speeds but i am not sure if they have good coverage in my area after my previous experience.i have heard too many stories of individuals who can never connect to starcomms evdo services after buying the hardware are stuck 80% of the time on 1x speeds.so please any dopc or starcomms users in or around isolo, lets hear from you.thank you
Re: Starcomms And Dopc Internet Subscribers by sunshineky(m): 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2008
i live in abj but i can tell u dat if speed is of d
essence den go for DOPC i can assure u its
not cheap but its a good broadband.

pls for ur own sake d DOPC unwired runs on
power 24/7 dats off course if u can keep it powered
each time u're online.

EVDO is good 250kbs but sharin on more comp will
slow speed.

good luck
Re: Starcomms And Dopc Internet Subscribers by playsafe: 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2008
@montelik

Let know what exactly you want to use it for. I can help you setup every thing effectively on starcomms without problem. you can test it before payment.

Dan: 08036437075
Re: Starcomms And Dopc Internet Subscribers by mcmsat(m): 12:47am On Jul 18, 2008
Heyy! Dan(Playsafe)! Take am easy, Habbah!
Na like this?
Re: Starcomms And Dopc Internet Subscribers by lynxnoon(m): 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2008
montelik:

Which isp should i go for starcomms evdo or dopc unwired? i need opinions from people using any of these providers.particularly those who live around isolo (e.g ajao estate,okota).i once used starcomms 1x services from february 07 to may 07 it was so slow i returned to my nitel dialup account which was about the same speed as starcomms.meanwhile at the sametime a friend of mine using starcomms in mafoluku was operating at about 3x my speed.hence why i would prefer it if any replies could please indicate their location.i plan to share this connection with 2 other systems hence why i am particular about its reliability and speed.i personally would prefer starcomms since they are capable of attaining higher speeds but i am not sure if they have good coverage in my area after my previous experience.i have heard too many stories of individuals who can never connect to starcomms evdo services after buying the hardware are stuck 80% of the time on 1x speeds.so please any dopc or starcomms users in or around isolo, lets hear from you.thank you

hi
i use DOPCs UNWIRED service and i stay @ oshodi (around charity) & currently using it at mafoluku & d signal strength & quality is full. The speed is quite good , i would say superb 4 individual use
the only setback is sometimes it disconnects or resets (but its what u can live wit lipsrsealed)
As per sharing i was using it wit my roommate via a wireless router; d speed was ok but on connecting another person d connection speed stats fluctuating,  wel i gess that would depend on what bandwith you're suscribing to,  i used d Wimax Sundown package (200/512kps)
Also(very important) u hv to chek d coverage area for any isp u want to use below is a map of lagos showing DOPCs UNwIRED coverage
But make sure u do a good survey b4 u finally decide which 1 u want
I hope this helps

Re: Starcomms And Dopc Internet Subscribers by scantee(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2008
@poster

right now i am in P.H
i have used both of them and know the differents.

for starcom their service is quite good, but the speed is not paletable. but some time it increases.

for DOPC

this is the current one i am using now.
the service is always not stable, it frustlate, it always timeout, small rainfali, the web acccaralation will no more be connecting, sometime the signal strenght will be abouth 87% but you can not acces web site.

but recently it seems that they have improved. the speed is more better now.
the good thing about them is that it maintains the speed even if you are using multiple systems.

so i wll advice you if your going to use more than one system go for DOPC
but if is only one system go for Starcom

good luck

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Got Infected! What Should I Do Please! / What Is The Advantages Of Digital Computer? / HP ENVY Convertible Laptop For Sale.. Sold Sold Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.