Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Aba: A Failed City - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba: A Failed City (2716 Views)

Is Lagos A Failed City? / Aba: A City In Ruins / ABA: A Failed City (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Aba: A Failed City by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 15, 2013
owolabifunke14: I've been at Aba once,the roads are in total mess.Interms of industrialisation,they've got it down there,I saw it with my own eyes,from one osima park down to milverton and to ehre,ohanze, companies and small business were littered all over the place.I saw one tonimass,starpaper,mayer paint and NTA that's the few their names stuck to my brain.But my question for you people is;are those companies functioning at full capacity? Where is it that your roads are so messed up? Can't you vote out those tormenting you?

Those companies were functioning very well before T.A. Now, they are a shadow of themselves. Star paper mill for instance has folded. Used to be a very big company. T.A orji has succeeded in suffocating the economic prowess of Aba.
Re: Aba: A Failed City by IGBOSON1: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2013
shachris:

Those companies were functions very well before T.A. Now, they are now a shadow of themselves. Star paper mill for instance has folded. Used to be a very big company. T.A orji has succeeded in suffocating the economic prowess of Aba.

^^^And the moro/n has his eyes set on building an airport.......you couldn't make it up! I wouldn't be surprised if he sites it in Umuahia.......or his backyard even!

When he does manage to get round to building anything, the money budgeted is never adequate for a good job.....with the situation getting even worse when you factor in egunge and kick-backs gov't officials would collect either before 'selecting' a contractor or during project monitoring; and then he goes on to 'select' proper local contractors that end up doing a shoddy sub-standard job that -in the case of roads for instance- can't see out two rainy seasons or meet with globally accepted standards in road construction!

I tire for that man walahi! sad

Below are videos of Aba taken about a month ago by NaijaTV; contrast this to how neat and serene Umuahia looks and you'd realise how this man has destroyed Enyimba City:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqM_UF6bYHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKsaOzrWMiI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtEqEJxKjSY

And don't let anyone come with the argument of 'federal gov't roads' or else thunder go fire the person this morning! You can check if Akpabio or Amaechi left 'federal gov't roads' in their major cities to degenerate to this level just b'cos it's not part of their remit! I'm sure if you check well you'd discover that these roads we are looking at may have been patched/renovated at one time or the other in the past either by this Orji or the former one......with loads of money wasted just b'cos they can't budget serious money for the job and get a competent contractor like Julius Berger like Akpabio does! Nobody should talk of there being no money, b'cos Aba generates more than enough to take care of itself......only if the thieving/incompetent state and local gov't officials would their jobs honestly and passionately!

1 Like

Re: Aba: A Failed City by EASTVIEW: 2:32pm On May 30, 2015
customized13 oya for don ready. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gold In KOGI / 2015: Bishop Sam Akpan’s Aspiration Is A Mirage …bishop, Leave Udom Alone, You H / I Am An Igbo But I Say No To Jonathan Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.