Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Is Lagos A Failed City? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos A Failed City? (1102 Views)

Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa / Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos A Failed City? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2015
today I had enough of this city I have applied for transfer out of this failed city I pray it will be approved ,for 3 days now apapa ,island have been in total lock down everybody is suffering rich, average poor everybody just roasting in endless meaningless hold up ,I cant drive my car anymore ,only some rickety yellow buses driven by semi insane driver on a one way permantly risking our live from ijora to airway buses bike car drivening against incoming heavy duty mack trucks this is insane I wonder how foreigners in lagos view Africans if this how there great cities are shocked African brains I think it doesn't work only works when we want to have sex ,drinks aloma eat suya and do 419 corruption ect cos if all the brains in lagos cant manage a simple port like like tincan and warf so we cant have truck park I HAVE GIVEN UP OF I think European are more human than African

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Sveen: 12:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by deekseen(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
The ports and depots are not controlled by the state. The blame should go to the FG for not making adequate logistics plans to serve the ports and the depots.

That is not to say the state is not responsible in some ways to enforce state laws in certain places to curb the menace of the traffic in those places.

For example, the state should make use of the various waterways to ease the traffic flow. Traffic laws should be revised and enforced and heavy duty vehicles should be restricted from certain roads.
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
@sveen this post is not kinder garden person still writing jamb and ume in uniilorin is for matured working class men and women that pay bills and experiencing the lagos traffic first hand so pls read well and pass jamb
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
the federal goverment is the major cause if they approve depots without parking space
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Chubhie: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2015
Enjoy the las vegas of nigeria. When humans are used to suffering that's what you get.

Anytime I'm passing through lagos I always feel the chaos. Like Hobbasian state of nature.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2015
this cant be enjoyment .educated working class person treking to work or senior officials on bike around tincan apart from wake up by 4 am

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Horus(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7dsXGMK-vQ

[size=15pt]Moves to reduce traffic chaos in Lagos[/size]
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by hahn(m): 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2015
What Lagos needs are a proper drainage system, upgraded waste disposal system, an underground railway system and quick police response system. Without these things, Lagos will always remain the same
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
We should ask ourselves why everything coming into this country must be through Apapa in Lagos. This country is too big for this nonsense, we have ports and great coast lines in the Niger Delta, why are they not being utilised?

I still cannot understand why all of us must go and queue up at Apapa. I smh honestly..
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2015
me too just cant understand abi we are cursed people tank farm apapa container apapa truck driver park endlessly from alaka to warf ,from airways to tincan this truck driver are human being hence they need toilets when nature calls but there non ,just take a look at the a joining brigde new total gas after ijora is full of human waste ever where is smelling plus rain urine and miraculous dust and smoke from burning diesel and risk of container falling just imagine this recipe
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by mikolo80: 3:15am On Nov 28, 2015
is Lagos a city
more like a coastal runaway village
highly unorganised
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by coolitempa(f): 3:32am On Nov 28, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
We should ask ourselves why everything coming into this country must be through Apapa in Lagos. This country is too big for this nonsense, we have ports and great coast lines in the Niger Delta, why are they not being utilised?

I still cannot understand why all of us must go and queue up at Apapa. I smh honestly..

I 'axsuallie' agree with a biafran today without the hate...... sad.......lagos is tooooooo congested and the FG needs to open up other ports ASAP in as many parts of Nigeria..... cool....the system we have now is a disgrace and is designed for failure..... angry
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 28, 2015
coolitempa:

I 'axsuallie' agree with a biafran today without the hate...... sad.......lagos is tooooooo congested and the FG needs to open up other ports ASAP in as many parts of Nigeria..... cool....the system we have now is a disgrace and is designed for failure..... angry

I am not a Biafran, I am a Nigerian. That said, the FG needs to build more seaports in this country. Just check other countries not as big as Nigeria and see how many seaports they operate.

Even the Lekki seaport should be built as soon as possible. Port Harcourt is there, same as Warri and even Ibaka in Akwa Ibom which they have failed to build. If possible they can even build one at Obuaku in Abia state.
Re: Is Lagos A Failed City? by Akposkool(m): 9:07am On Nov 28, 2015
"oh lagos you are the city of the idle who pretends to be busy"

(1) (Reply)

Darius Ishaku Stopped People From Drinking Water With Animals In Taraba / Nigerians, Pls Ask The President To Say Something On Bayelsa Guber Polls / Man On Suicide Mission Climbs Billboard In Ibadan, Threatens To Jump (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.