Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,180 members, 7,864,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:19 AM

Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks (19292 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) / Infrastructural Tour By Federal Ministry Of Information(PIctures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
The deteriorating infrastructural amenities in our barracks across the nation has reached an alarming crescendo and if nothing is done by the relevant authorities to curb this infrastructure decadence, it will get to a point this supposed facilities began breeding criminals and social misfits into our society. Sometime ago, the media was awash of 'such' neglect in a police college until the government wade in to address the infrastructure neglects that bedevilled them.

One need to take a tour of these barracks to ascertain the level of neglect. Often time I wonder if the government are aware of the pitiable situation of this barracks. I went visiting an aunt yesterday at the federal highway patrol police barrack in ikeja but to my bewilderment, a section of the block was thrown into frenzy as the occupants of the said block scamper for safety due to the collapsing building that poses threat to their lives. In my investigative nature, I learnt occupants of most building in the vicinity are living with fears as some of the buildings are supported by wooden frames as the original pillars has given away due to lack of maintenance.

The deplorable conditions of this buildings and other things like water, road networks is something so despicable. I wish the government can come to the aid of the police barracks in ikeja and fix their infrastructures as most families of officers and men of the police force has been displaced owing to the falling buildings. Below are pictorial evidence to show the level of infrastructure abandonment these people contend with. Wonder how a man will risk his life to protect the citizens of a country only to return home with the realisation that danger lurks around his household.

2 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
More pictures

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by MANGAM(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
Wallahi the situation in d barracks are eye soar. I visited a friend recently and d rooms ar like pig holes

5 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
More

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
MANGAM: Wallahi the situation in d barracks are eye soar. I visited a friend recently and d rooms ar like pig holes
its really a pity.

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by ballabriggs: 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
Don't worry, President Jonadunce has fixed the Police college therefore the 'problem has been solved'.

7 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Pattey(m): 12:59am On Nov 15, 2013
Uhhhmmm. . . I'll say it as my big mouth sees it. Personally, it'd be nice if the whole thing drops down, cos that will be a few hundreds of corrupt police folks out of the equation. = less chance moi or even you reading this gets killed by accidental discharge from corruption infested unethical folks, or suffer illegal detention, get framed up or robbed by either 'police men' or armed robbers they rented guns to. . .

Well, itl be 9ce if their family members aren't around when that divine justice is done. . . BUT

On a more serious note, why can't these types of sensible threads make FrontPage? It seems NairaLand (Esp Moderators) glory in so much of frivolities ! What a shame

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Definitive(m): 8:18am On Nov 15, 2013
The Nigerian problem is multi-faceted.

Yesterday, we were discussing about the poor airports and terminals when compared with other nations of the world.

The day before that, it was about insecurity.

Yet still, we are bogged by poor road network, inadequate or poorly funded healthcare facilities, education is an eyesore and all manners of social malady.

The sleaze and apparent danger in the Police Barracks is only an infinitesimal proportion of the rot in our system. We've got to address these matters in a honest and bold-faced fashion. It ain't about putting this on the FP or blaming the mods or pooh-poohing the government.

It is about what we say all the time - the Nigerian mentality. We, us, your Dad and mine - are the government. We aren't ruled by the military or some monarchy.

If we decide to annihilate the three evils bedevilling our country: Corruption, Ethnicity and its attendant Nepotism, then we'll begin taking the very first few steps to cleaning this augean stable in the mess currently known as Nigeria.

It took Hong Kong 10 years. Maylasia also turned around. I believe this is why many are advocating for the tall Katsina General to rule this country; but he wouldn't do it alone. Many believe that he is disciplined and forthright. Indeed, that's what Nigeria needs at the moment.

We must disavow this 'make I chop my own mentality.' We must ask to give the society, rather than take from it or amass some ill-gotten wealth.

The average American, British, Finnish or Norwegian government official thinks first about his country before he thinks about his personal gain. The system works in their climes. Corruption has grinded ours - yet we: U and me, are the ones who have oiled the wheels of this decay... It isn't time to point fingers, that's why I've not alienated myself - even though I've played no personal roles in government before now...

The way out of this is by changing our orientation about our country, voting sane men into power, questioning the authorities per unit time and remaining faithful, honest and forthright - even in our personal and daily activities.

The average white lie, the little cheating in 'business', the lassisitude we attach to our daily responsibilities - even outside of government - are all that has added up to stagnate out dear country. Money alone wouldn't do it, it is about revamping the mentality of every one of us.

I submit!

33 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by uzoexcel(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
But seriously the billions of naira appropriated for the police welfare, whose pockets does it go to? And how will the police feel motivated when they are treated inhumanly in terms of welfare. U cant compare the well being of an average policeman in europe or america to ours...

Tis so shameful honestly

3 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Neduzze5(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Dam mehn! Our Army is seriously under motivated so how do we expect them to conquer Boko Haram that is motivated with 500k per mission accomplished cry

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by gistmelove(m): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
stock still available... call now

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Mutuwa(m): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
Meaninglessness..Oh well the barracks are as filthy as the police themselves.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Goldenheart(m): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Some still manage to use air-conditioning system; (freezing from the inside out)
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
2013 thread? shocked
Oh well,nothing has changed. The buildings are still delapilated and nothing has been done to save the situation.

Nigerian barracks on the brink!

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Archmed(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
booked
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by logica(m): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Police should not even have barracks in the first place. They are not military. Once we clear out all these remnants of the colonial era, then we will know where we are heading.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by igbsam(m): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Is this barrack made for Humans or Pigs ?

Someone please answer me!

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by popson1st: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
This is no more news.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by lilbabyak(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
china in the 1880
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2014
Who remember this old thread? shocked

Anyways, as at when I created the thread it was still very good. this is how the block looks like now and people still live there so...............I'm speechless jor.

6 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by philtex(m): 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
WTF!!!!!!

shockedsadcry

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by myspnigeria: 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
na today?
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
Our. Barracks are pathetic and eye soar

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
myspnigeria: na today?
Abi na undecided next thread abeg.

*walks out of thread.*

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by ooshinibos: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
gistmelove: stock still available... call now
i like those roofs ..are they the one also called supalite.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by bidexolumanish(m): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
na akim police barrack calabar be dat?
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Orikinla(m): 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
I stopped visits to both police and military barracks in Nigeria to avoid falling ill from the nauseating sight.
The barracks have never been renovated since my father of blessed memory left the Royal West African Frontier Force in 1945. He told me so before he passed on in 1983 and since then, these barracks are still very horrible to see.
That is why I don't respect any Nigerian government, because the state of these barracks is a reflection of the incompetence plaguing governance in the history of Nigerian since independence in October 1960.
None of these terrible barracks with horrible living conditions is good for any civilized human.

3 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
That's why most thieves come out from the barracks!

3 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
Lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by ooshinibos: 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
MzMariah: The deteriorating infrastructural amenities in our barracks across the nation has reached an alarming crescendo and if nothing is done by the relevant authorities to curb this infrastructure decadence, it will get to a point this supposed facilities began breeding criminals and social misfits into our society. Sometime ago, the media was awash of 'such' neglect in a police college until the government wade in to address the infrastructure neglects that bedevilled them.

One need to take a tour of these barracks to ascertain the level of neglect. Often time I wonder if the government are aware of the pitiable situation of this barracks. I went visiting an aunt yesterday at the federal highway patrol police barrack in ikeja but to my bewilderment, a section of the block was thrown into frenzy as the occupants of the said block scamper for safety due to the collapsing building that poses threat to their lives. In my investigative nature, I learnt occupants of most building in the vicinity are living with fears as some of the buildings are supported by wooden frames as the original pillars has given away due to lack of maintenance.

The deplorable conditions of this buildings and other things like water, road networks is something so despicable. I wish the government can come to the aid of the police barracks in ikeja and fix their infrastructures as most families of officers and men of the police force has been displaced owing to the falling buildings. Below are pictorial evidence to show the level of infrastructure abandonment these people contend with. Wonder how a man will risk his life to protect the citizens of a country only to return home with the realisation that danger lurks around his household.

Nigerians have disgraced the black race , we cannot even take care of our own police , thats why they the police act so weird and brutal ....the worst case is that the budget for these building will have been issued or allocated ..and people in charge will divert it to something else ..i wonder how people that are involved in this evil tides manage to sleep . This is the highest order of evil

5 Likes

Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by uzoexcel(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
moi cheesy cheesy cheesy

#frontpage Ginger #justkidding
MzMariah: Who remember this old thread? shocked

Anyways, as at when I created the thread it was still very good. this is how the block looks like now and people still live there so...............I'm speechless jor.
Re: Infrastructural Neglect In Nigerian Barracks by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
"Corrupt"
E nvr finish for people mouth o
Nigeria na anyhow country, so

Get job - connection
Enter school -connection
Write jamb -connection for correct centres
Enta prison -connection go bring u out
Music industry -connection
Movie industry -connection

MTN juz dey chop sef -ur best connection

grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Misua Docked, Granted N5m Bail Over N120bn Bribery Allegation Against IG / Buhari Disagrees With AGF Malami Orders EFCC To Prosecute Diezani, Adoke, Others / Soludo Joins PDM (Peoples Democratic Movement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.