Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Help On Vista Accepting Software Games - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help On Vista Accepting Software Games (674 Views)

**I Will Download Any Working,crakd Software+games+movies+tutrialvideos For You / BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Vista Accepting Software Games by heaslhsob(m): 7:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
why does vista always finn it hard to accept softwares like computer games or how to install it properly with out problems.
Re: Help On Vista Accepting Software Games by uspry1(f): 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2008
Look for Windows Vista-supported software games to buy, i mean the icon or seal of "Windows Vista-supported" you should know that will work on most Vista-based computer system.

Or download something Windows XP-based plug-n-play detection plugins add-on accepting the icon/seal of "Windows XP-supported" software games to be enabled working on all Vista-based computer system.

I dunno if Vista has that plugins add-on allowing any Windows XP software games installed on Vista-based computer system.

By the way, I am not use Windows Vista, I still stick with Windows XP professional while experimenting using Ubuntu Linux on 2nd computer before decide to install on my host desktop computer as dual-booting later.
Re: Help On Vista Accepting Software Games by ExInferis(m): 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2008
@uspry1

hearing-challenged is just a mouthful coined by the whiteman to describe certain special people created by God. it is not a disability, it is a gift to show you are blessed.

meanwhile heaslhsob can try compatibility mode: right click on the file, select properties, select the compatibilit tab, and try running in windows xp mode.

if it doesnt work then look for a vista copy, or try dual booting.
Re: Help On Vista Accepting Software Games by africanboy(m): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ex inferis, some games just wont run on vista, even in compatibility mode e.g Track Mania Nations Forever (because of the starforce protection system included, even though the game is a free game)

@heaslhsob, if you must run an xp game but can afford to dual boot or get a new system, install virtual pc, install xp in the virtual pc. set the virtual pc to use maximum resources when you need to play. another alternative to virtual pc is vmware workstation. just remember to give the applications maxiumum resources when you want to play and it can seem like your actual system smiley
Re: Help On Vista Accepting Software Games by uspry1(f): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2008
Ex Inferis:

@uspry1

hearing-challenged is just a mouthful coined by the whiteman to describe certain special people created by God. it is not a disability, it is a gift to show you are blessed.

Thank Ex Inferis for compliment about my blessing being deafness. grin

(1) (Reply)

Cool Ebooks / BEST, AND CHEAPEST INTERNET CONNECTION EVER.. / I Need The Prices Of These Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.