Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure (18626 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Collapses During A Lecture In Lagos / Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by abhosts(m): 9:11am On Nov 15, 2013
This is more of a strategic move used in the past by the likes of Ribadu and el-Rufai. When you have made so many powerful enemies, it is not wise to stick around when out of office.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by TheLastNazgul(m): 9:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Jehovah Shalom:
It is an educational higgi-hagga & academic crinkum- crankum compassing how rot and moribound the Nigerian Education System has transmogrified over the years.

So sad!
. Did someone hit you upside the head with a dictionary? Anyway, you succeeded in making a perfect nonsensical statement. Congrats.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2013
fckyourman:

My ignorance and willingness?, Bros that should be you. you're a buying a story that a multibillnoaire will become a lecturer ? after stealing from CBN Bank. Some of your brains cells are really missing to know see the catch.

Do you have any proof that he stole money from CBN?

I don't know how Nigerians like to engage in hot debates without any proof whatsoever.

Wetin dey worry una self? Dem swear for una with unnecessary arguments?

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by thaoriginator: 9:17am On Nov 15, 2013
Beync: That's good news. Let him go there and lecture them on islamic tenets we are fade up with his lopesided islamic banking here.
Oh my God! See daftness at its zenith shocked

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by mooregan(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2013
Mbok, is this not d same man that said half of Civil servants should be sacked? He's so knowledgeable indeed.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Pukkah: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2013
ballabriggs:

Funny thing is those who don't know and think they know are the ones who question the guys knowledge, skill and expertise.

Clearly, Sanusi is intelligent, confident and passionate.

Also, there are some very good things he has done. I also like the fact that he's impatient to see positive change in Nigeria.

A number of people have also been saying some very ridiculous things about him. An example of this is on Islamic Banking which is even beyond and predates Sanusi.

The other day, some fellow ignorantly lampooned Sanusi 'because under him as the CBN Governor, the level of GDP had been falling'!! He also expected Sanusi to improve Nigeria's infrastructure!

The Sanusi critics that I can't stand are those who tonguelash him just because of his religion and/or where he comes from.

For me, I don't like or agree with the approach that Sanusi adopted in sanitizing those banks in 2009. We've argued it here many times and I hope he (with the benefit of hindsight) has learnt his lessons.

Five banks were rashly and brashly taken out of the system because of N620b. So much noise was made and a lot of needless drama took place. The economy was shaken and confidence plummeted. The banks were supposed to be capitalized. AMCOM was formed and the rest is history.

Fast forward to today. 7 banks are comatose, a discount house is dead, there are still so many bad debtors, fraud rate in banks continues to climb, banks are still sacking staff in large numbers, the crazy targets in banks continue unabated, and the economy is not well.

And AMCON? It i owing N5.7 trillion & has just announced a loss of N820 billion.

If such an opportunity presents itself again, I hope that Sanusi (wherever he may be) or who is in charge would handle such an ultra-sensitive matter very carefully.

We should not spare corrupt or rogue bankers or politicians, but we should again not burn the whole house down just to catch a few rodents.

History will judge Sanusi bettter. For now, I wish him well in his endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by PointB: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2013
What will be lecturing students on? Let me guess, Sharia and Islamic Studies?? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Best of lucks!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2013
[b]Ok let me put some light in here for those who don't know what a PhD is (No offence intended) and people who don't get why he'll be lecturing in France.

A PhD (Doctorate degree) is a post graduate degree, 90% research base and 10% writings (MsWord,power point etc.), seminars and publications.

Sanusi has gotten a good offer for a PhD degree. While he'll be a PhD student for free, he will be required to teach probably Foundation Students in that school. (15/16 years old kids, and they ask a lot of questions grin grin)

The Institution wouldn't pay him but if he's truly good in economic research, he might find a supervisor that'll be willing to sponsor his research with between 150k - 300k every month. However, he'll be mandated to list his supervisor's name on his publications.

The school gets a free lecturer, Sanusi gets a free PhD degree and his supervisor gets his/her name listed on Sanusi's publications ...and everyone is happy. grin grin

Good luck Sanusi
God bless Nigeria.
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by ULQUIORRA: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2013
sanusi helped curtail the excesses of some bank MDs but to me that is where his good works stopped. the rest of his policies where just based on statistics and data and not for the good of the average nigerian earning less than a dollar a day. he was even an active member of the gang that said fuel subsidy must go and till today we are yet to enjoy the SUREP as im sure he helped those in power steal from the subsidy funds. To me he is not a good orator but a TALKATIVE.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Danhumprey: 10:08am On Nov 15, 2013
homesteady: Has he finally realised that he'll never become the Emir of kano? undecided
ah! You badt gan! grin
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by willyray(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2013
ok gud

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 15, 2013
We will judge him by his achievement or lack of it while he was CBN governor. I am curious to know why he chose France considering he doesn't even speak French
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by toprealman: 11:29am On Nov 15, 2013
Hope he get to learn that plagiarism is an offence not overlooked in developed countries.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Pukkah:

Clearly, Sanusi is intelligent, confident and passionate.

Also, there are some very good things he has done. I also like the fact that he's impatient to see positive change in Nigeria.

A number of people have also been saying some very ridiculous things about him. An example of this is on Islamic Banking which is even beyond and predates Sanusi.

The other day, some fellow ignorantly lampooned Sanusi 'because under him as the CBN Governor, the level of GDP had been falling'!! He also expected Sanusi to improve Nigeria's infrastructure!

The Sanusi critics that I can't stand are those who tonguelash him just because of his religion and/or where he comes from.

For me, I don't like or agree with the approach that Sanusi adopted in sanitizing those banks in 2009. We've argued it here many times and I hope he (with the benefit of hindsight) has learnt his lessons.

Five banks were rashly and brashly taken out of the system because of N620b. So much noise was made and a lot of needless drama took place. The economy was shaken and confidence plummeted. The banks were supposed to be capitalized. AMCOM was formed and the rest is history.

Fast forward to today. 7 banks are comatose, a discount house is dead, there are still so many bad debtors, fraud rate in banks continues to climb, banks are still sacking staff in large numbers, the crazy targets in banks continue unabated, and the economy is not well.

And AMCON? It i owing N5.7 trillion & has just announced a loss of N820 billion.

If such an opportunity presents itself again, I hope that Sanusi (wherever he may be) or who is in charge would handle such an ultra-sensitive matter very carefully.

We should not spare corrupt or rogue bankers or politicians, but we should again not burn the whole house down just to catch a few rodents.

History will judge Sanusi bettter. For now, I wish him well in his endeavours.
Your point being?
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by GBELLs: 11:55am On Nov 15, 2013
The exchange rate today is http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=NGN so could u tell me where this appreciation of the dollar to naira is.
Thank you
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Beync(f): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2013
tha_originator: Oh my God! See daftness at its zenith shocked
see this ignoramus. Freeze out!
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Digitron: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
How can he lecture with just
A B.Sc in economics from ABU,
and another degree in Islamic studies from a sudanese university.
The university must be owned by a Nigerian
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
toprealman: Hope he get to learn that plagiarism is an offence not overlooked in developed countries.

I'm not worried about plagiarism, I'm more worried about how he'll cope when those white children starts throwing their questions from left, right and centre after every lecture. grin grin

You and I know that an average Nigerian man does not tolerate indiscipline from children. grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Digitron: How can he lecture with just

He's not going to be lecturing degree students, he'll be lecturing Foundation Students.

You can lecture Foundation Students if you graduate with a 1st class in your B.Sc or B.A even in a world class University.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by adamawa: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sanusi has created more problem for this country than he met. That is the problem with salary earners and to make the matter worse, he came from a rich home. He does not know how a business is run. So many families have been turned to beggars because of his action. Let's be sincere if his reform has achieved anything meaningful. Anybody can take me on this, let's anaylyze it one by one

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by youngmonie: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
In as much as many Nigerians do not like or respect this man....trust me if you dnt want him...other nations do they respect him for what he has done for the financial industry in this country...........

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by badesco(m): 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
If he likes let him go and learn in hell that is own cup of garri.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Digitron: 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
rudedough:

He's not going to be lecturing degree students, he'll be lecturing Foundation Students.

You can lecture Foundation Students if you graduate with a 1st class in your B.Sc or B.A in a world class University.
Which of the above two qualification do he have, did he have a 1st class or is ABU a world class uni.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
Digitron:
Which of the above two qualification do he have, did he have a 1st class or is ABU a world class uni.

I don't know Sanusi's qualifications and i am sorry for the error in my previous post. I mean this

You can lecture Foundation Students if you graduate with a 1st class in your B.Sc or B.A "even" in a world class University.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by dohiswill: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
Let him go with is empty policies, it is just unfortunate that anoda 4 yrs is being wasted by someone that got nothing to offer the country.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by adconline(m): 4:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
GBELLs: The exchange rate today is http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=NGN so could u tell me where this appreciation of the dollar to naira is.
Thank you
You don't know how exchange works in Naija. Banks pay N158 to $1 to western union customers, but when u want to buy $, the banks will tell that they don't have $ to sell and ask u to go their buddy BDC to buy N170/$1 to fund your Dom account. This is the problem we have in Naija; folks with no practical experience running things.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by dohiswill: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
youngmonie: In as much as many Nigerians do not like or respect this man....trust me if you dnt want him...other nations do they respect him for what he has done for the financial industry in this country...........
What has he done?
Do you know the rate by which inflation is growing nw and it is you and the middle class that is suffering it.
Or is it because of his islamic agenda that u thought he has done u any good, nw that the islamic bank has been created what hav u benefited
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by mikeapollo: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
This is what I like this SLS for....he has a mind of his own. He is not like some other CBN governors that would be running after a PDP political thug in Anambra state and be so desperate to rig the primaries of PDP, then jump from PDP to APGA.....like a deperado looking for power and money at all cost!

After being CBN governor, I cant imagine myself to tossed around by a thug like Chris Uba just because I want to be governor
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by nagoma(m): 7:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
homesteady: Has he finally realised that he'll never become the Emir of kano? undecided

Oh Don't be silly.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by nagoma(m): 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
fckyourman: From Money Making Machine To Low Money Income.

Is he working for free or what ?, because France can't afford his salary imagine the billions he is stealing daily. He is suppose to say i'm relocating to France to avoid EFCC investigating me.

He is not from that region.
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by nagoma(m): 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
naijaking1: Sanusi 'donated' 10B naira to university of sokoto, and another 10B naira to BUK, how much did he give to his prospective univerisity in France
Just food for thought. The guy said he doesn't account to nobody.

When did that donation happen? Please give a link or are you high on something?
Re: Sanusi To Lecture In France After CBN Tenure by nagoma(m): 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
Digitron: How can he lecture with just

You are really ignorant. Sanusi's life is a university and he is the Don. Clever people will want to harvest his knowledge and experience that is worth more than 6 PhDs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Can Only Travel To Dubai, We Need A Pres. Who Can Go Anywhere - Oshiomhole / 2023: Tinubu Will Need To Start ACN From Scratch If He Dumps APC – Tony Momoh / Darius Ishaku Arrives Ekiti For Thanskgiving (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.