Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

$338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, (1608 Views)

Husband Seeks Dissolution Of 10 Years Marriage Over Alleged DNA Result / I Have Not Seen My Husband For 10 Years, Woman Tells Court / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by chineloSA(f): 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
$338 MILLION LOTTO WINNER AND LIVE-IN GIRLFRIEND OF 10 YEARS SPLIT, NOW SHE’S SUING FOR HALF

November 13, 2013 ‐ By Victoria Uwumarogie
Pedro

If there was ever a reason to get your own money together and right, it might be the numerous stories we keep hearing about long-term live-in girlfriends being left high and dry when their man decides to move on.

In today’s installment, we have the story of Passaic, New Jersey lottery winner Pedro Quezada, 44, whom we actually told you about a while ago because he was being stingy with past due child support after winning. He won $152 million after taxes when he struck gold playing the lottery. His long-term girlfriend, Ines Sanchez, was by his side through all of this. Actually she was by his side through much more than that, as the couple shared ownership of a grocery store in Passaic and they also shared a child and a home they lived in together for 10 years. Despite all that, Sanchez had to move out of their shared home recently and has a domestic abuse claim against him that’s pending. And and even though he has garnered massive wealth, Quezada isn’t trying to share it with his long-time love.

I know what some of you are thinking: Why should he? Well, according to her lawyers (via the New York Daily News), the ticket was bought with the couple’s shared earnings. That’s why they’re asking for a judge to freeze Quezada’s assets until a fair share of it can be allotted to her (the Daily Mail says she wants half), if it’s decided that she’s owed some of his winnings. Of course, Quezada’s lawyers call it absolute crap. The couple were never married so what he has is NOT hers. But George Cruz, who works in the grocery store that Quezada used to manage (and says the lotto winner hasn’t returned to it since), says that she gave him the money to sustain the place, so he owes her better than this.

“She helped him with $15,000 to put into that grocery store. She paid for the stuff.

With that kind of money you still got to take care of the wife and kid. G*ddamn, look out for her. Don’t be a hardball. With that kind of money you have to buy her a house.’

He promised a lot of s— to everybody around here and never came through.”

That includes paying the rent for a month for everyone who lives on the block Quezada used to reside on. He did no such thing, and not only that, he up and left his apartment without paying his own last month of rent, according to his former landlord, Kujtim Sulejmani:

“I would just want him to give the money to his common law wife and kids. The $800 doesn’t matter to me. I hope he gives it to his wife because she really deserves it.”

But let’s hope he still has it when all is said and done. According to Sanchez’s lawyers, Quezada has already spent a great deal of his winnings on the following: $57 million was sent to Quezada’s native home of the Dominican Republic, $5 million was “given away,” he used $300,000 to buy his own place (which she also stayed in before they broke up), and there’s $20 million that “can’t be located.”

The judge of the case decided not to throw out the Sanchez’s case, despite the fact that the couple wasn’t married and common law marriages aren’t recognized like that in New Jersey, but the court will not freeze Quezada’s assets in the meantime as they see if Sanchez is entitled to any of the lottery winnings. Do you think she should get some of it?

- See more at: http://madamenoire.com/322471/new-jersey-338-million-lotto-winner-dumps-girlfriend-10-years-leaves-without-dime/#sthash.SJ8MfpOU

undecided undecided undecided

Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
cheesy they can't force him na, its his money. Their is no "legal" agreement.
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by chineloSA(f): 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
gcfr.com:
cheesy they can't force him na, its his money. Their is no "legal" agreement.

Aaaaah aaaah, why cant he share at least 20% of his winnings. What about the woman who looked after him for all these years. Cooked for him, cleaned for him and even supported to start their business.

His selfishness will make him deal with the law na smiley smiley smiley He may loose half of his winnings. Foolish man
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
chineloSA:

Aaaaah aaaah, why cant he share at least 20% of his winnings. What about the woman who looked after him for all these years. Cooked for him, cleaned for him and even supported to start their business.

His selfishness will make him deal with the law na smiley smiley smiley He may loose half of his winnings. Foolish man
lol, well the man is stingy no doubt, but their is actually nothing anybody in New Jersey can do bout it, cos the lady is not even his wife.
All na OneChance.
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by chineloSA(f): 10:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
gcfr.com:
lol, well the man is stingy no doubt, but their is actually nothing anybody in New Jersey can do bout it, cos the lady is not even his wife.
All na OneChance.

This could be a common law marriage. So she may strike her luck. cheesy cheesy
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by Mamacita007(f): 12:39am On Nov 15, 2013
He's not serious. he must share the money with his baby mama grin grin why is that when most men win the jackpot they become stingy? i watched one story of how a man hit the jackpot, hid it from his wife. then he claimed the money & ran away. the woman heard the story on tv & was crying that her husband should bring her own share. i wan laff die hahahaha
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by dayokanu(m): 2:55am On Nov 15, 2013
Let the woman too go make her own money
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by thatchic: 6:10am On Nov 15, 2013
dayokanu: Let the woman too go make her own money

He won the lottery,he did not make the money

OT: SWEET as in in a trailer load of sugar: women bashing and bigotry will not make it go away.

The closet door is wide open.
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by jmoore(m): 7:11am On Nov 15, 2013
He should give her money to buy 500 lotto tickets.
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by deols(f): 7:32am On Nov 15, 2013
I know the money you earn is difficult to give out. But the money that fell on your hands should not be so hard to spend ke?

I blame the woman sef for living and giving birth with a man who wouldn't make her legal.

1 Like

Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by deols(f): 7:32am On Nov 15, 2013
I know the money you earn is difficult to guve out. But the money that fell on your hands should not be so hard to spend ke?

I blame the woman sef for living and giving birth with a man who wouldn't make her legal.
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by freakcin: 10:20am On Nov 15, 2013
This guy's being greedy. From the foregoing the woman aided him with 15K USD which he invested in the grocery store, and part of the proceeds was used to buy the lottery ticket, so what gives?

Common sense alone dictates he give the woman something not to talk of the child they both had and if he thinks he's smart, he should just watch for karma! lipsrsealed

Going by what is left of his monies, he might be in deep shit already except the money sent to his home country is wisely invested!

STUPID MAN! tongue
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by IgweOO(m): 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
freakcin: This guy's being greedy. From the foregoing the woman aided him with 15K USD which he invested in the grocery store, and part of the proceeds was used to buy the lottery ticket, so what gives?

Common sense alone dictates he give the woman something not to talk of the child they both had and if he thinks he's smart, he should just watch for karma! lipsrsealed

Going by what is left of his monies, he might be in deep shit already except the money sent to his home country is wisely invested!

STUPID MAN! tongue

Are you serious? She gave him 15k she invested in the business, which means whatever proceeds that comes out directly from the business, they share. So if the man takes part of his proceed and buys the ticket, they should share that too? In my opinion, the woman has no legal right over the winning but mehn, the man should show love the the mother of his kid.
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by freakcin: 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Igwe, did you stop reading my post after the bolded bit you quoted?

I never stated she has any legal right to his winnings I only stated he should compenstate her for her time and effort in the relationship!
Re: $338 Million Lotto Winner And Live-in Girlfriend Of 10 Years Split, by IgweOO(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2013
freakcin: Igwe, did you stop reading my post after the bolded bit you quoted?

I never stated she has any legal right to his winnings I only stated he should compenstate her for her time and effort in the relationship!

Sorry freakcin for the misrepresentation. At first I stopped reading after the bolded. It was late and I needed to sleep. Just read it again this morning and discovered what i missed. No hard feelings right.

(1) (Reply)

The World Today / Please Help, He Is Finding It Difficult To Get A Bride / BE GRATEFUL "PICS". You All Need To See This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.