Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

The Reverse Gear Of My Volkswagen Sharon(vr6) Doesn't Engage! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Reverse Gear Of My Volkswagen Sharon(vr6) Doesn't Engage! (1338 Views)

How Do I Use The Auxillary Gear Of Toyota Prado Manual 2006 / Problem: My Reverse Gear Gives A Scary Jerk With A Sound. / Changing Gear Of A Manual Golf 3 To Auto. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reverse Gear Of My Volkswagen Sharon(vr6) Doesn't Engage! by sola12(m): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
Recently d reverse gear of my VW Sharon (vr6) doesn't engage, each time I engage the reverse gear the car moves forward and it isn't like this before !! Pls can anyone help The auto gurus in d house
Re: The Reverse Gear Of My Volkswagen Sharon(vr6) Doesn't Engage! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
Sounds like a broken reverse clutch drum.

Is the gear indicator display any different from normal? Are all the characters - PRND432 all illuminated in red? I would get the drivetrain scanned, and post the codes here.
Re: The Reverse Gear Of My Volkswagen Sharon(vr6) Doesn't Engage! by sola12(m): 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
@siena its a manual drive !!!
Re: The Reverse Gear Of My Volkswagen Sharon(vr6) Doesn't Engage! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
sola_101: @siena its a manual drive !!!

My apologies.

How did this fault start? Is the gearbox noisy when using the forward gears? Has reverse ever been difficult to select

Has any work been carried out on the car recently - if yes, what was done?
Re: The Reverse Gear Of My Volkswagen Sharon(vr6) Doesn't Engage! by sola12(m): 12:01am On Nov 15, 2013
@ siena The gear hasn't been worked on , its a tokunbo car jst 2weeks old, today I discovered dat d gear make little noise wen u try engaging d forward gear too ........bt d noise is nt so obvious! Thanks boss!

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Misplaced Car Key / Do You Like This Brutal Looking Toyota Hilux Bruiser? / Don't Pay To Get Your Car Air Conditioner Recharged!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.