Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,054 members, 7,863,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:08 AM

A Nigerian response - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / A Nigerian response (1135 Views)

Hilarious Easter Response (photos) / A Mad Man's Response When Asked If He Would Vote For Change Again (photo) / Bishop Oyedepo Slaps President Jonathan, Response From Presidency Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian response by Chxta(m): 8:31am On Aug 30, 2005
1) How bad are the relations between different ethnic groups in Nigeria? If you're a Yoruba can you freely marry and befriend an Ibo, for instance?

It is so bad, even our domestic animals fight each other. Just the other day, My dog, which was originally yoruba but has since been converted to Hausa, caught an Igbo dog screwing its bitch, it killed the dog and two other yoruba dogs that were witnesses!

2) Is "ibo" an offensive term? What's the difference between "ibo" and "igbo"?
What!!!! Who taught you such terrible words? Please don't repeat it again. I have known people that got killed just for saying those words!

3) Is Nigeria very dangerous right now?

Yes. It is very very very dangerous. You don't even have to get out of the airplane to experience the danger, just put your legs out the window as you approach. DO this only if you are willing to loose that leg.

4) The book 'What Would My Mother Say' gave me the impression that Nigerians look down on black Americans because our ancestors were enslaved. Is this true?

Yes, Nigerians look down on black americans. You see, when the white man came down, the only people they could catch were the lazy ones. The ones that couldn't run. This left only the athletic people in africa. Why do you think till next year, africans always win the marathon. Thats why we look down on you, you people are all lazy!

5) Is it common for Nigerian men to be abusive to their wives? I have a friend (american-born) whose parents are Yoruban and her father rules over her mother with an iron-fist. Because of this, my friend hates her father and pities her mother. If she were Nigerian would she consider this to be normal?

I am very sorry to answer that it is true that Nigerian men rulre their wives with iron fists. Actually, only Yorruba men use iron fist. Ibo men use Steel fist and Hausa men use a special alloy made of stone, steel, aluminum, and coconut fronds. I think the call it a STOSTEELAUcoconut fist. It is very hard!

6) How do Nigerians who have immigrated to or visited America feel about American society? Do you think it's morally bankrupt?

No, Infact America is not bankrupt at all. At the rate your president is going though, this may happen very soon.
Re: A Nigerian response by Seun(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2005
Well, at least it's original! grin
Re: A Nigerian response by Latoya(f): 5:34am On Sep 19, 2005
cool cool cool
Re: A Nigerian response by fabian(f): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2005
TeHeeeeHeee grin grin
Re: A Nigerian response by hotangel2(f): 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2005
ha! cheesy cheesy
Re: A Nigerian response by zeora(f): 10:50pm On Sep 19, 2005
wow this is so funny i think that's how we should be responding to the americans. like i told this one kid, she ask in africa do they have house i told her no, i said we live on trees and even the america embassy is on tree also she was mad and she became i was really laughing cuz it was funny.
[proud to be and african smiley]

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian response by WesleyanA(f): 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2005
what's the difference between ibo and igbo?

ibo is easier to type and igbo is a bad word in Yoruba.
Re: A Nigerian response by micklplus(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2006
well said
Cheers
Re: A Nigerian response by jayemkay(f): 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2006
hahaha grin grin grin
Re: A Nigerian response by dabby(f): 10:58am On May 09, 2007
that was really funny.
Re: A Nigerian response by ikejoe(m): 11:55am On May 09, 2007
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i seeeeeeeeee
d yoruba's will say "english is pepper onyobo tar"

(1) (Reply)

Bullet For Christ / An Old Cowboy / Blind Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.